• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hope it keeps up. Let's just check the weather for tomorrow.

HsvxQ.jpg

Well I guess that's that.

Meadows

Banned
I cannot believe the weather we're getting this last week or so. Glorious.

Everything is better in the sunshine.

It is amazing but my hay fever has been shockingly bad the past few days (especially Sunday).

On another note, I got to shake Greg Dyke's hand a few weeks ago, that was great. He's my University's chancellor and was leading my graduation ceremony. His speech was amazing too, he comes across as an amazing intellectual.

Meadows

Banned
J Tourettes really shouldn't have been banned in the first place.

It's completely pathetic.

what's more stupid is that he even bothered to make an alt.

If, as people have said, he was banned for 3 months, why not just take the ban? I've been banned for 2.5 months before and it kind of sucks (especially when blahblah...blah is slagging you off and you can't respond ;)) but it's not worth making an alt, especially one that's blatantly obviously you.

Juicy Bob

I love how they've shipped in sand into Old Market Square so all the kids with tight parents can enjoy a beach experience without mum and dad actually taking them to the beach.

If, as people have said, he was banned for 3 months, why not just take the ban? I've been banned for 2.5 months before and it kind of sucks (especially when blahblah...blah is slagging you off and you can't respond ;)) but it's not worth making an alt, especially one that's blatantly obviously you.

Unless he wanted to get perma'd.

Bleepey

Samantha Brick is trending. It seems she suggested on This Morning that all Down Syndrome babies should be aborted. Having a Downs Syndrome child is selfish and puts strain on public services, according to her.

And from a Daily Mail writer as well. You'd think she'd be prolife.

SmokyDave

I love how they've shipped in sand into Old Market Square so all the kids with tight parents can enjoy a beach experience without mum and dad actually taking them to the beach.

Oh shit, The Nottingham Riviera is back!

That's it then, time to knot a hanky on my head, take my shirt off and get some beers down me whilst grubby children run around screaming.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiit, he holds a grudge :D

By the way, was I right about that?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is Meadow's still assuming this is J's alt? Considering he was banned for three months and the time it usually takes to have an account activated he'd have to be very lucky to get in now or made the account well in advance of getting banned.

Is Meadow's still assuming this is J's alt? Considering he was banned for three months and the time it usually takes to have an account activated he'd have to be very lucky to get in now or made the account well in advance of getting banned.

His first post was that he was activated in a matter of days/weeks, if I remember correctly. Something must have been wrong for him to have been banned - it's a shame, he was more aggressive than I remember J Tourettes, and that got him called out by The Grass!

Meadows

Banned

his first post said "only had to wait a week for activation" or something along those lines

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
his first post said "only had to wait a week for activation" or something along those lines

So out of the blue he decided to make an alt and with luck got it activated in a week. I really doubt this is the case because it would have been rather likely that his ban would be over by the time this alt would get in making the whole exercise rather pointless.

And the Jeremy Hunt avatars are our way of celebrating the Olympics.

Meadows

Banned
So out of the blue he decided to make an alt and with luck got it activated in a week. I really doubt this is the case because it would have been rather likely that his ban would be over by the time this alt would get in making the whole exercise rather pointless.

there's also the fact that Kavanagh got banned for no apparent reason, and that he posted in exactly the same threads as J and came from the exact same part of London as J and started talking about how only certain people could "cut it" in London, one of J's favourite phrases.

The mods will have cross checked the IPs that they posted from and found them to be the same and subsequently given both J and Kavanagh permabans. (Kavanagh is defs permabanned, most bans for juniors are permas, and I think J's will have been perma'd too because making an alt is punishable by a perma)

It is really frustrating as since Sunday (which was awesome) the weather has been really hot and humid here, but the sun isn't breaking through this thin patchy layer of cloud. Meanwhile the rest of the country has turned into Spain.

Meadows

Banned
And make sure you look out your windows for any suspicious-looking Pizza Hut delivery drivers.

Myself and the League of Suspicious Looking Pizza Hut Delivery Drivers (LSLPHDD) would like to declare our outrage at industrian's vague and prejudiced comments.

Anyway @SmokyDave, that could be the case, I hadn't seen that post. Hopefully that was the reason because I actually like J Tourettes and enjoy our London/Manchester bouts. Kavanagh is perma'd no matter what though, if you get banned in your first 200 posts you're perma'd.

And again, I didn't rat J out, I didn't follow it up in any way and if a mod could clear up the situation I'd appreciate it.

Lirlond

Oh man. Work is honestly dead today. Im just reading the register. No phone calls all morning. Anyone need a job in construction?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm wondering if Kavanagh was banned for this post, rather than being an (alleged) alt.

I had no idea Kavanagh was so feisty.

It could be a mix of his thug behaviour and meadows grassing on him.

The discussion at the league of mods table must have been like this..

240px-BANHAMMER.png

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I just bought some piri piri sauce to go on my boring salad. Not sure how this is going to turn out...

Mayo is the only sauce worth having with anything. Salads are also boring unless there between a bun and resting on a burger patty..

It's just stuff thrown together at home, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, turkey. It was a little bland yesterday so I went to Sainsburys to get some balsamic vinegar but they didn't have any. All of the salad dressings were too high in cal, the only thing pretty low was the piri piri. It is Nando's, the hot one.

It's actually quite nice. Certainly less boring. Maybe a little too hot for lunchtime though...

daviyoung

Banned
Nando's bottles are a massive rip-off unless you steal the big ones from a restaurant. I guess the choice around your neck of the woods in a Sainsbury's Local is slim pickings as far as hot sauces go. Lettuce dripping with peri-peri is a grim thought, but the rest sounds awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom