• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Some money from my failed attempt to buy the s3 the first time freed up in my bank account, managed to lift more cash, i know have 70 to play around with today. Drinking a bottle of bucky right now, heading down to falkirk then into glasgow after a pint soon!

WU TANG! SCOTTISH GAF REPORT IN

178773_324054667688872_257591324_o.jpg

READY TO ROCK YO

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
SCOTTISH GAF, INSERT BUCKFAST INTO BODYS AND ASSEMBLE TODAY IS OUR DAY TO MEET THE FUCK UP YO

mxgt

Banned
jesus christ yodel/hdnl are the worst couriers in history

apparently my item was delivered even though it wasn't, they don't respond to emails and when I try to call them the line is busy. wut.

what a bunch of tossers

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
212 Would be a great tune for GAF given recent events ;)

Bucky at 2 in the afternoon? You're a trooper, Kent.

SKINNER!

Banned
How far away are you stood?

lmao! granted that the majority of these students were foreign. I was speaking to an Irish girl at the post-graduation party who graduated with a biology degree. Dat accent....so good!

btw, if any uk-gaffers are in Aberdeen and want to meet up then give me a shout as I'll be here until Saturday morning.

EDIT: hey Kentpaul, have fun seeing da killa bees tonight!

daviyoung

Banned
lmao! granted that the majority of these students were foreign. I was speaking to an Irish girl at the post-graduation party who graduated with a biology degree. Dat accent....so good!

Ha sorry, didn't mean for it to sound so flippant. I haven't been to Ayrberrdeen since I was about, 10 and Quake had just come out. So obviously wasn't scoping out the talent then, just remember a lot of elderlies.

People who knock on the door trying to sell me stuff need to piss off

I only answer the door if I'm expecting someone/something. Usually a takeaway.

Who sells stuff door-to-door nowadays anyway? Except religionists and cowboy builders.

Xun

Looks like I'll soon have a freelance job.

The problem is the journey to the studio is an hour and a half away, and I'll have to learn new software (I lied and said I could use it, but I can't... yet).

Yay, I guess?

jesus christ yodel/hdnl are the worst couriers in history

apparently my item was delivered even though it wasn't, they don't respond to emails and when I try to call them the line is busy. wut.

what a bunch of *****

Edit that post now before it's too late!!!!

But yeah, Yodel are shit.

Chinner

Banned
Edit that post now before it's too late!!!!

But yeah, Yodel are shit.

a couple of posters used it last night to express anger at a specific user who (potentially) the new batman film. and they werent banned.

so according to the mods:

using it over anger at someone about a comic book film - acceptable
using it to discuss language, jokingly or within our own culture - BANNED.

Looks like I'll soon have a freelance job.

The problem is the journey to the studio is an hour and a half away, and I'll have to learn new software (I lied and said I could use it, but I can't... yet).

Yay, I guess?

Congrats, I guess?

You'll be fine. Most people lie about stuff they can do, you'll pick it up.

Was CHEEZMO the first to defect from the Hunt avatars?

Actually I believe that was Kentpaul.

Enjoy Wu Tang tonight Yo.

Oh and I completely forgot I promised this ages ago. This is for you, SmokyDave...

008.jpg

Where is everyone???

I'm going to Legoland today. So excited! Then out drinking in Camden tonight, last minute decision. They're usually the best ones, right?

Suairyu

Banned
I'm here, Musha. Going to go get breakfast.

Also, I hear that new Judge Dredd film is actually getting rave reviews. I'm happy.

daviyoung

Banned
I YAM DA LAAUUURRRR

I'm just glad that they got Judge Anderson's hair colour right, anything else is a bonus. No way in hell I'm paying to see it though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Where is everyone???

I'm going to Legoland today. So excited! Then out drinking in Camden tonight, last minute decision. They're usually the best ones, right?

Oh man Legoland, must have been like 14/15 years or something since I went there. So good.

Last minute nights are ALWAYS the best.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be celebrating with some teachers tonight at 9 at a bar in the city as it's the last day at school and then begining the summer term. I'll definitley be getting drunk tonight and seeing what happens. Shame I'm in over the summer term sorting out over 500 computers :lol:

Qasiel

I was supposed to go to a magic show tonight, but the organiser got the date wrong and it's actually next Friday instead. So, today will be spent studying and chilling out making a few playlists and maybe going to the cinema tonight. Can anyone recommend anything good that's currently out?

Mr. Sam

I was supposed to go to a magic show tonight, but the organiser got the date wrong and it's actually next Friday instead. So, today will be spent studying and chilling out making a few playlists and maybe going to the cinema tonight. Can anyone recommend anything good that's currently out?

Magic Mike, Killer Joe, The Angels' Share, Electrick Children.

Suairyu

Banned
Higher-up 1: I need you to do x asap. This is your number one priority.
Me: Gotcha!
Higher-up 2: You've got until the end of today to get y done, we're really pushing up against the dealine.
Me: Oh, er, okay...
Higher-up 3: Legal's on our ass, we've got to sort out the licensing situations yesterday. Do not go home until you've done z.
Me: *tears*
Random company I made orders with: Yeah sorry about that time-sensitive order you placed with us two weeks ago, it was cancelled because the computer fucked up. We can order it for you again! It'll still take 2 weeks though.
Higher-up 4: Where's that time-sensitive order?

Gonna get me a gun. Anyone who didn't buy me a snickers is dead.

Suairyu

Banned
I either have hundreds of bosses or no bosses. I technically have one line manager but I rarely actually answer to her. My job is to do whatever job the directors, producers and managers need me to do on whatever TV show I'm a part of at the time. Think of me like a runner, except I do real work rather than making tea and coffee.

My job title officially is 'Researcher' but the moments when I actually get to do some research (which also have their own deadlines...) are few and far between.

EVERYONE COME JOIN ME AND WORK IN TELEVISION!!

Higher-up 2: You've got until the end of today to get y done, we're really pushing up against the dealine.
Me: Does this take priority over the work given by Higher-up 1? I'll do my best to get both done by the end of today, but which should I focus on?
Higher-up 2: I'll talk to Higher-up 1 about this and get back to you within half an hour

etcetera

EDIT: Going to a friend's villa in France for a cheap holiday this weekend, woo!

Suairyu

Banned
They're actually all of equal priority and I'm the only one 'free' to do it. Like, they have hard-set, physical deadlines. And it needs to get done.

Checkit - one of my higher-ups left the office at 1:30am last night.

This career path seems stressful and busy right up until you land a super-cushy "I don't speak to middle-management, let alone entry-level" upper-management job.

CHEEZMO™;39821601 said:
Can I be your assistant when you make it big?
Only if you sign an agreement not to sue for sexual harrassment.

Lirlond

Good, regardless of if he did make the remarks it should have been sorted in private. Shouldn't have made such a huge spectacle about it..

Although I do find odd he was found not guilty when they have qualified lip readers proving what he said...

Suairyu

Banned
Good, regardless of if he did make the remarks it should have been sorted in private. Shouldn't have made such a huge spectacle about it..
Where did the alleged remarks take place? If on the pitch then it absolutely should be a full public spectacle to set an example of how this shit aint good.

If in private then yeah, keep it private (unless found guilty in which case tar and feather)

Me: Oh, er, okay...
Higher-up 3: Legal's on our ass, we've got to sort out the licensing situations yesterday. Do not go home until you've done z.
Me: *tears*
Random company I made orders with: Yeah sorry about that time-sensitive order you placed with us two weeks ago, it was cancelled because the computer fucked up. We can order it for you again! It'll still take 2 weeks though.
Higher-up 4: Where's that time-sensitive order?

Gonna get me a gun. Anyone who didn't buy me a snickers is dead.

Sucks dude.

You like Dane Cook, but not Chris Rock?

So I've been directed to this thread... didn't even know it existed!

Where do you live: Louth/Lincolnshire
Where are you from: Born in Boston, Lincolnshire
University: (Soon to be) Lincoln
Sports team of choice: Sheffield Wednesday...
Current political party of choice: Never really thought about it...
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Cob!
Favourite (current) UK TV show: QI? Maybe...
Oasis or Blur: Blur all the way.

Mr. Sam

Wednesday did well last season. Not quite as well as a certain team from South London, of course.

I still don't know where the fuck you're getting cob from. It's bread, not corn.

You're a good person.

It's the only right choice.

Wednesday did well last season. Not quite as well as a certain team from South London, of course.

I still don't know where the fuck you're getting cob from. It's bread, not corn.

Yeah, they did really well, was kinda proud. My brother's a big wednesday fan and he was particularly happy.

And cobs are superior to most if not all. You shutup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom