• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Is that what they do ? are divisions still deep ?

Well there's still probably a 50:50* split between nationalism and unionism. However, we just don't kill people over it anymore and it doesn't play a massive role in society.
James McClean did it for the football teams recently, chose to play for ROI rather than NI, but he's from Derry.

*of course many people don't care at all, but for sports or what-have-ye

Ashes

Banned
Yeah pretty much. Historically, even in conflict periods there have been people born in Republic of Ireland, who ran for GB, as Northern Ireland athletics joined up with the rest of the UK's sporting bodies.

Suairyu

Banned
Why do people keep picking on Mumei? He's only actually implementing the (apparently) long-time rule. Other mods have declared.

Anyway time to fire up Photoshop. I have no idea how I'm going to make mine work.

I feel like good things could be done with Asian Knuckles. If people could be so kind.

vFiCK.png

Suairyu

Banned
Goddamn, BGBW; this shit is sloppy.

Here's what happens when I make a new layer below your image and fill it in with black:
bgbwxtloo.png

Disgraceful.

Anyway, took the lazy way out with mine in the end. Tried making it look like a mask the duck was wearing but I couldn't pull it off in a way I liked, and any blend jobs like CHEEZMO's avatar never meant he looked like
CYqWE.png
in the end, which defeated the purpose.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel like good things could be done with Asian Knuckles. If people could be so kind.

vFiCK.png
UoQSi.jpg

Getting freakier by the second.

Goddamn, BGBW; this shit is sloppy.

Here's what happens when I make a new layer below your image and fill it in with black:
bgbwxtloo.png

Disgraceful.

Eh. I made the mask for the smiley so I never cleaned it up knowing that once it shrunk down it would be fine. I was at work so technically I wasn't even meant to be doing that.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Fair enough. That friend is best friends with someone who is gay though. But I suppose he is like others who take the issuing of offence lightly.

Oh man, he totally should have known better then. Or maybe he's used to banter with a gay person where you can say that...? A thorny issue. Personally, I'd call anyone a
CYqWE.png
but I really dislike the gay slurs, I guess because at school that stuff was targeted and homophobic.

Mr. Sam

I've managed to fit two avatar conventions into one. Yes, that is my actual arm, my actual neck and some of my actual hair.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
You know it's time like these on here that makes me think that this country will always repeat itself with how we act and how insane this country and its people is, with our humour and stupid banter. But I guess that's what we get from having bad weather (which in many cases has saved us from many invasions for so many centuries) and doing everything in the book that's been done mostly in this world. It's amusing.

Suairyu

Banned
Man...

You know how some people only talk at you? And if you try to get a conversation going or talk about yourself, it just doesn't happen? Like, they're just looking for someone to agree with them about things they want to say?

I thought I was done with such people.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Tenks died for our forefathers chaps. He's give us a clear sign to not tread those trenches and stick with our Hunt order!

Ok, I kinda wasn't paying attention. I saw a mod mention use of the Jeremy word in the Euro 2012 thread, Didn't think it would actually be policed.

It's quite frankly a ridiculous, US-centric, unworkable policy for a mod to follow. Whilst I appreciate it may be offensive in some places surely it should be appreciated that this is an international forum, people use different language in different contexts. I don't get all pissy when the AmeriHunts spell Aluminium or Colour wrong.

In other news, I've been using Menshn, It's like having a cosy chat with Louise Mensch whilst being heckled by a bunch of UKIP loonies.

In other other news, Got my first year uni results today, came second in the year by 0.1%. I am bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom