• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
I loved this post:

Britain past

Britain present

icAqU0exebh3P.gif

Qasiel

I've just got back from Hyde Park, as they've been putting on a lot of free concerts there all week. Tonight's band were The Levellers who are pretty awesome live. The sad thing about it is that it's barely been advertised and there are some good acts performing like Feeder, Blur even New Order.

I really hate monthly reporting. Stayed late yesterday, in early this morning. Oh well, all done now, I am a superstar. As my boss just told me. Well let's just hope you reflect that gratitude come bonus time...

It's been a rough working week, I plan on getting immensely smashed on Saturday night, eggybob and Kazenone be warned you may be carrying me home.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Put the one with your voice back up, Kent!

EDIT: Oh shit, you can hear it in his gym progress video :D

Haha, so you can! I know he's scottish but as I always read everything in my voice it's weird as hell to hear it.

Put the other Terraria one back on, I wanna hear this!

EDIT: Fuckit, I have a couple of Terraria videos too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPjoZIdOHE

I'm the loudest one yelling at the start, laughing like a total Jeremy through the whole fight.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnmEvubwzE

The bank job mission FTW!

I really hate monthly reporting. Stayed late yesterday, in early this morning. Oh well, all done now, I am a superstar. As my boss just told me. Well let's just hope you reflect that gratitude come bonus time...

It's been a rough working week, I plan on getting immensely smashed on Saturday night, eggybob and Kazenone be warned you may be carrying me home.

Planning on going anyway awesome holidays with your hard earned paper bill ?

Kentpaul

somewhere cool in the summer ? We barely get any sun in the UK as it is.. Roasting sun and ice cold beers is were its at.

Do you mean somewhere cool (Cold) or like Awesome (Cool) ?

I found that video and I found it charmingly funny how the first mirror was inadequate for the task so the first 30 secs is kent walking around trying to find a mirror to flex into. It made me like him even more :D and then there is the scottish muttering. So cool! Kent, we need you to record a speech for us.

Video was made to keep track of my own gym work and to show a friend.. But yeah lol ain't no mirror big enough in my bathroom to handle my biceptors.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Put the one with your voice back up, Kent!

EDIT: Oh shit, you can hear it in his gym progress video :D

I found that video and I found it charmingly funny how the first mirror was inadequate for the task so the first 30 secs is kent walking around trying to find a mirror to flex into. It made me like him even more :D and then there is the scottish muttering. So cool! Kent, we need you to record a speech for us.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
somewhere cool in the summer ? We barely get any sun in the UK as it is.. Roasting sun and ice cold beers is were its at.

Eh. I went to Korea last year around this time and it was hell. Brits are not made for that heat. I was hoping to leave my holiday for when it's a bit cooler/the holiday rush has finished, but my boss persisted.

Lol I meant awesome cool.

I'm not really the sort of person to lie around doing nothing on holiday, I like visiting interesting places that have history and culture. But after a week in soaking wet North Wales a little sun might be nice too.

Kentpaul

This is disturbing, I remember going to work early to buy VC before going to a soul destroying supermarket job. Oh to be 12...

Another fun fact, Game was called Electronics boutique when i was in with parents getting RE1.

Eh. I went to Korea last year around this time and it was hell. Brits are not made for that heat. I was hoping to leave my holiday for when it's a bit cooler/the holiday rush has finished, but my boss persisted.

Nothing to hefty, Just Spain around the mid 30s

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While I might be staying in London I don't intend to sit around all day. I'm taking this opportunity to explore parts of the city I haven't seen yet. Basically do what a tourist does.

Kentpaul

While I might be staying in London I don't intend to sit around all day. I'm taking this opportunity to explore parts of the city I haven't seen yet. Basically do what a tourist does.

Rent a moter and drive around the rough parts playing grime, Better yet rent a suit and walk around the stock trade area's and drop in a little high flying bar and be better than the rest of us for a few hours..

Only two area's of London that interest me. The rest of it looks typical British generic snash.

I did like the ghetto in Liverpool when i was visiting my uncle years ago, Burned out council houses everywhere. Kids building bonfires at local parks when it wasn't even bonfire night.

Ghettos are pretty awesome.

Blackpool as is the best ghetto in the UK its a portal back to the 1980's.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I played through VC again while I was meant to be revising for my exams this year, good times. Replaying GTA IV atm.

I think I was expecting Kent to sound, well, like Kent Paul. That's what fucked me up.

SKINNER!

Banned

I thinking of doing the same when I'm at the london meetup next month. Spend Friday and Saturday morning/afternoon exploring London. I've still to book a hotel and flights/trains :/

Suairyu

Banned
NES, SNES, GBA and Mega Drive emulators on my Wii... the thing is finally no longer useless.

Really happy for you, Musha. I remember your old job making you feel like shit and not getting any gratitude.

Tower of London is pretty cool, photos of it are on my facebook, go take a look.

NES, SNES, GBA and Mega Drive emulators on my Wii... the thing is finally no longer useless.

Really happy for you, Musha. I remember your old job making you feel like shit and not getting any gratitude.

Cheers dude, getting a thank you can make the difference between hating and liking your job!

SKINNER!

Banned
Expedia had a sale on a Hilton that was minutes away from the Tower of London. Its about the same price as the travelodge that's in Covent Garden. Assuming that it's still got a good price, I might stay in that Hilton and check out the Tower of London.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I'm currently playing a snes emu on my iPad, it's the shit I tell you. If you could have told the 12 year old me that that when I was a grownup I would have a portable flatscreen computer with every snes game I ever wanted, I would have cried blood tears. And now I'm playing Super Metroid. Fuck yes! I'm even using a wiimote and classic controller for that authentic snes goodness.

UKGAF! What are you favourite snes games?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Blackpool as is the best ghetto in the UK its a portal back to the 1980's.

I went to Blackpool when I was a little kid back in the 80s. The only things I remember are a dingy ballroom thing (at the top of the tower maybe?) and a pokey wooden staircase that I think was in the b&b we must have stayed in. Holidays are wasted on children.

I'm currently playing a snes emu on my iPad, it's the shit I tell you. If you could have told the 12 year old me that that when I was a grownup I would have a portable flatscreen computer with every snes game I ever wanted, I would have cried blood tears. And now I'm playing Super Metroid. Fuck yes! I'm even using a wiimote and classic controller for that authentic snes goodness.

UKGAF! What are you favourite snes games?

I had the Lion King game. It rocked. Also had this game my mate gave me, was very similar to Zelda, but not Zelda. that was ok. Obviously Mario. I had the shooter thing, was a bit like a rocket launcher you had on your shoulder. That was awesome.

SKINNER!

Banned
Shorty pm me when you decide on a flight. If you're flying down on the 14th id rather have company

I'll be heading down to Weymouth around the 10th Sept to see my sister for a bit and then head to London on Friday 14th. Heading back to Glasgow on Sunday night. If you wanna meet up on the 14th for a bit then I'll definitely be up for that :)

Suairyu

Banned
Ahh all those legal emulators for the NES, SNES, Mega Drive... GBA... hang on a second.
1 - Emulators are perfectly legal
2 - If Nintendo thinks I'm paying them a second time for their rom copies of carts I already purchased as a kid, they've got another thing coming.

Best SNES game is Super Metroid, of course.
Not an outrageous position to have, indeed.

Of course, the best, best SNES games are actually Mega Drive games.

Mr. Sam

I always liked Donkey Kong Country. Then again, I was four years old or thereabouts when the SNES was about. There's one sitting in my house, next to a Master System. I wonder where my Mega Drive is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom