• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wasn't I informed we had a thread?

Where do you live: Cambridge.
Where are you from: The same.
University: Anglia Ruskin.
Sports team of choice: No thanks.
Current political party of choice: Labour, by default.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun, but cob is good.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Limmy's Show!
Oasis or Blur: Blur, obviously.

Pffft, there's only one Lord British to me. And he's in space.

SmokyDave

CHEEZMO™;39504139 said:
Dave, I reported you to the moderators for that reprehensible homophobic slur.
I don't blame you. I'm a thoroughly rotten person.

Some buses 'round my way have a huge slogan on the back reading "FAG HOUSES BRING CRIME TO ESTATES". I can imagine some poor American GAFfer following one and having a heart attack at the wheel.

God help what you must have been like when you could smoke inside clubs. Lungs like a welsh coal miner.
Man, you could smoke in clubs, offices and on buses when I was younger. Them good ol' days.

(I don't really miss smoking in offices. My old office was hazardous to the health of everyone in a 3 mile radius)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I can't even imagine what a 90s bingo hall would have been like with the smoke. Dem grannies love there cigs

SmokyDave

I can't even imagine what a 90s bingo hall would have been like with the smoke. Dem grannies love there cigs

Unpleasant.

Despite what you might think, I don't actually support smoking anywhere public and indoors, with the very specific exception of bars and clubs.

I don't even smoke in my own home (unless I'm chilling in the cellar, but that's different).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why wasn't I informed we had a thread?

Where do you live: Cambridge.
Where are you from: The same.
University: Anglia Ruskin.
Sports team of choice: No thanks.
Current political party of choice: Labour, by default.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun, but cob is good.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Limmy's Show!
Oasis or Blur: Blur, obviously.

i5Dlqdkb1QUMW.gif

I recognise the avatar, was it Stupacabra or something before? Same avatar different guy? Same guy different screenname?

Yeah, I had it changed.

Pffft, there's only one Lord British to me. And he's in space.

Haha, that's the reference. It ain't Ultima, that's for sure.

That reminds me, I need to hoover up your Yuru Yuri gifs. Excuse me while I browse your posts...

CAN'T SAY EH!?!

Nope, might get sacked.

Suairyu

Banned
Australian down for using proper English term for a footballer! Sculli has been slain! UK-GAF must support its criminal offspring.

OH SHIT HERE COMES THE LIGHTNING.

Thank god I decided to come straight home today. I was gonna go shopping for a bit lol

I've just gotten back from shopping, picking up some stuff for the London meet up on Saturday.

Whoever isn't coming is gonna totally miss out!

Lirlond

CHEEZMO™;39509844 said:
Manchester. So probably not.

Hm, Manchesters a pretty good city, I'll need to check train tickets. Could hold it there, we can all crash at your place haha ;p

lol £50 return on the train

£100 flights. What the hell. I can get to london for like £20 on ryanair lol

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;39510006 said:
I dont think my parents would appreciate it.

lols staying with your parents.

Me and your dad could drink a 6 pack together discussing golf.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing art pieces you posted there Kentpaul, the first is my favourite. The crazy fucking thing is to think that can easily happen in our lifetimes in such mega cities and other areas of the world.

Kentpaul

Amazing art pieces you posted there Kentpaul, the first is my favourite. The crazy fucking thing is to think that can easily happen in our lifetimes in such mega cities and other areas of the world.

They really captured my attention when i seen first seen them.

CHEEZMO™;39511009 said:
#2 reminds me of Whiterun in Skyrim.

That one was posted to my facebook, i rushed to the link hoping it was a new game altogether.

set the first one as my desktop background, its a little stetched but it doesnt look to bad, awesome pic

Kentpaul

I wish the cities in Skyrim were that big :(

Ain't the modders got round to making big huge epic citys yet ?

I wish our citys/ villages looked like this
1442x1000_5655_Fable_3_Brightwall_2d_landscape_fable_3_brightwall_lionhead_fantasy_city_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

i hate how our citys n shit look, everything is so straight and lifeless. Bland as fuck to.

Ain't the modders got round to making big huge epic citys yet ?

1442x1000_5655_Fable_3_Brightwall_2d_landscape_fable_3_brightwall_lionhead_fantasy_city_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

i hate how our citys n shit look, everything is so straight and lifeless. Bland as fuck to.

To a point as there are mods to add more people in the cities. To have actual bigger cities though, and a much more realistic world, the Skyrim landmass would need to be several times larger than it currently is. Then you could create cities of several hundred people.
Then of course the game takes years to make, costs go through the roof, problems in filling up the cities with good AI, quests, background etc. Finally the performance would begin to drag with so many NPCs. The game lives in my dreams though.

Still irks me to this day the Imperial city in Oblivion had about 150 NPCs, tops. Capital of an empire my arse.

Does the Witcher 2 have huge cities?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
To a point as there are mods to add more people in the cities. To have actual bigger cities though, and a much more realistic world, the Skyrim landmass would need to be several times larger than it currently is. Then you could create cities of several hundred people.
Then of course the game takes years to make, costs go through the roof, problems in filling up the cities with good AI, quests, background etc. Finally the performance would begin to drag with so many NPCs. The game lives in my dreams though.

Still irks me to this day the Imperial city in Oblivion had about 150 NPCs, tops. Capital of an empire my arse.

Does the Witcher 2 have huge cities?

The Witcher universe does have huge "cities" like capitals but the story located are crafted that set around the outskirts of such places (escaping a prison and then soon going onto a ship) and mostly set around in old battlegrounds, towns, and forts. They do do a great job of making it feel like there are thousands fighting it out however in some areas thanks to little tricks they do.

The Witcher universe does have huge "cities" like capitals but the story located are crafted that set around the outskirts of such places (escaping a prison and then soon going onto a ship) and mostly set around in old battlegrounds, towns, and forts. They do do a great job of making it feel like there are thousands fighting it out however in some areas thanks to little tricks they do.

Sounds like a good compromise!

It's even more hilarious/disappointing when you look at the map and see the Capital city is meant to occupy an island that looks larger than the Isle of Man.

Yeah in Arena you could travel across the whole of Tamriel couldn't you? Took days to travel across just one province I think.

Kentpaul

you guys must have been like 15 years of age when playing arena.. i was about 6 or something holy fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom