• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

fightfightfightfightfight

I predict Kav and Meadows will be cleaning up grazes in the toilets soon while the PE teacher lectures them on fighting and makes them shake hands, then the adrenaline dump will kick in and they will become bff.

Kavanagh

Banned
On the one hand, I like Meadows and have argued with Kavanagh before. On the other hand, Kavanagh is right. Hm.

AG00360_.GIF

Argued is a tad strong. Merely a debate over the merits of the police that made this thread go far too serious for half a page :lol

Meadows

Banned
Meadows, are you and Chinner's best friend both planning to work in Manchester for the foreseeable future? Would a move to London ever be on the cards?

yes and no

I'd rather move abroad than London. Can't stand the place.

and I posted in here because I don't want to shit up the OT thread any more, but thought that I would like to point out how magnificently self-loving it is to post "don't hate the game, hate the player"

Kavanagh

Banned
yes and no

I'd rather move abroad than London. Can't stand the place.

and I posted in here because I don't want to shit up the OT thread any more, but thought that I would like to point out how magnificently self-loving it is to post "don't hate the game, hate the player"

I'd like to point out that my tongue was placed firmly in my cheek when I said that. What self respecting British person would ever say that with a straight face?

You need to relax, I didn't know you had a history of extreme London hatred otherwise I would never have stirred the pot. Did you try and move here one time but found you'd never be able to afford it and/or cut it?

Meadows

Banned
I'd like to point out that my tongue was placed firmly in my cheek when I said that. What self respecting British person would ever say that with a straight face?

You need to relax, I didn't know you had a history of extreme London hatred otherwise I would never have stirred the pot. Did you try and move here one time but found you'd never be able to afford it and/or cut it?

Kavanagh is a J Tourettes alt.

I'm calling it.

I really think it's him.

Meadows

Banned
He's definitely an alt, but I haven't been able to work out who - is that a phrase J Tourettes used to use a lot?

yeah, he always said "not everyone can cut it around here", and his sudden, large amount of posting in UK-GAF, appearing familiar with posters here, is curious.

he got permabanned a couple of months back for using racist language against Travellers.

yeah, he always said "not everyone can cut it around here", and his sudden, large amount of posting in UK-GAF, appearing familiar with posters here, is curious.

he got permabanned a couple of months back for using racist language against Travellers.

It's that basically, right from the very beginning. Oh, the intrigue!

EDIT: I really dislike the term "Travellers", but I'm leaving that can of worms firmly closed.

SmokyDave

Wait, he got a perma-ban for saying 'Pikey'?!

Fucks sake, that's crazy. It's not even commonly accepted as an ethnic slur, it's a class-based insult.

I swear, we need to hold a swearing masterclass 'round here.

Let's refer to this guy as J from now on!
No, let's not. J was a good poster and Kavanagh is a good poster. Besides, as I'm sure K will firmly insist, they're not the same person.

Haha, in his defence he could have lurked for two years, but he has the familiarity of someone who has been participating for ages. Who cares, I liked J Tourettes, so let's just hope it is him.

Mr. Sam

London is lovely if you know which parts to go to and which to avoid. It's like one of those poisonous blowfish where the bits that won't kill you are really tasty.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Thing is, the Church doesn't have the power to marry couples. It's just a ceremony and you still have to go to the register office for it to be official. In Sweden the Church did have that power but Government threatened to take it away if the Church refused to accept gay marriage.

The church certainly does have the power to marry couples, or at least, some churches do. Specifically the Church of England, the Church in Wales, Quakers and Jews. All others fall under government authorisation of places and ministers, but these four do not.

Meadows

Banned
He got banned for about three months. Source, J himself.

ah, thought racist language was a perma

and if I remember his post did come across as being quite prejudiced. We may have views but we have to be measured in what we say and his post crossed the line.

SmokyDave said:
It's not even commonly accepted as an ethnic slur, it's a class-based insult.

the way in which he used it was calling them "pikeys" instead of "travellers" or "gypsies" so it definitely wasn't class-based

Wow, I go in to a meeting for an hour and I miss all the fun!

I don't think J Tourettes was perma banned, I'm sure at the last meet up he said he didn't have long left on the ban. And I absolutely do not think he is Kavanagh at all, they are way too different. I mean J Tourettes would never wind Meadows up like that.

Meadows

Banned
anyway, I will withdraw my accusation as I don't hugely dislike J and if it is him then I want him to be able to post.

plus Kavanagh handily represents the aspects of London that I hate the most in one little package which kind of consolidates my hatred in a nice, easy to manage package.

Suairyu

Banned
Wait, he got a perma-ban for saying 'Pikey'?!

Fucks sake, that's crazy. It's not even commonly accepted as an ethnic slur, it's a class-based insult.
Yes, but when using it directly in relation to travellers, you don't have a lot of room to argue "class, not race! Honest!"

Kavanagh

Banned
anyway, I will withdraw my accusation as I don't hugely dislike J and if it is him then I want him to be able to post.

plus Kavanagh handily represents the aspects of London that I hate the most in one little package which kind of consolidates my hatred in a nice, easy to manage package.
I appreciate the retraction. I shouldn't be winding up fellow Brits so you have my apologies.

3Sixty

Going to the beach during school holidays is dangerous.

Am a looking at a sprightly looking twenty something, or a well developed 15 year old. NOBODY KNOWS.

Going to the beach during school holidays is dangerous.

Am a looking at a sprightly looking twenty something, or a well developed 15 year old. NOBODY KNOWS.

Obviously can't really do this on the beach, but making a joke about your embarrassing drivers license / student ID photo, showing it to her, and then seeing hers is a pretty sneaky totally innocent way of solving this conundrum!

So Kavanagh's banned. What did he do?

Oh shit, did Meadows grass on him? If you're reading this J / Kavanagh, it wasn't me guv'nor, us Londoners have to stick together.

Also, loath as I am to bring this up again, how the fuck are "bitch" and "cunt" gender slurs when "dick" and "prick" aren't?! Another big shitstorm is on the horizon in the Kristen Stewart topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom