• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I got banned for first commenting an american football thread saying

REAL MEN PLAY RUGBY, or i could have been trolling a rugby thread reversing the statement,

a week in the can was served standing on my head.

me and my cellmate imdb forums got on just fine

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
d5GNd.jpg
QBO65.jpg

Jeremy is going to send me a cease and desist soon.

For as supposedly fucked as the UK games market is, it never really comes through for me when I need it. Went to town today to have a nosy round and see how cheap I could find the Jak & Daxter Trilogy on PS3 (amongst other things)- only place I could find it (Gamestation) had it for £22. So I said "fuck it" and got it on PSN (£20, £10 cheaper than buying all 3 separately).

Not that I'm complaining- digital is the bee's knees.

£20 on PSN, you say? I'd no idea PSN wasn't total rubbish.

Pretty sure they just slashed the price by a tenner. Oh, haven't you seen PS+? I don't use it because no job = not gonna sign up for subscription services, but the amount of stuff they have available for free is bananas.

Jak and Daxter 1 is still great. And holy shit did they do a bang-up job of HD-ing it up.

Mr. Sam

Pretty sure they just slashed the price by a tenner. Oh, haven't you seen PS+? I don't use it because no job = not gonna sign up for subscription services, but the amount of stuff they have available for free is bananas

Something doesn't quite add up.

Jak and Daxter 1 is still great. And holy shit did they do a bang-up job of HD-ing it up.

I've got a backlog longer than my arm, but I'm a compulsive spender and this sounds good. I got the Prince of Persia collection for £10 and have only played an hour of it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You'll eventually get round to playing your games. I got NMH2 back in January and I only played and completed it last week.

Hey guys.

Today my friend received a letter from The Money Shop claiming he has taken a loan of £500 from them and that it's due. He hasn't. So he called them to enquire and explain. They say that there has been a loan taken in his name and at his address, although they said the DOB's did not match up.

Firstly, that's weird, can you really take a loan out with such simple details from these kinds of places? Would they not have taken some bank details and wouldn't they have checked to see if they match?

They have told my friend that have a picture of the person who has taken the loan and want my friend to go into the branch to discuss and clear this.

This sounds really dodgy. My friend hasn't taken this loan, does he need to go into the branch to meet with them when he has done nothing wrong and should he be worried he could somehow be held accountable and lose some money?

He doesn't have to go anywhere. In the end it could just be easier to sort it out in branch (seems like a nationwide set up). Record every phone conversation too, and perhaps ask which account the money was sent to.
Speak to the CAB and Financial Ombudsman if they keep hassling. Hopefully they'll see very quickly it's two different people.

Something doesn't quite add up.

I've got a backlog longer than my arm, but I'm a compulsive spender and this sounds good. I got the Prince of Persia collection for £10 and have only played an hour of it.

I was gonna make a joke about how free it is, but those jokes are pretty old now. :p Anyway, point is it seems like a decent intiative.

As for Jak, the port job is a hell of a lot better than PoP HD. And I too have a backlog, it's awful :(

Kentpaul

4 days clean from weed/tobacco.

ME > Rest of the UK, tobacco is fucking EASY to quit, the shit ain't addictive in the slightest. Mkat is the only drug i find addictive.

My thoughts are much clearer now and i have not felt anxiety in days, I'm now going to install windows 8. inb4 this metro trash pisses me off

daviyoung

Banned
Keep in mind the only tobacco intake i had was mixing weed/tobacco for joints. i was not smoking up cigarettes.

Yeh, that's why it's quite easy to quit then. Because it's real addictive when you're smoking cigarettes.

And yeh, it does look like Johnny Vaughan. From his Big Breakfast years.

Kentpaul

Yeh, that's why it's quite easy to quit then. Because it's real addictive when you're smoking cigarettes.

And yeh, it does look like Johnny Vaughan. From his Big Breakfast years.

No its not. I smoke cigarettes sometimes when I'm shitfaced and don't think about them at all when I'm sober. If they were addictive i would carry on smoking them.

Cigarettes are something soccer moms get addicted to, OH HEY THIS GIVES ME A NICE FEELING I'M SO ADDICTED, god to think how they would act after a line of charly. Also soccor moms get fucking hooked on shit like Valium/opiate painkillers to lol

Hey guys.

Today my friend received a letter from The Money Shop claiming he has taken a loan of £500 from them and that it's due. He hasn't. So he called them to enquire and explain. They say that there has been a loan taken in his name and at his address, although they said the DOB's did not match up.

Firstly, that's weird, can you really take a loan out with such simple details from these kinds of places? Would they not have taken some bank details and wouldn't they have checked to see if they match?

They have told my friend that have a picture of the person who has taken the loan and want my friend to go into the branch to discuss and clear this.

This sounds really dodgy. My friend hasn't taken this loan, does he need to go into the branch to meet with them when he has done nothing wrong and should he be worried he could somehow be held accountable and lose some money?

Google suggests this company has done similar things in the past, and Little Old Man's advice is good. If the debt's not in your friend's name, I don't think he has any obligation to sort the matter out with them.

daviyoung

Banned
No its not. I smoke cigarettes sometimes when I'm shitfaced and don't think about them at all when I'm sober. If they were addictive i would carry on smoking them.

Cigarettes are something soccer moms get addicted to, OH HEY THIS GIVES ME A NICE FEELING I'M SO ADDICTED, god to think how they would act after a line of charly. Also soccor moms get fucking hooked on shit like Valium/opiate painkillers to lol

Nope. 10 - 20 cigarettes a day for a few years will set that addiction straight. A few cigarettes when you're drunk and skinning up doesn't make you a smoker. It's an addiction that's part habit and part drug, I'm not sure what logical hoops you've jumped through to get to your stance but you're wrong, or just have no idea what addiction is.

Also guess what, benzos and opiates are addictive too.

SKINNER!

Banned
You'll eventually get round to playing your games. I got NMH2 back in January and I only played and completed it last week.

haha, I picked up No More Heroes 2 when it came out and I've yet to play it :(

Good stuff man! I find addiction so fascinating. Like, I never understood how people can get addicted to fizzy drinks and coffee. I drink the stuff but I don't get that "omg, I need my fix!" feeling that everyone else seem to have. Although, I did have a fast food addiction during high school and university. When I discovered how unhealthy I was, I went cold turkey for 2 years and now I look back and think "How the fuck was I addicted to these stupidly large bags of fried shit?! (crisps)" /feelsgoodman

But I'm curious, you gonna stay clean during the Wu-Tang concert or you gonna have a cheat day?

Anyone else think that Kent's new avatar looks like Johnny Vaughan?

Looks like a young Gordon Ramsey to me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

ME > Rest of the UK,
tobacco is fucking EASY to quit, the shit ain't addictive in the slightest. Mkat is the only drug i find addictive.

My thoughts are much clearer now and i have not felt anxiety in days, I'm now going to install windows 8. inb4 this metro trash pisses me off

Four days? I guess that makes me around 2200 times greater than you then.

Kentpaul

haha, I picked up No More Heroes 2 when it came out and I've yet to play it :(

Good stuff man! I find addiction so fascinating. Like, I never understood how people can get addicted to fizzy drinks and coffee. I drink the stuff but I don't get that "omg, I need my fix!" feeling that everyone else seem to have. Although, I did have a fast food addiction during high school and university. When I discovered how unhealthy I was, I went cold turkey for 2 years and now I look back and think "How the fuck was I addicted to these stupidly large bags of fried shit?! (crisps)" /feelsgoodman

But I'm curious, you gonna stay clean during the Wu-Tang concert or you gonna have a cheat day?

Looks like a young Gordon Ramsey to me.

I just wont be smoking weed, il try and buy that pink panther shit for the wu tang, il be drinking also.

i was never addicted to weed, i just enjoyed smoking it daily.

SmokyDave

Hey guys.

They'll have copies of the documents used to take out the loan. I'd find out what ID was used. It might also be worth your friend nipping in just in case he can ID the fraudster, they'll have a clear headshot.

Despite the fact that they operate in a shady area, Dollar Finance are fairly good people. I'm sure your friend will not be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom