• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I advise scottish gaf just to come along to the wu tang, have a few drinks with me in some bars around glasgow before hand, then we will all drop a pink panther capsule with the glory powder down our necks and wait in the line for the gig, shit should start kicking in asap.. by the time were all waiting around for the pre gig band/dj coming on we will start coming up big time.

Come guys.

My plans for my wu tang visit to glasgow include the following.

Locating the Pink panther RC drug from a headshop in glasgow

Getting shitfaced in bars

eating pizza from an awesome pizza place

conversing with awesome strangers in the wu tang que

Entering the gig and just going wild when the music starts

I'm just starting to get back into shape, i won't have my huge muscles i had when i was at benidrom but they will still look awesome.

I have seen the wu tang clan every year since i was 19 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P24cv8MC6uY&feature=related

that was a few years back, fucking crazy shit

I may or may not puff a joint if i get one passed to me in the WU TANG GIG, HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I will now make a hype based post like this every day untill the WU TANG GIG

Qasiel

d5GNd.jpg
QBO65.jpg

Jeremy is going to send me a cease and desist soon.

Thanks BGBW! He looks great!

I need to get in on this avatar malarkey. I'm in work at the mo, but I'll get on it when I can.

I actually don't like the word that much, but still...

So how's everyone been finding Assassins Creed 3 marketing? I love how agressive they try to picture the British empire in this.

If I weren't incredibly ignorant of the history surrounding the Revolution, I would feel safe contributing. As it is, I probably shouldn't! Although I love that, as someone posted in that thread, one of the things Ubisoft felt defines Americans is "I refuse to learn the history of a country I'll never see." Fantastic.

EDIT: I should also say that I couldn't care less if they make us look bad, other nations have been victimised by TV, film and video games for a long time, I'm sure we can take it. As long as we can call Ubisoft our favourite word!

daviyoung

Banned
Does The Patriot show the French to be noble freedom fighting warriors? AssCreed is a mega-French franchise so not surprised it's aggressive against the English.

Kentpaul

We just have just burned out all the yanks when we had the chance! sent a good few more ships over and gave the land back to the Indians.

maybe invade a few shitty country's along the way and send in mass army'sof slaves, i still can't believe a young nation like america defeated us.

It makes me so embarrassed.

Qasiel

I have seen the patriot bro, i know how much wankers us brits were.

Mel Gibson just doesn't like the English. Baddies in The Patriot? English. Baddies in Braveheart? English. I haven't seen it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the baddies who crucified Jesus in The Passion of the Christ were English.

Americans use us Brits as villians in everything, it's not just Mel Gibson films. We're their oldest enemy.

Still, I've only just started playing Assassin's Creed and I'm loving it, so I'm quite looking forward to playing the rest of them, including 3. The bloke is really interested in the American civil war so he's looking forward to watching me play it too.

Kentpaul

Mel Gibson just doesn't like the English. Baddies in The Patriot? English. Baddies in Braveheart? English. I haven't seen it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the baddies who crucified Jesus in The Passion of the Christ were English.

Does anyone like the English though man xD

Americans use us Brits as villians in everything, it's not just Mel Gibson films. We're their oldest enemy.

Still, I've only just started playing Assassin's Creed and I'm loving it, so I'm quite looking forward to playing the rest of them, including 3. The bloke is really interested in the American civil war so he's looking forward to watching me play it too.

First one is trash, buy the second and start from there.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member

The first can become repetitive pretty fast and the mechanics in comparison with the second instalment and mini sequels in that story arc are much better so keep that in mind. I loved brotherhood though, rome and everything with it was amazing.

Looking at the Radio 1 playlist, there are maybe 3 gems mixed in with a load of dross. The 6music one is definitely better, while the Radio 2 one is the worst of the bunch.

Kentpaul

Radio 1 in work today. 100x better, simply because I don't have to deal with a ppi ad every 10 minutes.

I'm so glad to be off work till friday :)

Gym and gears of war for me today, a day of pure relaxation. (apart from the gym part but thats always feels good man)

Suairyu

Banned
Apparently I'm not giving the impression of doing much work these past two days. Impression, mind, because I've done more than my normal rate that usually gets a ton of praise. Ugh. Now I've gotta be paranoid about looking like I'm working hard, as opposed to just letting my results speak for .themselves. This is why you shouldn't sit near the boss of your boss of your boss.

Lirlond

Haha, I know nothing of what you are doing. But it doesn't /look/ like you're doing much. I know, because I'm the regional manager!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

The Modern Warfare storyline of the Call of Duty series says hi.

And please use the word "English" instead of "Brits" in this context. It's a lot more accurate.

Why wasn't I informed we had a thread?

Where do you live: Cambridge.
Where are you from: The same.
University: Anglia Ruskin.
Sports team of choice: No thanks.
Current political party of choice: Labour, by default.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun, but cob is good.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Limmy's Show!
Oasis or Blur: Blur, obviously.

SteveWD40

CHEEZMO™;39502170 said:
Jeremy Hunt MP, you sausage.

lol I see it now, I kept seeing the av's in other threads and knew the answers would lie within this place.

So, why are you all using his face then?

SKINNER!

Banned
Apparently I'm not giving the impression of doing much work these past two days. Impression, mind, because I've done more than my normal rate that usually gets a ton of praise. Ugh. Now I've gotta be paranoid about looking like I'm working hard, as opposed to just letting my results speak for .themselves. This is why you shouldn't sit near the boss of your boss of your boss.

This usually works for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kafq7yrKAOQ

Also, at least you aren't surrounded by snitches like the office I'm currently in. Not entirely sure how I'm suppose to get along with work colleagues (boss's orders) who are out to stab me in the back. meh, whatever.

about time you joined this thread!

daviyoung

Banned

I recognise the avatar, was it Stupacabra or something before? Same avatar different guy? Same guy different screenname?

My bottom is being filmed for TV.

And it's the least strange role I've been filmed for all day.

I've always dreamed of being a stunt arse. I know them jobs exist.

Kentpaul

Fantastic weather in glasgow today. Rain with a chance of lightning.

Same here in falkirk. Its fucking warm outside yet pissing down with rain.

Life update number 2:

My thoughts are ever so clear, still coughing up fucking tar n shit from the 20 fags i smoked when i was wasted on Saturday night.

(Going clubbing with a 20 deck is a terrible idea.)

A second kentpaul gears of war headshot montage is in production. You will find my first in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gyNBw_hbbs&feature=plcp

Oh and my dodgy ass jaw clenching from the pink panther has finally went away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom