• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
So anyway, shall we briefly mention that Cameron has briefly become Prime Playa Supreme? In my books, he gets amnesty from all criticism for this one day.

CHEEZMO™;40308075 said:
£8.50 for fish n chips at the Olympic park.
I bet it won't even be decent fish and chips, either.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;40308075 said:
£8.50 for fish n chips at the Olympic park.

Almost like being at the pictures. Almost.

What the fuck is that shit. You're being mugged.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair that's a saving on the average London price for food!

When I return to Kent at some point in the next one-two years it's made glad I don't want to live in London with those silly prices. I'd rather commute to London than live there if I potentially work there in the future.

So this is the first time I come in here, and as I'm scrolling down I see "gaming bar" flash past. And as I scroll back up I think "Huh, I wonder if they're talking about Kyoto Lounge OH SHIT THEY ARE".

So yeah. 'sup.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Finally saw Batman tonight so now I'm free of the worry of spoilers.

So fucking good.. I'm going to watch bb tonight maybe who knows.

Starting a new season of nurse Jackie to.. Awesome entertainment ahead for me.

I am so sick and tired of seeing 'Kate & William'. So sick of it. They are just born into so much privilege and wealth and if that wasn't enough they appear to have some sort of arrangement to get constant media exposure. Why are there with the fucking Olympic torch? They aren't arsed about it with their fake smiles, and neither are we. Go home, play some tennis or go fishing; stop behaving like the fucking gatekeepers to the country. People who bow to them, dress up and line up to catch a glimpse of them infuriate me.

Yen

I am so sick and tired of seeing 'Kate & William'. So sick of it. They are just born into so much privilege and wealth and if that wasn't enough they appear to have some sort of arrangement to get constant media exposure. Why are there with the fucking Olympic torch? They aren't arsed about it with their fake smiles, and neither are we. Go home, play some tennis or go fishing; stop behaving like the fucking gatekeepers to the country. People who bow to them, dress up and line up to catch a glimpse of them infuriate me.

So you're saying you want them dead?

SKINNER!

Banned
So anyway, shall we briefly mention that Cameron has briefly become Prime Playa Supreme? In my books, he gets amnesty from all criticism for this one day.

I bet it won't even be decent fish and chips, either.

It never is
It never...fucking...is :(

b-b-but the royal family is good for tourism! We need the money from gullible yanks that come to the UK for a holiday.

hmm, I wonder if the term "yank" is bannable.

Kate was not born into privilege.

I am so sick and tired of seeing 'Kate & William'. So sick of it. They are just born into so much privilege and wealth and if that wasn't enough they appear to have some sort of arrangement to get constant media exposure. Why are there with the fucking Olympic torch?

Hey, if Will.U.Please.Fuck.Off.I.Am can carry the torch, they can at least stand near it

f0rk

Your opinions aren't representative of the majority of the country.

And stop pretending like you want to be British Will.U.Get.A.Name.That.Doesn't.Come.Up.As.A.URL.On.Twitter.Hashtag.Dope, we all know it's not true.

SKINNER!

Banned
Only if you're using it to describe a vagina. You're not, are you?

ovgT2.gif

Only if you're using it to describe a vagina. You're not, are you?

Didn't she attend an independent school?

high-earning parents + independent private schools = born into privilege.

Please give me a link to this video, it's an amazing reaction.

Also, I'm getting really wound up by this High Court doubting Yank in the Apple thread.

You're telling me. That one American dude is definitely an Apple shill. No person of sound mind would defend a corporation like that without being paid.

You're telling me. That one American dude is definitely an Apple shill. No person of sound mind would defend a corporation like that without being paid.

To be fair, I'm pretty much on his and Apple's side with regards to the punishment being a bit silly. We just disagree over whether it could be feasibly upheld.

To be fair, I'm pretty much on his and Apple's side with regards to the punishment being a bit silly. We just disagree over whether it could be feasibly upheld.

The judgement is fair, the judge said that Samsung didn't copy the iPad, and then Apple released a really salty statement that said Samsung did in fact copy the iPad and the court's decision was a pile of shit. It was asking for trouble really and it is a pretty clear cut contempt of court case.

SteveWD40

I made an account bet on Sherdog that Dan Hardy would make it out of the first round with GSP at UFC 111 (he went all 5), the guy never left and no one banned him...some people aint got no class.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Will.dot.the.i.and.cross.the.t.am would die on the spot if he saw what I had done to my MacBook.

Don't really know much about him but reading that he was just busy tweeting while carry the torch was rather tasteless. Especially as those who don't look where they are going are quite the pain in the arse.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Finally saw Batman tonight so now I'm free of the worry of spoilers.

I'm going to see it tonight.

I wanted to see it on IMAX, but the only available tickets are across town at 1am on Sunday morning, and for a movie that's almost three hours long that's a hard sell - even for Batman.

Suairyu

Banned
Half day at work, then catching a coach to Bristol.

I love half days. You don't have to pace yourself, so you can work at 100% capacity and achieve your best work ever, then just get to chill out for the rest of the day.

Qasiel

Just about to go to bed and try and get some sleep, even though my 1yr old niece is over today. Luckily a combination of Rockabyes (rock songs performed like a kids musical box (trust me, these things are great)) and silicone earplugs I got from shooting should keep any screams, giggles and wordless exclamations at bay.

Then it's up again for more work starting at 8pm.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Happy Friday UK Gaf!

Looking forward to going out tonight for a friend's birthday.

What's everyone else up to?

Working all weekend, Monday will be my "Friday" Dodgy sleeping pattern means i missed my bus to the gym.

Now i feel like a lazy slob like the 99% of the UK pop who don't use gyms.

I'm tired of unhealthy people walking the streets like zombies, we need to issue these people with mandatory by law gym memberships and a schedule/officers looking over them to make sure they work out and give them selfs a longer happy life.

Instead of laying on a hospital bed with double chins and a grey face at age 45.. I just want my country to be awesome like norway n shit.

Health yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom