• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Falmouth...and no idea yet :D

If you want to go exploring and see a lot then hire a car for the weekend. If you drive down you can pop in the Eden Project on the way. It's a bit further on from Falmouth but I personally love Penzance, you have the Minack Theatre, St Michael's Mount, Trengwainton Gardens, and just a bit further round the corner (go through Newlyn and Mousehole if you can) Land's End, which is cheezy but i like it. Go back through Sennen (beach there is amazing).

Or on the North coast at the bottom you have St Ives, which has a fantastic bird sanctuary called Paradise Park, I loved it there as a kid. There's also some fairly good museums and gallerys. Then back up the coast you have St Agnes which is very quaint, Perrenporth and Newquay which have excellent surf. There's loads more attractions further north as well.

Alternatively if you go down by train there is plenty in Falmouth, Pendennis Castle, the National Maritime Museum, Trebah Gardens, Glendurgan Gardens etc.

Suairyu

Banned
My most anticipated movie of the year was Prometheus, but the nearest 2D screening was 35 miles away, so I like to think of it as karma that it flopped.
Why would you want to see it in 2D? Eye condition?

I say that as someone who thinks 3D is a load of bollocks.

But Ridley Scott. Ridley. Scott.

3D looked completely natural, like how you see the world every day. I've never seen anything like it in cinema before.

Yen

Why would you want to see it in 2D? Eye condition?

I say that as someone who thinks 3D is a load of bollocks.

But Ridley Scott. Ridley. Scott.

3D looked completely natural, like how you see the world every day. I've never seen anything like it in cinema before.

Yup. -24, -32. Right eye has a squint/lazy/doesn't work. Bit pissed off at not being able to get to a 2D screening, and this was common going by interviews, Kermode blog posts I've seen. Paramount deliberately put out very few 2D screenings.

Chili

But they've got a long way to go before they achieve a 16 loss streak. Can't wait until the season starts!!

Are you going to this year's wembley game? I would've if the Rams weren't playing. uugh.

Tardy reply: Nah, I'm not planning on going yet but no doubt if there are still tickets available during the season I'll probably get swept in to the hype and go.

GJS

If it wasn't Daley (or some other well known person) you know he most likely wouldn't have been arrested.

The police should stay out of it, unless they are going to increase the number of arrests for general public vs general public abuse on social networks.

Suairyu

Banned
If it wasn't Daley (or some other well known person) you know he most likely wouldn't have been arrested.

The police should stay out of it, unless they are going to increase the number of arrests for general public vs general public abuse on social networks.
Read the rest of his posts. He crosses the line quite badly.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I heard that the guy had been arrested on the news and thought that was a bit much. Hadn't actually seen the tweets though.

Now I'm not too fussed.

GJS

Read the rest of his posts. He crosses the line quite badly.

I read all of his posts before I posted.

The guy was a twat but it doesn't matter how far over the line he goes in this context.

If he had been abusing another twitter member with less of a following and media presence, it is highly likely the police would have done nothing, as they wouldn't have seen it plastered everywhere in the first place.

If you went down to the station to report it, they probably wouldn't even take a statement once they hear that you were insulted and threatened online by a random person with no connection to you who you do not know, in a one off event. You would maybe get a different response if there was a regimen of repeated abuse and threats over a prolonged period of time, not just a couple of hours.

I read all of his posts before I posted.

The guy was a twat but it doesn't matter how far over the line he goes in this context.

If he had been abusing another twitter member with less of a following and media presence, it is highly likely the police would have done nothing, as they wouldn't have seen it plastered everywhere in the first place.

If you went down to the station to report it, they probably wouldn't even take a statement once they hear that you were insulted and threatened online by a random person with no connection to you who you do not know, in a one off event. You would maybe get a different response if there was a regimen of repeated abuse and threats over a prolonged period of time, not just a couple of hours.

I'm tempted to agree that the police response would be less severe, but I actually think there's enough of a precedent established in the UK now that the police would still probably pay the 'abuser' a visit in person. Ultimately, it's starting to be considered alongside verbal abuse in person in the eyes of the law - whether that's right or wrong is a different discussion.

So I've been stuck with stupid brown hair since I dyed it last December and it didn't wash out (was supposed to be semi-permanent) thinking in just going to have to grow it out. I have long hair, that would've taken a while.

A friend of mine recommended a product called ColourB4 which strips colour out without damaging your hair. I was a little dubious, as I'd tried having my hair stripped when I dyed it black in my youth, and it didn't work at all.

Well, I've just given it a go, and it's bloody worked brilliantly! All the brown, all the red I'd dyed over the top, everything has gone, it's just my natural hair colour, which I'd not seen in so long I couldn't exactly remember what it looked like! Awesome stuff guys.

The guy in the video daviyoung posted isn't the massive Jeremy that got arrested, but he is wearing a shocking t-shirt. Please tell me you don't own a tuxedo t-shirt :(

Lirlond

So I've been stuck with stupid brown hair since I dyed it last December and it didn't wash out (was supposed to be semi-permanent) thinking in just going to have to grow it out. I have long hair, that would've taken a while.

A friend of mine recommended a product called ColourB4 which strips colour out without damaging your hair. I was a little dubious, as I'd tried having my hair stripped when I dyed it black in my youth, and it didn't work at all.

Well, I've just given it a go, and it's bloody worked brilliantly! All the brown, all the red I'd dyed over the top, everything has gone, it's just my natural hair colour, which I'd not seen in so long I couldn't exactly remember what it looked like! Awesome stuff guys.

WHOAH

You're ginger?! And its the nice sort of copper ginger and not horrible fanta ginger.

Yes you would Cheez

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I dont plan on it. Wouldnt even think about it with my current hairstyle anyway.

I want to reinvent myself but I know I'd never do it :(

Qasiel

I miss the red Mohawk I used to have sometimes, now that I've grown my hair long. It's all coming off soon though, as I'm going for a blue Mohawk for my mate's wedding (blue is the theme)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The guy in the video daviyoung posted isn't the massive Jeremy that got arrested, but he is wearing a shocking t-shirt. Please tell me you don't own a tuxedo t-shirt :(

It was a present from years ago and I was in a hurry this morning and it happened to be the first tshirt in the drawer. Saying that it is one of the few shirts that I've received compliments for. Maybe I pull it off better. For one I'm not posting terrible YouTube videos.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
800px-Crane_Fly_-_%28Tipula%29.jpg

Daddy long legs in my room FUUUUUUUU.. I'm building a SHAFT to HELL in terraria tonight

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
CHEEZMO pull a 2001 Eminem look.

Anything to over the top you will look like a hipsterCHEEZMO™

Rebuilding my entire house on terraria, Bottom tunnels re built.

2012_08_01_00001.jpg

Dat foundation.. Fuck this game is so good! Going to make the fucking perfect house before i go deep underground and get supply's to make weapons then roam the land.. that's HOURS away yet.

THIS IS A HUGE BUILDING PROJECT

30 minutes later..

2012_08_01_00002.jpg

THE GREAT HALL OF KENTPAULIN UNDER CONSTRUCTION FTW. im dedicating my life to this game

Royal Mail are a shambles of a company. My postman has the god damn cheek to put a sorry you were out card through my letter box, when he didn't even ring or knock on the door to check I was in first. He didn't give me an item code, so I have to make my way to the post office at my fucking expense. Half tempted to make a formal complaint.

My jimmies are utterly rustled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom