• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Oh man the C word just got thrown out big time in the LOST thread in the "insulting another GAF member" way. I wish the rules would contextually differentiate between that sort of (not good at all) behaviour and the casual Proper English Gentleman style, but hey ho.

GJS

I envy you. I needed ABB, got AAC, and got rejected. Fucking Jeremies.

My degree was ABB requirement when I applied and got in. Then you meet everyone and hear how they got in with BCC at clearing or some shit because they could no longer get into medicine.

Lirlond

I got into comp science with five B's at clearing. Didn't apply through ucas or anything. Just showed up at the clearing office and asked if I could do the degree and they said yeah.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I got into comp science with five B's at clearing. Didn't apply through ucas or anything. Just showed up at the clearing office and asked if I could do the degree and they said yeah.

I do wish more students would learn this - they want your money more than your grades!

btw, you must be way younger than I imagined you. Damn gaf and their avatars making people look maure. Can everyone under 25 just have a pokemon avatar and be done with it??

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm starting Software Engineering in September at Napier in Edinburgh. BBBC required and I got just that. I suck with exam pressure though.

omg! I studied software engineering at Edinburgh Napier between 05 and 09. That was the Java/Sun era with Barclay and Savage (lecturers. ask about them for a laugh) the second they left the school of computing adopted C# and embraced Microsoft. First and second is a piece of piss btw. Not a lot of exams. Just a lot of coursework. Third year is when the shit hits the fan so have fun in September! :)

Seanbob11

omg! I studied software engineering at Edinburgh Napier between 05 and 09. That was the Java/Sun era with Barclay and Savage (lecturers. ask about them for a laugh) the second they left the school of computing adopted C# and embraced Microsoft. First and second is a piece of piss btw. Not a lot of exams. Just a lot of coursework. Third year is when the shit hits the fan so have fun in September! :)

Wow! Did you enjoy your time there? I've been living in Edinburgh for a year with my girlfriend anyway so I know my way about the city! Did you end up getting a good job with you Degree?

SKINNER!

Banned
Wow! Did you enjoy your time there? I've been living in Edinburgh for a year with my girlfriend anyway so I know my way about the city! Did you end up getting a good job with you Degree?

Lecturers and fellow students were great! And I'm guessing you'll be at the Merchiston campus so you'll be spending a lot of time at the Jack Kilby Computing Centre. 2009 was a weird time when I graduated because I didn't think I would get a proper paying job so I went to do a masters degree. Found a decent job within 2 months after I completed it.

Currently staying up to watch the UFC with the lads. War Silva! War Ortiz!

Meadows

Banned
I envy you. I needed ABB, got AAC, and got rejected. Fucking Jeremies.

Can they even do that?

I applied for International Relations at Manchester (AAB) and got outright rejected at the UCAS stage (lol), I also applied for Sociology at Manchester as my first choice (ABB) but my grades weren't good enough (ABD) so I went for my insurance, York (BBC).

All worked out alright though!

I would advise you all to stay out of Bradford because it is quite literally a shithole

troof

Can they even do that?

Even if you get the points required, they can reject you if the precise grades don't match up. When you get your 'provisional acceptance' letter, they outright specify the grades they want in each subject, effectively covering their arse if they over-offer.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Blimey. I feel for you guys, I really do. I just count myself very lucky that I didn't have to go through any of this conditional offer stuff when I went to college back in the '70s - as I'm pretty certain that if I did I would have fouled it up horribly with all the extra pressure.

Good luck, the lot of you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I had to get into my course through clearing because UCAS fucked up and only released two of my four results. Didn't matter in the end since I got to go to a better uni as a result.

I don't think so. And if he was, he weren't sharing and that's not KentPaul at all (KentPaul is my new word for cool btw)

90ocn.gif

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahaha, oh fuck, what a time. I am getting some more sleep and post later. Back at home safe.

ZombieFred "Just doesn't give a fuck!"

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

We're sorry, you didn't pass our credit check so we can't take your order any further.

CANT GET THE S3

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I don't even watch tennis, but here I am; watching tennis.

Get this over with so I can get back to Skyrim. Man I could go for some mead after all the Skyrim i've been playing this weekend.

Seanbob11

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

We're sorry, you didn't pass our credit check so we can't take your order any further.

CANT GET THE S3

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wait don't you have a job? I'm just a student and I got a s3 on contract. What company did you apply for?

Chinner

Banned
who you trying with? t-mobile wouldn't let get a iphone 4s, but o2 let me but i just had to put a deposit down for 3 months.

Kentpaul

who you trying with? t-mobile wouldn't let get a iphone 4s, but o2 let me but i just had to put a deposit down for 3 months.

tried with the 3 website, (only network that offers true all you can eat data) then went to the The Carphone Warehouse and bought the same deal lol, got insurance also as you never know.

46 a month all you can eat data, 2000 minutes, unlimited texes pretty much.

Its going to be nice having the latest phone

I was going to go with the s2 then i noticed the s3 was pretty much the same price

any you guys got insurance ? I thought it would be a good idea.

Qasiel

I just got an iPhone 4S, thinking that O2 would sort me out with a deal considering I've been with them for 4 years (and been out of contract for 2 of those). They offered me unlimited minutes and texts with 1GB data a month, but wanted £100 for the handset.

Carphone Warehouse offered me the same deal, still on O2, with a free handset. It's amazing how much "customer loyalty" doesn't apply much these days.

Kentpaul

I just got an iPhone 4S, thinking that O2 would sort me out with a deal considering I've been with them for 4 years (and been out of contract for 2 of those). They offered me unlimited minutes and texts with 1GB data a month, but wanted £100 for the handset.

Carphone Warehouse offered me the same deal, still on O2, with a free handset. It's amazing how much "customer loyalty" doesn't apply much these days.

I had to pay 30 quid for the phone :( Not to bad though, I had to go with 3 because i could not live with 1 gig internet. Shit would ruin my working day if the internet on my phone decided to run out.

SKINNER!

Banned
It's amazing how much "customer loyalty" doesn't apply much these days.

Same could be said about customer service. The one good thing about the customer service in the US is that if they mess up they'll snap their own spines just to get you to come back into the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom