• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well since we are online I used this to my advantage and looked it up. Apparently it means "You Only Live Once". Hopefully I don't need to explain my #YOLT joke.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
CHEEZMO™;39840654 said:
Fine, no one else add me! I didn't even want you to add me anyway, b-bakas!!

I only have imbd cats and friends on my Facebook cha cha slide cha cha cha

Xun

You see my post on fb? They're playing Download highlights on Sky Arts.

Dude if you wanna come to Download with us next year you're more than Welcome!
Damn, wish I had Sky.

Also I shall let you know! I've always wanted to go to a festival, and Download seems decent enough.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The trick to Steam sales is to just not open Steam and seeing as we are GAFfers that is a pretty easy thing to do.

The trick to Steam sales is to just not open Steam and seeing as we are GAFfers that is a pretty easy thing to do.

Generally I'm incredibly tight when it comes to spending money, so Steam sales aren't usually too bad. They may have their hooks in me this time though. Bollocks.

COR BLIMEY IT'S THE SHPASHE MAREEN

That's tempting. But I'll pass. I'll wait for Christmas sales, when it may be cheaper and I'll hopefully have a new, proper PC.

Suairyu

Banned
Bought Tomb Raider Anniversary and Ass Creed Rev.

Only other item I'll be tempted by is Arma II and that Popcap collection.

edit - Scott Pilgrim boxset just arrived from the States. Aw yeah!

SKINNER!

Banned
edit - Scott Pilgrim boxset just arrived from the States. Aw yeah!

Nice! I think it comes with a free poster. Good read too. Did the publishers not say they were gonna release a full-colour version of all the volumes?

Watching Jeremy Kyle at the moment and forgot that he did a show in the US. Last night was great. Headed to a club called Snafu. Some famous DJ called Mr. C was there spinning the decks and hyping up the crowd. The club was quite arty and had this creepy black/white Russian propaganda silent movie playing on the tv screen in the sofa area next to the dancefloor. We spent a good hour providing audio commentary on it while waiting for Mr. C to come on. How was everyone's Friday night?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
As much as I'm tempted to ask one of you guys up in here to check if FM2012 is on sale and if you'll gift it to me (no FM on Steam in Asia) I know full well that FM2013 is just around the corner.

I've not played FM in about 3 years. The addiction never really goes away.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I buy games i want. I don't get scammed into buying because of sales/advertising

I'm skint till friday :(

Suairyu

Banned
Nice! I think it comes with a free poster. Good read too. Did the publishers not say they were gonna release a full-colour version of all the volumes?
They are, with updated art, but I'd like both versions. Some of the jokes are dependent on it being black and white, which will have to be changed.

Ordered the American version because the UK editions are godawful. Terrible covers, omit the colour intro of the fourth volume, generally not as high quality...

Watching Jeremy Kyle at the moment and forgot that he did a show in the US. Last night was great. Headed to a club called Snafu. Some famous DJ called Mr. C was there spinning the decks and hyping up the crowd. The club was quite arty and had this creepy black/white Russian propaganda silent movie playing on the tv screen in the sofa area next to the dancefloor. We spent a good hour minutes providing audio commentary on it while waiting for Mr. C to come on. How was everyone's Friday night?

Was supposed to go out, no one else wanted to go out, ended up staying in, ordering kebab, downing a bottle of wine then finding some weed my brother left here a while back, smoked it (without tobacco - gave up smoking a while back), everything after that was very strange and disconnected, possibly had a whitey but not sure as I can barely remember fuck all.

Good night.

As much as I'm tempted to ask one of you guys up in here to check if FM2012 is on sale and if you'll gift it to me (no FM on Steam in Asia) I know full well that FM2013 is just around the corner.

I've not played FM in about 3 years. The addiction never really goes away.

FM2012 is a fiver until 4pm, fyi

Suairyu

Banned
The beard grows longer still. Soon I'll have a Max Payne 3, I guess. Conditioning grows more important to keep its silky sheen.

In between ripping my Gamecube library to my Wii HDD, I'm playing Assassins Creed Revelations. It's just like all the others, with MINIMAL improvements. Best game ever, obviously.

Also the house now has mango chutney. Law and order has been re-established.

How is everyone else spending their Saturday afternoon when they're not sexting one another?

And this pleased me greatly when I read it:
"Conservative Party co-chairman Lady Warsi said Mr Miliband was using the event "to cosy up to his militant, left-wing union paymasters.""

How is everyone else spending their Saturday afternoon when they're not sexting one another?

How did you know about that???????????

Ok so I started watching Breaking Bad, seeing as everyone on this forum doesn't shut up about how awesome it is. Just done ep 6 of series 1, I'm enjoying it enough so far, but it's not blowing my socks off yet.

Also got roped into a demolition derby on Dirt Showdown and totally got smashed to pieces. Driving games so ain't my thing.

Chinner

Banned
anyone seen pyschoviles? my hosuemate and his girlfriend told me to watch it because they said it was good. i watched it and it was the most awful thing i've watched in awhile.

in other news, american tv is getting good again and depresses me about british telly. breaking bad, the walking dead, boardwalk empire, mad men etc.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

A glow in the dark cross? I can't believe it, but I'm finally part of the NIMBY brigade about something.

And as for this gemstone of a quote:

"They're meant for everyone not just for me."

Get the fuck out of here with this bull shit. This is all to do about her ego and justifying her believe in her Unassailable Argument of choice. "Oh everyone else is wrong, why aren't they like me? I've got to do something that will make people just like me prove that I'm the holiest person of them all!"

This is nothing more than me blaring Rammstein out of my house 24/7 on a big-ass sound system and then responding to anyone who complains about it by saying "Well I think Rammstein are the best band in the world, which means that everyone who doesn't think the same is wrong. Stop complaining and learn to enjoy the best music in the world. Some day Herr Lindemann will see how much of a fan I am and tell the entire world about how good I am!"

/vent

Suairyu

Banned
If it lights up she sure as fuck aint getting the permission.

She might but probably not have had a chance if it was just wooden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom