• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
You got a per month budget or buying one for PAYG?

PAYG.

I was looking at the Lumia 800 but one of those for PAYG is 400 quid or some silly shit. I dont think smartphones are gonna be at good prices for PAYG. Might just find an old dumb phone at this rate.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm quite happy with the HTC Desire that I purchased back in 2009 (I don't do contracts) But that whole MS Mobile OS with the tiles looks intriguing. Shame its on a Nokia phone though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm quite happy with the HTC Desire that I purchased back in 2009 (I don't do contracts) But that whole MS Mobile OS with the tiles looks intriguing. Shame its on a Nokia phone though.

Still rocking the Desire, got mine in 2010. Contract runs out at the end of this year and I can upgrade from October. Keeping an eye on WP8, if only because developing on Windows Phone is so much easier than Android.

Seanbob11

tried with the 3 website, (only network that offers true all you can eat data) then went to the The Carphone Warehouse and bought the same deal lol, got insurance also as you never know.

46 a month all you can eat data, 2000 minutes, unlimited texes pretty much.

Its going to be nice having the latest phone

I was going to go with the s2 then i noticed the s3 was pretty much the same price

any you guys got insurance ? I thought it would be a good idea.

I think it's just your luck with them. I got the same as you from the three store for 34£ a month and free handset although I was told by the guy that the phone would start to cost money soon so maybe they've started charge for the phone too. The unlimited data is amazing. Well worth it.

Suairyu

Banned
Huh. Reading EviLore's travelog (Musha! You crude hoe-bean!). Do hostels usually have organised bar crawls like that?

Might have to plan some traveling if so...

Xun

Huh. Reading EviLore's travelog (Musha! You crude hoe-bean!). Do hostels usually have organised bar crawls like that?

Might have to plan some traveling if so...
In a few years I'm definitely going to save up and go traveling for a month or two if I can.

It'd be incredible.

SmokyDave

God help me, my cranium is shrinking and forcing my brain out of my ears.

Alternatively, I'm hungover. This is going to be a looooooong day.

Hope y'all are groovy. Meetup looked cool, shame about iPad theft and Jedeye bannage.

Meadows

Banned
Coming back to the UK today. I hear the weather has been suitably poor in the last month, so that makes me happy. I enjoy it when the weather is terrible back home and I'm basking in Taiwanese sunshine :).

Got a job interview 36 hours after I land so I better turnaround the jetlag quick.

P.S. I hate flying. Flights are KA 455 Kaohsiung-Hong Kong, CX255 Hong Kong-London if anybody's interested

I don't know why but I find the idea that someone in Basingstoke or something would be tracking my flight online quite comforting

God help me, my cranium is shrinking and forcing my brain out of my ears.

Alternatively, I'm hungover. This is going to be a looooooong day.

Hope y'all are groovy. Meetup looked cool, shame about iPad theft and Jedeye bannage.

iPad theft? Damn, what happened?

Poor weather? Fucking woeful more like :(

siddhu33

Coming back to the UK today. I hear the weather has been suitably poor in the last month, so that makes me happy. I enjoy it when the weather is terrible back home and I'm basking in Taiwanese sunshine :).

Got a job interview 36 hours after I land so I better turnaround the jetlag quick.

P.S. I hate flying. Flights are KA 455 Kaohsiung-Hong Kong, CX255 Hong Kong-London if anybody's interested

I don't know why but I find the idea that someone in Basingstoke or something would be tracking my flight online quite comforting

Know a guy who does regular plane-watching. Can tell you what plane it is from looking at it. It's really weird. He has a really good memory though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
damn the OT has been depressing lately... thank god the for the Jazz-Hop thread.

I have no idea how to respond to those depressing thread. Too much time on the Internets makes me want to look at the bright side of life and pun my way out of a paper bag.

Good thing I know when it's not appropriate to post a wisecrack.

Suairyu

Banned
At the London meetup, Bernbaum had his iPad nicked. He'd set it down on top of his bag whilst at the pub, went to get it again 2 minutes later and it was gone.
Man that's rough.

Then again, I can't imagine why anyone would bring an expensive iPad to a bar crawl.

Qasiel

Man that's rough.

Then again, I can't imagine why anyone would bring an expensive iPad to a bar crawl.

He'd just flown in from Tanzania and so had a bag full of stuff with him. It really sucks as he, Jedeye and myself were having a great chat about comics when it happened.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I will admit I took the bare minimum with me and after that incident I kept my bag very close.

And hardly any streetpasses. For shame.

Stubo

I will admit I took the bare minimum with me and after that incident I kept my bag very close.

And hardly any streetpasses. For shame.
I took what could fit in my pockets. Had my bag ready for crashing last time and didn't even go anywhere to sleep :/ Was glad to be able to squeeze through crowds easily this time.

As for your streetpasses I'm waiting for the XL man!

Meadows

Banned
Who takes an iPad to a pub and leaves it unattended?

Anyway, I'm in Hong Kong airport for 3 hours. Gonna get some bubble tea now.

Next to two pay phones and a PS3 stand. Groovy.

Next to a load of Americans. They travel in numbers apparently. They're talking such bollocks. Wat do?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could play the piano or the violin, the only two instruments I wish I had time to learn. I'll try those out at some point when I have more free time to kill.

The weather up here in Leicester has been pretty good today, what the fuck?

Haven't posted in this thread for a while cause i can't fit a dave head into my avatar.

Anyway, CHEEZMO if you're looking at the Lumia 800 but are finding it too expensive, try looking for an LG Optimus7, it's another windows phone and the specs are almost the exact same and you can get one for around 150 pound sim free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom