• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Where in the world does one buy a house for £1600?

Fuck a house yo, Moving/find a place and pay a few months rent while looking for bar work (I plan on bailing to a year round brit holiday resort if shit ever does go south)

If i can't find work after i bale the UK then i'l find a british embassy and go in with my tail between my legs.

This is only if SHIT GOES SOUTH, here in the UK (that means loosing my girlfriend/job) aka if my girlfriend cheats on me or some dodgy shit like that.

yall, whats your back up plans then ? I think mines is fucking awesome.

Kentpaul

Well I suggest not using anything too large if you don't want your gal to get loose.

Drugs are my only vice, i do want to try smoking crack though, maybe snort a line of meth.

I have no interest in painkillers like heroin/codeine/co codamol/morphine/Valium, anything like that. fuck that

I can get away with drug use in front of my girl as long as my eyes don't go wide/jaw doesn't slide around like my teeth are made of ice. aka the zombie mouth.

When she see's me on the LSA seeds this Saturday she will know i can keep my shit together on psychedelics and il just stick to psychedelic/booze when i want to have some fun.

I don't see how crack can be any more enjoyable than hitting a spree of cocaine lines, i think meth will me like MKAT but with more Euphoria.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Kent I have no worries that you are the kind of person that will be fine either way in your life. You're a very intelligent person who understands how the world works and so fourth and you know your strengths so you can adapt to any situation when push comes to shove.

Kentpaul

Kent I have no worries that you are the kind of person that will be fine either way in your life. You're a very intelligent person who understands how the world works and so fourth and you know your strengths so you can adapt to any situation when push comes to shove.

Exactly man, I'm a pretty normal 21 year old lad in my opinion.

Can't stress enough though how glad i am to stopped smoking weed, that shit just sucked the fucking life out of me.

few more beers till i have some pizza and call it a night fella's

Stop quoting Musha's love letter to Kent.

Kentpaul

daviyoung

Banned

2760751_o.gif

Kentpaul

"Stallone options" sounds like something from an awesome Gradius ROM hack.

lol though its common knowledge around these parts that daviyoung has a shit taste in stallone movies.

Welp, can't get a lift to the gym tomorrow, it seems like i will have to walk

4.3 mi, 1 hour 23 mins according to google maps, 1.5 hours each way.

Can't wait to pass my driving test, past my theory on tuesday, i can put my brain power to use when i need to guys, i ain't no fool. YO

i also also need to take walk back, then work 8 hours, fuck the world,

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Someone tell me what these avatars are all about?

The fall of the UK gaf empire.

The C word has been banned on here and we have replaced that word in another meaning with Englands' most loved man, Jeremy Hunt, if you notice the irony in the name.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Never happening. They lost the source code years ago.

Don't you dare fucking remind me, there's still hope with that emulated version a company made still out there!
At least I've got the pal copy still in my collection, oh yes. UK gaf do know their Sega.

leadbelly

Banned
The fall of the UK gaf empire.

The C word has been banned on here and we have replaced that word in another meaning with Englands' most loved man, Jeremy Hunt, if you notice the irony in the name.

Well, I notice the cockney rhyming slangishness of that name. :p

It all makes sense now. Thank you! :D

Xun

Exactly man, I'm a pretty normal 21 year old lad in my opinion.

Can't stress enough though how glad i am to stopped smoking weed, that shit just sucked the fucking life out of me.

few more beers till i have some pizza and call it a night fella's
You're only 21? I assumed you were older for some reason.

SKINNER!

Banned
In ten years time I like to see myself either at the top of the IT field when it comes to network and server management, already being network coordinator level, and still wish to be on top of continuous technology and expand my skills further to programming.

Another option however depends on a certain personal situation that is going and if things go well, and for some strange reason it will, I might be in a whole different country and I might wish to become a teacher in IT.

Those are my two current paths that is happening and I am happy either way.

So you're in the IT field too?

CSDEs.gif

I was at the Pizza Express in St.Andrews with the family last night celebrating my sister's birthday. Such a lovely town filled with young hipster students and old-ass retired golfers.

Kentpaul

You're only 21? I assumed you were older for some reason.

I do come across as a very mature individual, My apologies for that.

I see someone used the C word further up the thread, who' telling a mod ? A weeks ban is in order. Thats if we all respect the GAF rules of course.

Hows your driving lessions coming along ? I'm on mock tests. Hopefully il pass soon.

shortywhy were you in a pizza express if your eating healthy xD

SKINNER!

Banned
I see someone used the C word further up the thread, who' telling a mod ?

Warn the mods by announcing "THE HUNTS ARE COMING!"

It's my sister's birthday! Come on man! :p I can't exactly turn around and say "Sorry, I won't celebrate with you guys because you decided to go to an unhealthy restaurant." Especially since we all don't spend time together as often now. Family in fife, sister was up north and is now moving to england in August, I'm at Glasgow.

Pizza Express isn't as bad as Pizza Hut and Dominoes anyway right? *waits for inevitable "you'll be surprised at how many calories are in a Pizza Express pizza" post*

MarkMclovin said:
poorly paid Wintel Engineer. Restarting services, bouncing servers and sorting out backup failures because some idiot can't even put fucking tapes into a library, FTW!

hello there! yeah, it seems the IT sector can't deliver the wads of cash that was promised when we were in Uni. Its the same here with all the older employees talking about how the company was swimming in money back in the 80s and now they struggle to send people abroad for face-to-face meetings with business clients let alone pay rises/bonuses etc.

Kentpaul

Warn the mods by announcing "THE HUNTS ARE COMING!"

It's my sister's birthday! Come on man! :p I can't exactly turn around and say "Sorry, I won't celebrate with you guys because you decided to go to an unhealthy restaurant." Especially since we all don't spend time together as often now. Family in fife, sister was up north and is now moving to england in August, I'm at Glasgow.

Pizza Express isn't as bad as Pizza Hut and Dominoes anyway right? *waits for inevitable "you'll be surprised at how many calories are in a Pizza Express pizza" post*

hello there! yeah, it seems the IT sector can't deliver the wads of cash that was promised when we were in Uni. Its the same here with all the older employees talking about how the company was swimming in money back in the 80s and now they struggle to send people abroad for face-to-face meetings with business clients let alone pay rises/bonuses etc.

I wouldn't know i don't eat chain pizza.

21008456.jpg

NY slice in stirling is part of a chain so in a way i do eat chain.

Xun

I do come across as a very mature individual, My apologies for that.

I see someone used the C word further up the thread, who' telling a mod ? A weeks ban is in order. Thats if we all respect the GAF rules of course.

Hows your driving lessions coming along ? I'm on mock tests. Hopefully il pass soon.

Sure you will man!

I've done about 18 hours worth of lessons, and it's going well! I've just got to learn to observe signs and what not. I've also got to book my theory soon.

Also you guys seen this? She probably took LSD and had a bad trip or something:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18735852

"blablabla I tried them once, they bad"

Kentpaul

Sure you will man!

I've done about 18 hours worth of lessons, and it's going well! I've just got to learn to observe signs and what not. I've also got to book my theory soon.

Also you guys seen this? She probably took LSD and had a bad trip or something:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18735852

"blablabla I tried them once, they bad"

The funny thing is 95% of everything in that room drinks.. Alcohol is the worse drug of them all.

I hate discussing drug problems.

The war on drugs ? has that lady every been to a nightclub ? Its world peace in they places.. apart from the drunks fighting.

SKINNER!

Banned
The funny thing is 95% of everything in that room drinks.. Alcohol is the worse drug of them all.

this. Funny how certain people dismuss drugs and talk shit about people who take drugs yet they don't even realise that alcohol in itself is a drug. and I'll be honest, hanging out with laid back, chilled stoners high on pot is far more safer than hanging out with unpredictable, angry drunks.

p.s. I know that not everyone who consumes alcohol is a raging moron and I suppose not everyone who takes pot can be calm and collective but I'm just taking points from my experiences. What's interesting is that there are some folk out there who are pretty great ppl sober but absolute knob-ends when intoxicated. It's all about how you handle yourself I suppose.

Just got my degree result.

First class honours master of pharmacy.

Feels so good.

Another swot! :p Congratualations GJS! My sister is graduating next week with the same degree. The shit she was learning sounded pretty intense.

Meadows

Banned
So, is there a reason ROI doesn't have it's own community thread?

Just wondering is all..

because ROI doesn't have enough posters to sustain it's own community and the culture/values/media in ROI and the UK are almost exactly the same.

It didn't make any sense to arbitrarily keep them out of the thread so I changed it to be inclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom