• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Checked my email to see if the phone was in the store.. credit check failed. I think its because the contact was over 40 quid..

This is pretty shitty :(

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Haven't posted in this thread for a while cause i can't fit a dave head into my avatar.

Anyway, CHEEZMO if you're looking at the Lumia 800 but are finding it too expensive, try looking for an LG Optimus7, it's another windows phone and the specs are almost the exact same and you can get one for around 150 pound sim free.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Does UK-GAF play any musical instruments?
Not at the moment. In the past I played recorder, piano and did singing. Probably should pick up something again. Basically got tired of playing the same song over and over when the song itself never interested me to begin with.

Haven't posted in this thread for a while cause i can't fit a dave head into my avatar.

I don't think Dave will appreciate being called a Hunt.

Kentpaul

Dude, I'm a complete and utter Hunt. I've made my peace with that fact.

My avatar is freaking me out every time I post. Reckon I'll redo it and put a little Hunt in the corner instead.

lol

got some good news guys,

We just want to update you on your recent order from us. The credit check went smoothly, so we'll be despatching your order very soon. We'll send an email to let you know when you can expect to receive it. If you're a Vodafone OneNet Express customer then make sure you get the start up

FTW, KENTPAULS GETTING THE S3 AFTER DAYS OF PAIN

one question guys, say i go over my minutes or 1gig internet, will i get a warning or will i just get billed like a motherfucker ?

daviyoung

Banned
Who let this fucking clown drive?

RzZdw.jpg

Kentpaul

Shut yer face, stop trying to frame me Kent.

Stop breaking the rules then man, You will bring the entire thread down! There will be account suicides left right and centre.

I don't find it fair that i changed my ways and you guys still act like this is the wild fucking west.

Next you guys will be speeding/jay walking/not paying tv licence.

lol

got some good news guys,

We just want to update you on your recent order from us. The credit check went smoothly, so we'll be despatching your order very soon. We'll send an email to let you know when you can expect to receive it. If you're a Vodafone OneNet Express customer then make sure you get the start up

FTW, KENTPAULS GETTING THE S3 AFTER DAYS OF PAIN

one question guys, say i go over my minutes or 1gig internet, will i get a warning or will i just get billed like a motherfucker ?

Congrats Kent, I'm happy for you!

When I get near my Internet limit I get a text from O2 warning me, then another one when I reach the limit. After that the Internet just gets super slow until my month starts again, I don't get billed any extra but I can choose to pay extra to top up my data if I want to.

daviyoung

Banned
No-one knows we exist. There has been a whole influx of jnrs and only like one got lost and stumbled in here. We're bad at advertising ourselves, we need a marketing department.

Lirlond

Reading about Kent's ordeal makes me loath to post this lol. Wandered into my t-mobile shop today since my contract was up. Left with 1000 extra minutes and a galaxy s3. For £5 a month cheaper than my old contract .

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Just relaxing at home and I get this message from Emily;

"Gareth, today I caught myself smiling for no reason, then I realized I was thinking of you! :) Can't wait to talk to you tomorrow. Have a good evening! "

My heart has sunken so much and my armour has been stripped bare. Damn I can't believe how this year has just turned around so much in a crazy fast rate after the crazy beginning of a year. Love struck right here <3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If there is one thing I like about GAF it is the lack of signatures.

--------------------------------------------

bgbwtetris.png

[thread=460373]
4jmcf.gif
[/thread]

Kentpaul

Reading about Kent's ordeal makes me loath to post this lol. Wandered into my t-mobile shop today since my contract was up. Left with 1000 extra minutes and a galaxy s3. For £5 a month cheaper than my old contract .

Nice one on the minutes, I finally got the S3. Well when it comes through my door.........

i got Price plan:
24 Month contract ,600 Mins ,Unltd texts ,1 GB data

Includes 2GB BT Openzone Wi-Fi access
£36.00
per month

Pretty shitty compared to the 3 deal i was getting but meh i just want the fucking phone now! Hope the weather improves so i can just set off some days and take some awesome photo's.. Whats with phones maxing out at 8mp these days i swear a phone i had years ago had 8mp.. Also got the insurance as you never know. (46 a month all together)

Congrats Kent, I'm happy for you!

When I get near my Internet limit I get a text from O2 warning me, then another one when I reach the limit. After that the Internet just gets super slow until my month starts again, I don't get billed any extra but I can choose to pay extra to top up my data if I want to.

Hopefully vodapone have something like this in place. Il just stick to not going on youtube/the neogaf.com high res pc screenshot thread when I'm using my 3g connection.

I'm pretty glad most bars have wifi now so i can browse to my hearts content on the weekends if I'm out.

CHEEZMO Don't get an LG phone lol i have always thought of LG phones as budget trash

Lirlond

Thats not a great contract Kent. I pay £33 a month for 2000 minutes, unlimited texts and internet and an s3. 24 months tho.

Unless you're watching videos on your phone, you don't ever need more than 1GB of data. I get 500mb, and I've never hit the limit. Admittedly I use Opera to compress pages, and wifi whenever I can.

Seanbob11

Thats not a great contract Kent. I pay £33 a month for 2000 minutes, unlimited texts and internet and an s3. 24 months tho.

Yeah it's not that good. I pay £34 for the same as you. Did you go with three too?

With who? Is it really unlimited internet or is there a 'fair use' policy?

Three are the only company that has true all you can eat data. All the others have fair usage policies.

Suairyu

Banned
Unless you're watching videos on your phone, you don't ever need more than 1GB of data. I get 500mb, and I've never hit the limit. Admittedly I use Opera to compress pages, and wifi whenever I can.
I went two months without internet because my berk of a flatmate torrented us out of an account.

That's two months relying on my mobile for internet.

1GB is not enough*.

And even if it was, that isn't the point. They really shouldn't be allowed to call it unlimited and I still don't know why the ASA lets them get away with it.

*Luckily, this was on the original iPhone contract when "unlimited" actually meant that.

I went two months without internet because my berk of a flatmate torrented us out of an account.

That's two months relying on my mobile for internet.

1GB is not enough*.

And even if it was, that isn't the point. They really shouldn't be allowed to call it unlimited and I still don't know why the ASA lets them get away with it.

*Luckily, this was on the original iPhone contract when "unlimited" actually meant that.

Yeah but that's different when you only have access to the internet via a phone. Most of the time people have wifi at home, work, etc.

TCRS

Banned
Guys what's your internet usage like? I installed a software to check my usage for a month, was hoping it'd be max 30 gigs. After 30 days: 108 Gb.. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom