• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm disappointed Cheezmo bailed out on having that horrifying creature I made.

Also wait two ticks... why am I there?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah, Cheezmo is being a pussy there, that av was brilliant and disturbing.

very proud of everyone's work for these, it's a sight to behold. I wonder what the rest of GAF is thinking as they see these around. Will they think it's a sport thing I wonder?

Either as honourary member (creator of many of these avatars), or because I gullibly believed that you had a tiny Hunt face in your avatar, as per the pixellated image you posted.

Suairyu

Banned
I thought it was the boxing that made the Rocky movies.
You've got to be kidding me.

The sixth Rocky is the only one that had anything that even looked close to real boxing. It's always been the worst aspect of the series, because if you look at how he fights you just know he wouldn't be a contender at all.

SKINNER!

Banned
You've got to be kidding me.

The sixth Rocky is the only one that had anything that even looked close to real boxing. It's always been the worst aspect of the series, because if you look at how he fights you just know he wouldn't be a contender at all.

haha, I recall this one time I was walking past an electronics store in Abu Dhabi that was surrounded by a large crowd of people staring into the store. Automatically, I assumed there was a special promotion or some important breaking news broadcast on the TVs (I regularly do this actually. Regularly walked past a TV shop when I went to uni and it always had BBC News on. I'd sometimes stand and read the teletext subs for a bit) I so I pushed my way to the front only to discover that they were watching the Rocky/Clubber final fight scene from Rocky III and everyone was quietly and blankly staring at it like it was fucking tennis. I'll be honest, I - too - watched it until Rocky won the fight and then I continued on with my business.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Past my theory test folks. Glad that tense situation is over and done with ;) One answer wrong on the question part and a few fuck ups in the hazard perception but scored enough to pass.

I'm now in a place called stirling

SKINNER!

Banned
Past my theory test folks. Glad that tense situation is over and done with ;) One answer wrong on the question part and a few fuck ups in the hazard perception but scored enough to pass.

I'm now in a place called stirling

Congrats Kentpaul! Isn't there a deer park close to Stirling? I'd have recommended you to check it out but the weather is quite lame today.

Suairyu

Banned
o god you guys the accent of the French woman I just called to license some materials from. If I could fall in love with a voice, it would be hers. She even did the h-less "'allo?"

That's not how you spell Platoon.

Yeh, if we pretend Platoon, The Deer Hunter and Full Metal Jacket don't exist.
also great films, but First Blood does PTSD and the social attitudes of America to returning vets so well.

A few people have suggested simply censoring the words with **** rather than handing out bans. Growing up in London, I've rarely heard this word. Is it a regional thing?

no angel

Why the Jeremy Hunt avatars?

To bemoan the passing of a beloved swear word.

I've just spent the last half hour reading the official David Icke forums (don't ask how I arrived there, I don't really know), there's some awesome stuff on there. Apparently Jewish Rabbis perform blood magic by drinking the blood from freshly severed foreskin. You lean something new every day.

I've just spent the last half hour reading the official David Icke forums (don't ask how I arrived there, I don't really know), there's some awesome stuff on there. Apparently Jewish Rabbis perform blood magic by drinking the blood from freshly severed foreskin. You lean something new every day.

What

Meadows

Banned
A few people have suggested simply censoring the words with **** rather than handing out bans. Growing up in London, I've rarely heard this word. Is it a regional thing?

Who cares! It's just a word, and not one that is insulting to a specific group. Bitch is much more offensive imo, but that'll never get banned.

And as for the locality, I was under the impression it was used very often in London, specifically East London. Growing up in Warrington it wasn't used very much, but I can't speak for other places.

As a rabbi, I can confirm this.

Link?

Funny thing is most people wouldn't believe me if I said that sentence was partly true and would be baffled to which part!

SKINNER!

Banned
Apparently Jewish Rabbis perform blood magic by drinking the blood from freshly severed foreskin. You lean something new every day.

you mazeltov be joking!

I wonder where we stand with 'berk'?

(Berk -> Berkshire hunt -> Cunt).

Nobody ever seems to mind 'berk'.

True, my dad was anti-swearing when I was little and he called me a "daft berk" and I'm sure he knew fine well what that meant.

Qasiel

You whaaaaat? Londoners love that word! Unless you grew up in a monastery or something? :p

I, too, am curious. I've lived in London all my life and that word is thrown around all the time (it's probably why a lot of us aren't as fazed by it as some)!

EDIT: I'd love one of those Hunt avatars! Would one of you fine lot be so kind as to Hunt up my Fighting Machine?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm totally out of the loop on this avatar sitatuion, someone fill me up i ain't been posting much. I have been making big changes in my life for the better, i want an avatar made!

Welcome back. Don't get banned again!

He's a badman rolling deep, he will be banned again within the month.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Life is fucking weird chaps, I've been talking to a girl from okcupid and we soon video chat on Skype and then soon added on Facebook and will talk again soon (she has family in London so she looked in the area and come across me thanks to having things in common) and I come to see that her family is loaded and millionaires, what the fuck. This is the most random thing all week to happen to me.

Meadows

Banned
Welcome back. Don't get banned again!

I'm totally out of the loop on this avatar sitatuion, someone fill me up i ain't been posting much. I have been making big changes in my life for the better, i want an avatar made!

He's a badman rolling deep, he will be banned again within the month.

I want to live in a world where getting banned from internet forums gets you street cred. I used the word "stretch" to describe my ban in another thread and nobody called me out, what's that all about.

Suairyu

Banned
Life is fucking weird chaps, I've been talking to a girl from okcupid and we soon video chat on Skype and then soon added on Facebook and will talk again soon (she has family in London so she looked in the area and come across me thanks to having things in common) and I come to see that her family is loaded and millionaires, what the fuck. This is the most random thing all week to happen to me.
Marry into that wealth instantly.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Marry into that wealth instantly.

Dat American Capitalism.

In all honestly though we did enjoy ourselves talking over Skype video for an hour and looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. I just can't fucking believe how crazy my weird luck is going right now, my whole life is going into randomness these past few months, as if I am Thomas the tank engine and he's infinitely off the rails. Fuck.

SKINNER!

Banned
Dat American Capitalism.

In all honestly though we did enjoy ourselves talking over Skype video for an hour and looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. I just can't fucking believe how crazy my weird luck is going right now, my whole life is going into randomness these past few months, as if I am Thomas the tank engine and he's infinitely off the rails. Fuck.

Connections son! It's not about what you know but who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom