• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
aYygd.jpg

Although I'm in favour of reclaiming bunting, I think we need to establish how we use it in a sentence.

I quite like "go hang it on your bunting" or "go hang up your bunting" as a go fuck yourself/fuck off style insult.

I'm no linguist, but both bunting and the banned word are nouns. Surely it could just be a simply swap?

I think the 'ing' on bunting kind of distracts. For those who don't know, "you bunting" makes it look more like a verb. And it's those people we're trying to game.

Other options: we all go completely ridiculous with British slang, using twazzock, nonce etc wherever possible

daviyoung

Banned
Mods need a word filter so that words they don't like get automatically changed to something inoffensive upon posting.

Bring on the next breaking news story: 'Great tits come home for the summer'

Suairyu

Banned
The great word cull of yesterday shows that it is not, no.

If we use "flanders pigeon" as a replacement then we can call the mods the flanders pigeon murderers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is GAF mature?

Well I like to assume that the moderation team is, at least when it comes to the rules. I don't expect 4chan equivalents where their old wordfilter was used to change the meaning of your post ("NeoGAF rules" would become "NeoGAF sucks"). But "fuck" could become "Fun House" or something a little fun rather than "****"

Then again it isn't hard to bypass a filter. For example ********** and Go​Nintendo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gash.

edit - oh shit BGBW rip man

Is it totally bannable even when discussing the word without directing it at someone. I understood the post that the use the word to describe something was the bannable offense.

Guess I'll edit my post.

Suairyu

Banned
If we call it the yoni we'll be all cultural like.

Doesn't have the same power though.

Mr. Sam you speak like a raspberry ripple.

daviyoung

Banned
But "fuck" could become "Fun House" or something a little fun rather than "****"

Then again it isn't hard to bypass a filter. For example ********** and Go​Nintendo.

Yeh, something like that. Mods would still have to look for those who add a space or hyphen to get round it, but they have to do that now anyway. And there are so many fowl cryers in here that an entire topic can be turned into a witch-hunt on a single word. It's not like mods have to try hard to see someone cocking up since everyone points at them.

Suairyu

Banned
This whole affair reminds me of when the BBC had that teen sex advice area of their website, including a sexual advice forum, but posts had to be pre-approved and you couldn't even use the medically correct terms for genitals. It was really weird watching people getting impressively creative to use the forum for its intended purpose.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well then, chaps.

Law has been laid down and the term "cunt" isn't even permissible in UK-GAF thread anymore.

From now on, we are to refrain from speaking like proper gents and must conform to this fascism.

Female GAF members (hi, Musha!) are allowed to use the word, but ironically only when referring to their own vaginas, which seems to fly in the face of the reason why the word was banned in the first place. Maybe it was a calculated decision to mock our "it doesn't mean vagina" position. One can but wonder.

"Dick", "cock" and "willy" is perfectly fine as always, naturally. They didn't clarify "twat".

I'm going to go pour a drink out for the English language then retire to my bed.

Oh man that is fucking stupid. smh gaf mods... :mad: I like that word, it's like the cayenne chilli power of swear words - you don't need to use a lot of it, but you need it every now and then for that extra oomph.

How else can we describe Jeremy Kyle??

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I had a BBC post rejected because I used 1337 in the post. It was deemed illegible.

The thing it, my post was all about making a post legible because the person I was responding to wrote in txt speak. I used 1337 as an example of how to not make a post so it was quite funny that the moderator completely missed the point (and clearly didn't read the whole post). Basically I said something like "How can you expect anyone to understand you 'if u tipe lk dis'. If I wrote "|\/|y p0575 1|\| 1337' I wouldn't expect you to understand". Yes I was being a right bastard, but I saw it as me doing my little bit to improve our younger generation's English.

Surprising my stupidly immature name I used for that one post bypassed the filter. Pretty sure it was something ridiculous like "K1|\|9 p3|\|15".

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
When I was at school we added an h and used the word 'chunt', all finding it hilarious. It's got the same ring too it, but it's American-pleasingly innoffensive in reality.

"That guy is a right hucking chunt"

giggle.

Also, I'm noting that nobody here has actually used the scarlett word (bar musha and her gynaecologically related posts) since the ban. Do we dare???

Suairyu

Banned
Charlequinn was pretty resolute when he said community threads were also affected. I also got the hint that he might be watching this thread in particular for a spell.

We should form our own religion, get our 1000 members. Explicity state that members of the religion are 'top chaps/chapettes' and people who aren't in the religion belong to a group called the [insert banned word]s. So it works like Gentile and Jew. Then we'd be free to use it how we please.

Mr. Sam

I had a BBC post rejected because I used 1337 in the post. It was deemed illegible.

The thing it, my post was all about making a post legible because the person I was responding to wrote in txt speak. I used 1337 as an example of how to not make a post so it was quite funny that the moderator completely missed the point (and clearly didn't read the whole post). Basically I said something like "How can you expect anyone to understand you 'if u tipe lk dis'. If I wrote "|\/|y p0575 1|\| 1337' I wouldn't expect you to understand". Yes I was being a right bastard, but I saw it as me doing my little bit to improve our younger generation's English.

Relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Hangover guys, I'm changing my ways. Got a gym introduction booked for tomorrow.

Also guys lol the heart break. I was tabling a joint for a dude in the cigerette area and he had just finished putting his blue cheese weed in it and a gust of wind blew it out of my hand.

This was a travler who was Up in the club.

Also stopped smoking weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom