• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
220px-Asian_Openbill_(Anastomus_oscitans)_in_Kolkata_I_IMG_0495.jpg

EDIT: fuckin' late like her period.

Suairyu

Banned
She doesn't have the finances to raise a child. She has mother issues because hers basically abused her for years and abandoned her. In September she's going to uni.

You're goddamn right I told her to get to an abortion clinic. (edit - GP. Goddamn US-GAF's funny terms)

Luckily she's totally atheist and agreed with me. I'm doing God's work here, people.

Salvadora

Abortion is illegal in N.I/R.O.I so I wonder how that effects the decision of a potential mother. Some people travel to other parts of the U.K to do it but I can't help but wonder how many.

Suairyu

Banned
Abortion is illegal in N.I/R.O.I so I wonder how that effects the decision of a potential mother. Some people travel to other parts of the U.K to do it but I can't help but wonder how many.
wait wat
brb researching

edit - goddamn R.O.I is a shittier country than the USA confirmed.

Suairyu

Banned
But why NI, too? That's UK territory and something as important as women's rights shouldn't be decided by local government.

Salvadora

But why NI, too? That's UK territory and something as important as women's rights shouldn't be decided by local government.

N.I had it's own parliment in 1967 and was/is very, very religious. It can be done on the grounds of health, if the women is at physical or mental risk but that's it. I think the ban on abortion is one of the few things both sides agree on. I still see people protesting against any introduction here.

Suairyu

Banned
Scotland has it's own parliament but I wouldn't let it decide women's rights. This is fundamental shit.

edit - CHEEZMO you ruined the debate with a one word post TIME FOR STAGE VIOLENCE

also now I have a Jeremy Kyle craving...

Jeremy Kyle USA is so much dramatic and, well, American than the UK version. Listen to the loudness of that punch! That's true Stateside television making right there.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Club update : speaking to a travler, approach someone after it and speak really fast, the dude thinks im am a travler and shits it, I put my fist out and mutter cocaine, the dude pors it into the gap between my thumb n fingers, I snort it then lick a my fag and dip it in the remaining charley and smoke. Free Charly for the win

Suairyu

Banned
Well then, chaps.

Law has been laid down and the term "cunt" isn't even permissible in UK-GAF thread anymore.

From now on, we are to refrain from speaking like proper gents and must conform to this fascism.

Female GAF members (hi, Musha!) are allowed to use the word, but ironically only when referring to their own vaginas, which seems to fly in the face of the reason why the word was banned in the first place. Maybe it was a calculated decision to mock our "it doesn't mean vagina" position. One can but wonder.

"Dick", "cock" and "willy" is perfectly fine as always, naturally. They didn't clarify "twat".

I'm going to go pour a drink out for the English language then retire to my bed.

Well then, chaps.

Law has been laid down and the term "cunt" isn't even permissible in UK-GAF thread anymore.

From now on, we are to refrain from speaking like proper gents and must conform to this fascism.

Female GAF members (hi, Musha!) are allowed to use the word, but ironically only when referring to their own vaginas, which seems to fly in the face of the reason why the word was banned in the first place. Maybe it was a calculated decision to mock our "it doesn't mean vagina" position. One can but wonder.

"Dick", "cock" and "willy" is perfectly fine as always, naturally. They didn't clarify "twat".

I'm going to go pour a drink out for the English language then retire to my bed.

Well thank goodness I have a cunt, which enables me to still use the word, although not in the way I wish.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Isn't that sexism? I don't use the word myself, but how does one prove one's gender online? Everyone knows it's one of the easiest things to fake. My avatar clearly indicates I'm a little girl.

I've just gone back and read the whole thread from where it started. I am very disappointed in the attitude of the mods, not allowing reasonable debate and generally having a "what we say goes end of" approach to the matter. Out of curiosity, are all the mods from the US? If not do they all agree on this matter?

I think I may have to talk about my cunt a lot more now, just to keep the word alive. Weird how they think it's ok for me to refer to my vagina using the word.

So yeah, I have a cunt, it's very cunt-like.

I've just gone back and read the whole thread from where it started. I am very disappointed in the attitude of the mods, not allowing reasonable debate and generally having a "what we say goes end of" approach to the matter. Out of curiosity, are all the mods from the US? If not do they all agree on this matter?

I think I may have to talk about my cunt a lot more now, just to keep the word alive. Weird how they think it's ok for me to refer to my vagina using the word.

So yeah, I have a cunt, it's very cunt-like.

But now for the finer details, will I get banned for quoting you? Because it's technically in my post now.

daviyoung

Banned
generally having a "what we say goes end of" approach to the matter

This is GAF, lady.

Most of the mods are new worlders, there are a couple from Blighty and Europe but I haven't seen them for a while. Not that it matters, they blatantly have a mod only section of the forum and majority rules. 90% of GAF are American, so representatively speaking 90% of mods probably are too.

Completely ridiculous, and - yes - ludicrously sexist. Having rarely referred directly to my gender on GAF, I was very tempted to just pretend to be a woman so I could, rarely, use the word in posts. At least twat hasn't been clarified.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Noo! We've now lost a part of what made uk gaf stand out on here :( Bollox.

Suairyu

Banned
Isn't that sexism? I don't use the word myself, but how does one prove one's gender online? Everyone knows it's one of the easiest things to fake. My avatar clearly indicates I'm a little girl.
The hilarious thing is that I think there are more transgendered on GAF than there are biological women.

Noo! We've now lost a part of what made uk gaf stand out on here :( Bollox.
Careful! You might not get banned for such sexually-charged swearing!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Such a pity. You'll have to spend an extra few seconds thinking up something unnecessarily coarse to add to your internet forum posts. Oh, gaf! I weep!

Is 'cunny' also banned? You wouldn't outright use that word as an offensive word, yet it has the same meaning.

All aspects of this ban need to be explored.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I am starting to find the irony of how fitting the thread title here is right now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom