• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Hated this game at first.. now im digging it.

my base under construction, Things are easer now i got some stuff to make torches during the day, Il build at night and hunt in the morning, also got cavern to the underworld is also underway

2012_07_30_00004.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
Just had a date. It went well. Wants me to shave the beard, though. I thought it was getting long anyway, but I'll be sad to see it go.

Mr. Sam

Don't shave it. Establish your dominance early. I like to think of relationships as boxing matches, hence all the convictions for assault.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hated this game at first.. now im digging it.

my base under construction, Things are easer now i got some stuff to make torches during the day, Il build at night and hunt in the morning, also got cavern to the underworld is also underway

2012_07_30_00004.jpg

;)

A mate bought a bunch of uf copies during the sale. Had so much fun.

Chinner

Banned
can someone explain to me the exact definition of concessions when it comes to train fares? i always buy them and seemingly get away with it, but its basically for kids/the elderly isnt it? or is it chill for uni students?

I didn't know where else to post this, but this is only applicable to the UK, so I thought this might go here.

I'm subscribed to ImagineFX magazine, and while reading the latest issue, a scratch-off card of The 1 Million Cash Card falls out. Since I live in the US, I didnt care much. But I've got three matching Top Hats:

vVlpu.jpg

I have no idea what to do now, or even if this is worth anything at all since I don't know the exact details. It says that it's UK only, over 18, and that the closing date is 31.12.12

Suairyu

Banned
I want you to think very carefully about the following question:

Why would a company give you a £1million scratch card for free in a magazine?

daviyoung

Banned
I want you to think very carefully about the following question:

Why would a company give you a £1million scratch card for free in a magazine?

Because the prizes you actually win are terrible, like jewellery or 'a plane ticket' or a mobile phone with an extortionate contract or some other prize that they're able to make money from. You'll spend 2 hours on the phone trying to claim your crappy prize, which is 2 hours of money in the bank with your name and number now belonging to numerous advertising companies. Thank you, come again.

Aaarrrgggghhh bloody central line suspended. Buses all full and not stopping. Had to walk to the nearest overground, luckily only 1.3 miles away, I probably got there quicker than the bus. Made it in time for the train to Liverpool St. Which is now completely rammed, lovely. And it's not even anything to do with the Olympics! Just a fire at Leyton. Brilliant.

Because the prizes you actually win are terrible, like jewellery or 'a plane ticket' or a mobile phone with an extortionate contract or some other prize that they're able to make money from. You'll spend 2 hours on the phone trying to claim your crappy prize, which is 2 hours of money in the bank with your name and number now belonging to numerous advertising companies. Thank you, come again.

Thought as much. Thanks!

Kentpaul

welp driving instructor has told me to book my test next week for a months time..

Shit just got real..

Booking up for Amsterdam around that time to, Il need to get my test done before amterdam cause after it my brain will be fucked for a few weeks because of TEH WEED/other drugs..

Away for a jog gaf, I want in prime shape for the gaf meet up

SteveWD40

What is every ones thoughts on the seats being empty?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...and-soldiers/2012/07/29/gJQA6YVBJX_story.html

I noticed it the first day...wondering why I didn't get tickets to events I applied for yet there was so many empty seats....

Same as ever, the IOC allocate thousands of tickets to big corporate ball washers as part of their sponsorship deals, then said corporates don't bother with the events but rather do all the partys etc...

Kentpaul

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Same as ever, the IOC allocate thousands of tickets to big corporate ball washers as part of their sponsorship deals, then said corporates don't bother with the events but rather do all the partys etc...

You couldn't pay me to watch (arguably) the majority of events in the Olympics. Sub-par football, sub-par boxing, sub-par pretty much every sport (if said sport has a profitable professional presence.) That and... BMX biking? Why in the fuck is this in the Olympics?

It'd be like if Dana White said to me "Yo industrian. Here's a free VIP ticket to see the first ever UFC in Scotland. The headlining fight is Amir Sadollah vs. TJ Grant. See you there!"

You couldn't pay me to watch (arguably) the majority of events in the Olympics. Sub-par football, sub-par boxing, sub-par pretty much every sport (if said sport has a profitable professional presence.) That and... BMX biking? Why in the fuck is this in the Olympics?
It'd be like if Dana White said to me "Yo industrian. Here's a free VIP ticket to see the first ever UFC in Scotland. The headlining fight is Amir Sadollah vs. TJ Grant. See you there!"

Really? I think it's awesome it's in the Olympics, it's one of only 2 things I applied for tickets for, didn't get them though, gutted. We went to see the BMX Supercross World Cup at the Olympic site last year, it was fantastic.

Fair enough if it's not your cup of tea, but you can't say it shouldn't be in the Olympics just because you don't like it.

I'm hoping more alternative sports will be included in future Olympics, like Downhill mountain biking, and mountain biking 4X. Will definitely get me more interested in it, and a lot of other people I know.

Suairyu

Banned
You couldn't pay me to watch (arguably) the majority of events in the Olympics. Sub-par football, sub-par boxing, sub-par pretty much every sport (if said sport has a profitable professional presence.)
Because the Olympics is meant to be the amateur ideal. In practice, that doesn't happen so much with the track and field events and fencing and swimming etc.

And BMX is in because BMX is awesome.

Kentpaul

On day two the left Tower begins construction.

This game = THE BEST GAME EVER MADE.

this game makes me feel young again, it makes the world seem like a better place again..

2012_07_31_00004.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Aaarrrgggghhh bloody central line suspended. Buses all full and not stopping. Had to walk to the nearest overground, luckily only 1.3 miles away, I probably got there quicker than the bus. Made it in time for the train to Liverpool St. Which is now completely rammed, lovely. And it's not even anything to do with the Olympics! Just a fire at Leyton. Brilliant.

Not cool.

Last night the trains between London and Portsmouth were fucked in the evening, i had to call my mum to come pick me up from 20 miles out. She has now earned her mum points for the year.

I thought I was a grownup...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
On day two the left Tower begins construction.

This game = THE BEST GAME EVER MADE.

this game makes me feel young again, it makes the world seem like a better place again..

2012_07_31_00004.jpg

Bro, where's your armor bro? Get yourself some armor!

SKINNER!

Banned

lolol. You could say the same about any of the recent UFC events that were in the UK. UFC 105 in Manchester was the last decent event in my opinion.

Not cool.

Last night the trains between London and Portsmouth were fucked in the evening, i had to call my mum to come pick me up from 20 miles out. She has now earned her mum points for the year.

I thought I was a grownup...

Lmao having to get a lift from your Mum totally reduces you to teenage years. Unfortunately my mum is 150 miles away so she wouldn't be any good to me if I need a lift.

Dave your face is back!

Darren870

Going to Cornwall on the 24th of Aug. Anyone have any recommendations on what to see/do?

I'm guessing Ill need to hire a car as public transport out there wont be the best...

Yen

It's interesting that of the £9.2bn it cost to host these Olympics, only £700m came from the IOC, and £700m came from sponsors.

Suairyu

Banned
Is this Terraria stuff any good?
I would like to know this too.
With friends, yes. It's Minecraft without the focus on crafting and an actual end of game in sight due to goals to complete. You can 'finish' it. It's got a lifespan of maybe 30 hours if you have some good mates to play with. Well worth the investment.

And then you watch the tennis...
Yeah. I really don't like that they have pros in Olympic tennis. It aint right.

Yen

My most anticipated movie of the year was Prometheus, but the nearest 2D screening was 35 miles away, so I like to think of it as karma that it flopped.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Because the Olympics is meant to be the amateur ideal.

Up until 50-60 years ago that was a good ideal. Since then the rise of professional sportsmanship has destroyed it. Because anyone worth a damn is getting paid for their sweat and toil.

Nowadays the Olympics exists purely for monetary reasons. Which is rather ironic given the amateur circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom