• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Odd stuff at the M6 toll.

odd.png

The white coach isn't the one they were evacuated from but the police just took a dog on it, possibly to get the dog used to it before taking it on the real bus.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I use Radio 6 as an alarm, but once I wake up it just becomes a noise in the background for an hour while I do other things. Once is a blue moon they might play a song I like, usually something not very Radio 6 like this.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
BBC radio 6 is a great station to listen to. Dat Lauren Laverne <3

Radio 1 has hit a new low. They've got Dynamo on, doing card tricks, on the radio.

Radio 1 has been shit for quite some time now. I stopped listening to it in the mornings when they decided to back 1 Direction and play their terrible fucking songs every 5 minutes.

Fucking 1 Direction, Jesus Christ.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Please.

It's Wand Erection.

And Radio 1 fuckin suuuuuuuux. Not to sound like one of "those people" but pop music these days is the worst.

daviyoung

Banned
Yeh it's never hit a high and I can normally tune it out, but I have it on in the background because it's fairly inoffensive. But man, magic shows on the radio are offensive.

I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 1. For me it's Absolute Radio in the morning while I'm getting ready for work, Classic FM whenever I'm driving, and if I'm on the PC sometimes some American Country Music stations over the interweb.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Im on a bike in the gym FTw

Obviously you're not working hard enough by posting on here being distracted. Remove all comminication at the gym matey, and you've got to work hard to play hard.

Musha, you need to simultaneously raise the 'selling yourself to EvilLore' stakes, and make use of the fact that only you can use the banned word. If you get my gist :D

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Obviously you're not working hard enough by posting on here being distracted. Remove all comminication at the gym matey, and you've got to work hard to play hard.

I can't go on my phone on the cross trainer or the tredmill but on the bike man its fine, had the bike at a decent resistance and the sweat was poring out of me, some wutang to keep me going to.

Anything to keep my self from looking at how long i have left (I do 10 mintues of cardio on each machine)

love the powerplate to, a good workout just standing on the thing doing the poses

i hate indoor tv aerials.

Its been years since i have turned on a tv to watch, all my entertainment now comes from my awesome PC.

BBC iplayer, 4od n shit to cater for my tv needs, (my household pays for the TV licence)

Kentpaul

Really enjoying the effects of this alcohol guys/females.

Started to get the good old "Today is the day" feeling. Love it. Had to cut my drinking back though due to watching my health but i jumped into today for a few beers for the fucking hell of it.

asda make your own pizza in the fridge to for later on , today really is the day

I'm 11.9 stone for some reason even though i eat like shit so this pretty much gives me a free pass to keep eating like shit (by shit i mean awesome unhealthy food)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying the effects of this alcohol guys/females.

Started to get the good old "Today is the day" feeling. Love it. Had to cut my drinking back though due to watching my health but i jumped into today for a few beers for the fucking hell of it.

asda make your own pizza in the fridge to for later on , today really is the day

I'm 11.9 stone for some reason even though i eat like shit so this pretty much gives me a free pass to keep eating like shit (by shit i mean awesome unhealthy food)

Damn son, how tall are you? I am glad to have a body metabolism of a 12 year old again and I am 12 stone 2 now. None of you guys wouldn't believe me if I said 2.3 years year ago I was 17 stone (I was 13-14 stone when I moved to Leicester and I put on weight fairly in a few months since I was down and stayed inside as I didn't know the area) and just losing 5 stone pretty much and got my body all toned and shaped is one of the best damn feelings ever. Plus I don't seem to put on any weight any more outside muscle mass.

SKINNER!

Banned
I can't be the only one who actually uses the metric system when talking about weight. I don't understand this pound/stone nonsense.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I can't be the only one who actually uses the metric system when talking about weight. I don't understand this pound/stone nonsense.

I was 107 Kg over two years ago and now 77 if that helps :p (I am 6'3 so I hardly showed the weight until I got to my biggest, then I know I had to get it all gone for good)

Kentpaul

Damn son, how tall are you? I am glad to have a body metabolism of a 12 year old again and I am 12 stone 2 now. None of you guys wouldn't believe me if I said 2.3 years year ago I was 17 stone (I was 13-14 stone when I moved to Leicester and I put on weight fairly in a few months since I was down and stayed inside as I didn't know the area) and just losing 5 stone pretty much and got my body all toned and shaped is one of the best damn feelings ever. Plus I don't seem to put on any weight any more outside muscle mass.

I'm like 6.0 or 6.1 taller than most but shorter than extremely tall people :p

My mother and father are both skinny so i think that's the reason i never seem to gain weight, worse thing sometimes my face gets a little chubby looking lol but that's about it, i always am around 12 stone, worse i have been is 12.6 or something last year.

My goal thought like you is to get toned, I have a pretty basic looking body apart form my bicepts that i have been working with my dumbbell (before i joined the gym) But yeah that will come after a few months of working every part of my body i can manage.

I don't have a beer belly nor a 6pack lol its a limbo of skin

I'm 75.1/2 KG (yes it was moving between 1 and 2 when i was on the scales today at the gym)

I'm pretty glad, I'm so pleased i can eat unhealthy, cause healthy food is BORING AS SHIT, i get no satisfaction eating healthy food, I do enjoy a banana though.

The scales in my house growing up were always in Stone. So i took it from there.

Kentpaul

I used to weigh 130kg and now I weigh 90kg. I am around 180 cm. I have a hikers physique.

Zomg guys we have a stomper!

Jokes man!

Can't stress enough how good the gym feels, sure its fucking the worse thing ever when you are fucked and still have 7 minutes of running to do but fuck! Just don't think about it and get it over with, once you get some cold water down the neck and a 5 minute rest your good to do it all over again on another machine.

SKINNER!

Banned
ah! that's better :) Now it makes sense and btw, incredible accomplishments guys! I'm around 180m (5 foot 11-ish) and the highest I ever weighed was 125Kg during my late high school/uni days. Pretty dark time too, I could hardly move and I was just able to fit into cinema/airplane seats. Decided to kick the junk and hit the gym back in 2009 and now I weigh around 87Kg feeling a LOT energetic and comfortable. I still sweat like a Jeremy after each work-out session though.

Can't stress enough how good the gym feels, sure its fucking the worse thing ever when you are fucked and still have 7 minutes of running to do but fuck! Just don't think about it and get it over with, once you get some cold water down the neck and a 5 minute rest your good to do it all over again on another machine.

That's the best part of the gym. Knowing that you pushed yourself to accomplish something when you're feeling like shit whether its that last 5 minutes on the treadmill or the last rep on the weights. I'd usually end up feeling like a dick later on if I gave up too early.

Kentpaul

ah! that's better :) Now it makes sense and btw, incredible accomplishments guys! I'm around 180m (5 foot 11-ish) and the highest I ever weighed was 125Kg during my late high school/uni days. Pretty dark time too, I could hardly move and I was just able to fit into cinema/airplane seats. Decided to kick the junk and hit the gym back in 2009 and now I weigh around 87Kg feeling a LOT energetic and comfortable. I still sweat like a Jeremy after each work-out session though.

This.

I sweat like fuck after about 3 minutes on any cardio device. I even had a drop of sweat leave my eye browl and land on the floor LOL

Edit, Don't give up junk food if you can still maintain 87 kg. I really enjoying junk food, i couldn't imagine eating a salad or something for dinner, i need something to hit the spot and fill me up for hours.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
The scales in my house growing up were always in Stone. So i took it from there.

Same here but now I can do different measurements in multiple systems thanks to becoming a bit of a scientist in the human physique for fitness and diet area. It rocks considering my science qualification was low as I had no teacher for two years during my secondary school and it's nice to say my biology is top.

SKINNER!

Banned
I sweat like fuck after about 3 minutes on any cardio device. I even had a drop of sweat leave my eye browl and land on the floor LOL

lol! I wish mine hit the floor! :p the sweat drops somehow end up trickling down into my eyes and it stings! Perhaps I should go all 80s and wear a headband or start growning a Turkish monobrow.

Kentpaul

Same here but now I can do different measurements in multiple systems thanks to becoming a bit of a scientist in the human physique for fitness and diet area. It rocks considering my science qualification was low as I had no teacher for two years during my secondary school and it's nice to say my biology is top.

lol i have no clue about that shit, i had to stand and look at a chart today in front of the scales at the gym to look my stones from a KG measurement.

Wish i stuck in more in high school, at this age (21) I'm very eager to learn as much as i can, but in high school i really did not give a shit.

Pretty much have to self teach my self to spell words as i go along.. Its a harsh way to live but it works for me.

Nope. Killed all the witnesses. Well, all except one.....

Smokydave looking at 12 consecutive life sentences, One witness stands between dave walking free or spending the rest of his life in a segregated 24 hour suicidal watch prison cell (Fitted with the very latest cardboard made cell)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
lol i have no clue about that shit, i had to stand and look at a chart today in front of the scales at the gym to look my stones from a KG measurement.

Wish i stuck in more in high school, at this age (21) I'm very eager to learn as much as i can, but in high school i really did not give a shit.

I think a lot of us have the same feeling when we look back sometimes. The biggest thing I regret was how I didn't pay attention to my maths or tried with science. The good thing is I got my maths sorted and learned the things I needed and then some. The internet is a great place for learning.

Kentpaul

I'm kind of curious, Kentpaul, where you see yourself in 10 years? Would you go back for more education?

Living in a place closer to town (perhaps above a bar/shops)

A body looking Fine as fuck (Yes I'm skinny but toned i am not)

I would never go back into the education system, I was thinking about dealing legal highs in nightclubs to make some decent fast cash but my girlfriend was having none of it, curbed my idea right there.

Il probably just lean to save better and keep my job as long as possible. (I can go into tesco wanting to buy a jar of coffee and come out with 40 quid gaming headsets)

Totally want to see more of the world to, last year i was in turkey, this year Spain, and Amsterdam next month, so next year im planning on going to a wedding in Australia.

I will always be a working class fella, i don't mind that.

What about yourself ?

Ps i have 700 quid in one savings account, 900 in another, I have the cash in place to leave the UK and move anywhere in the world if shit ever went south. Backup plans FOR THE FUCKING WIN

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
In ten years time I like to see myself either at the top of the IT field when it comes to network and server management, already being network coordinator level, and still wish to be on top of continuous technology and expand my skills further to programming.

Another option however depends on a certain personal situation that is going and if things go well, and for some strange reason it will, I might be in a whole different country and I might wish to become a teacher in IT.

Those are my two current paths that is happening and I am happy either way.

Kentpaul

I'm kind of curious, Kentpaul, where you see yourself in 10 years? Would you go back for more education?

Living in a place closer to town (perhaps above a bar/shops)

A body looking Fine as fuck (Yes I'm skinny but toned i am not)

I would never go back into the education system, I was thinking about dealing legal highs in nightclubs to make some decent fast cash but my girlfriend was having none of it, curbed my idea right there.

Il probably just lean to save better and keep my job as long as possible. (I can go into tesco wanting to buy a jar of coffee and come out with 40 quid gaming headsets)

Totally want to see more of the world to, last year i was in turkey, this year Spain, and Amsterdam next month, so next year im planning on going to a wedding in Australia.

I will always be a working class fella, i don't mind that.

What about yourself ?

I think a lot of us have the same feeling when we look back sometimes. The biggest thing I regret was how I didn't pay attention to my maths or tried with science. The good thing is I got my maths sorted and learned the things I needed and then some. The internet is a great place for learning.

I blow at maths so fucking much its not even funny.

i got exactly middle results for all my exams (based on the 1 best 7 worst scale)

Totally never needed the results for any job i have been at so its win/win

In ten years time I like to see myself either at the top of the IT field when it comes to network and server management, already being network coordinator level, and still wish to be on top of continuous technology and expand my skills further to programming.

Another option however depends on a certain personal situation that is going and if things go well, and for some strange reason it will, I might be in a whole different country and I might wish to become a teacher in IT.

Those are my two current paths that is happening and I am happy either way.

This i can get behind, I will be on a pathetic scale compared to this, i plan on not being a janitor for my warehouse and being a operative in the future (Picking boxes pretty much) pays a few more quid an hour than i get.

Just still getting the weed out of my system for future drug tests (All other drugs apart from weed leave the system in a matter of days, Weed lingers in fucking fat cells FUCK MY LIFE IF I GET DRUG TESTED IN THE NEXT MONTH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom