• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
haha I didn't grass him up. Guess he must have had the same IP/MAC as J and confirmed the suspicions.

I have little sympathy, his comments about travellers were exceptionally prejudiced and his use of the word "pikey" had no grey area about it. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. I've certainly been banned enough for the past few months to know that.

Suairyu: I'll be working on Ben & Jerry's stand once again on Saturday, so feel free to come over and say hello again. When are you seeing Batman?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At the risk of sounding Kentpaulian, people on GAF just take everything too seriously. Everything. Reading the OT section is always depressing.

Find the right threads (like this one) and you can avoid all that. One side of the coin you have people taking the issue of suicide very seriously, the other will use a gif of someone committing suicide as bail out image.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Going to the beach during school holidays is dangerous.

Am a looking at a sprightly looking twenty something, or a well developed 15 year old. NOBODY KNOWS.

High five

Meadows you dirty grass!!

I hope if i ever catch a ban you fella's don't call me out like Meadows does.

There's been some terrible juniors lately though.

Some of them piss me of with there straight edged first posts they fire in before pun veterans get in there.

Meadows

ha no.

Meadows
Grass

Make it happen mods

meadows is seriously hurty butt over london. Then again though i'm from bolton, it's in my genetics to think Mancs and Southerners are a bunch of tosspots. ;)

Except uncle dave, he can fuck my sister any time.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Then again though i'm from bolton, it's in my genetics to think Mancs and Southerners are a bunch of tosspots. ;)

Yay! Spent a lot of time in Bolton, and my Mum grew up in the shop on Morris Green. Wussses and tosspots the lot of 'em (except me - Welsh).

Wales is a favoured holiday spot of our family. Porthmadog has godly beaches in the summer.

If i had the money i'd buy my mum an house either there or cornwall.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Wales is a favoured holiday spot of our family. Porthmadog has godly beaches in the summer.

It would be Tenby for me. Or Saundersfoot and commute to Tenby. But my Mum would have gone for Llandudno like a shot given the chance.

Will get there one of these days.

Kentpaul

Blackpool for the weekend > going anywhere near Wales.

that said

Swansea > Rest of failes.

Qasiel

I want to get down to Cornwall at some point in the near future. Newquay and Perranporth have the best beaches I've ever seen, and I've wanted to move there for ages.

Kentpaul

scoth-lusk_1700620c.jpg

A scottish beach, back of UK gaf, you cant beat us scots when it comes to awesome views n shit, trust me.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
That's Luskentyre on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides. Rated as the UK's top beach by far and one of the top 10 in the world, yet most people don't realize it exists / it's in such a remote location that it's always so peaceful. Worth seeing.

SmokyDave

haha I didn't grass him up. Guess he must have had the same IP/MAC as J and confirmed the suspicions.

I have little sympathy, his comments about travellers were exceptionally prejudiced and his use of the word "pikey" had no grey area about it. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. I've certainly been banned enough for the past few months to know that.
Yes, it does have a grey area about it. Sorry, but it does. There's much discussion over whether contemporary usage is race or class based and there is no current concensus.

If I torture definitions enough I can claim to be mixed-race. Not only that, I can be racist against my sister, despite the fact that we share both parents. This shit is nothing but gray areas.

Meadows

ha no.

Meadows
Grass

Make it happen mods

More like

Meadows
Smug Grass

For the record, J wasn't racist. I use that word every day in real life. They're not a race. But let's not get back in to that argument.

Wales, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland all have beautiful beaches, make me wonder why everyone always goes abroad on holiday.

I want to get down to Cornwall at some point in the near future. Newquay and Perranporth have the best beaches I've ever seen, and I've wanted to move there for ages.

That's where we stopped last year, luckily it was the hottest part of the year as well so you can imagine the clear skies and turquoise water we had. I never knew England had beaches like that.

I'd love to move there, it'd be a completely different lifestyle.

SKINNER!

Banned
Disappointed that its cloudy and grey today. BBC Weather promised a whole day of sunshine :mad: Although, yesterday evening was quite sunny and I went for a 50 minute walk around the West End.

Weekend's looming. What's everyone up to?

Meadows

Banned
Actually I was calling out Kavanagh for the drama. I had no reason to want him banned, as much as he was being a knob.

PM List:
Zrc8V.png

So yeah, even though my name is Meadows, I'm not a grass. Heck, I have hay fever, which makes my name even more ironic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HA HA! Private messages!

Just went to see the torch with a few work colleges. How's this for bad luck? Took a photo of the torch when the flame wasn't visible.

Just saw the torch!

I missed it in Walthamstow on Saturday evening, so had another look at the route on Monday and saw it would be going practically past my work this morning. Cleared it with the boss that a few of us could go down.

So this morning when I get in to work about 8:30, there was no one about. Result! I thought, should be easy to get a good view.

We all headed down about 9:30, and the streets were rammed. I guess everyone had the same idea as us. My colleagues got left behind, but luckily my expansive experience of fighting my way to the front at rock/metal gigs came in handy, the city workers blocking my way didn't provide much of a challange. Got about 3 rows from the front before we were packed in too tightly for me to move any further, and managed to not only see the torch, but get a couple of pics too.

The atmosphere was brilliant, everyone was in a happy, excited mood, and there was not a single ounce of negativity to be found. Totally worth it.

HA HA! Private messages!

Just went to see the torch with a few work colleges. How's this for bad luck? Took a photo of the torch when the flame wasn't visible.

You work near me?

Find the right threads (like this one) and you can avoid all that. One side of the coin you have people taking the issue of suicide very seriously, the other will use a gif of someone committing suicide as bail out image.

I guess you're right, and - in a perverse way - it makes threads like these stand out as even more enjoyable.

Yes, it does have a grey area about it. Sorry, but it does. There's much discussion over whether contemporary usage is race or class based and there is no current concensus.

If I torture definitions enough I can claim to be mixed-race. Not only that, I can be racist against my sister, despite the fact that we share both parents. This shit is nothing but gray areas.

For the record, J wasn't racist. I use that word every day in real life. They're not a race. But let's not get back in to that argument.

Agree with you guys 100%, but as you say, not worth getting into again.

What's with the COOLIO avatars? New Jeremy?

Edit: nevermind, it's the lamest reason ever

What is the reason?

Actually I was calling out Kavanagh for the drama. I had no reason to want him banned, as much as he was being a knob.

So yeah, even though my name is Meadows, I'm not a grass. Heck, I have hay fever, which makes my name even more ironic.

While I'm not sure a PM list proves anything (is there not this handy feature called delete? And if not, is your sent items not the relevant bit?) I don't actually think you grassed. I think we're being monitored now by mods, somebody saw the initial discussion, looked into it, and found something that proved it. For that, I apologise to Kavanagh.

Meadows

Banned
For that, I apologise to Kavanagh.

not really, it turned out that it was J Tourettes (I presume), and that he was using an alt, which is clearly listed as a bannable offence. The mods can cross check users' IP addresses and they must have had the same one.

This might mean that J is permabanned now btw. I think you get perma'd if you use an alt while banned.

edit: In fact, looking through Kavnagh's post history, he wasn't being very subtle about it. Why would he bother if he only had a 3 month ban though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom