• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I get hungry every hour or so. I'm not the type of bloke who could diet.

Asda deli pizza for my dinner tonight, BBQ base, onions, pepperoni, chilli beef, peppers..

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I just cooked myself a decent dinner there. I noticed that the chicken I bought the other day expires today so ended up eating around 1KG of chicken breast, cooked with industrian's secret recipe
garlic garlic garlic garlic garlic vinegar garlic

Chicken's quite cheap over here. That 1KG only cost me around £3.50. Eggs too. You can buy 10 eggs for around 60p.

Chinner

Banned
i think this is pretty much a result of forcing the community threads into their own boards and trying to make off-topic into news central/reddit. off-topic is basically a haven for news/hype threads where they we get a mix of shitty hype threads or gaborns news trolling or constantly debating of the same subjects again and again. the general tone is just really pessimistic now, which has led to reactionary posting where everyone is constantly outraged at everything.

i think this is pretty much a result of forcing the community threads into their own boards and trying to make off-topic into news central/reddit. off-topic is basically a haven for news/hype threads where they we get a mix of shitty hype threads or gaborns news trolling or constantly debating of the same subjects again and again. the general tone is just really pessimistic now, which has led to reactionary posting where everyone is constantly outraged at everything.

"White-people problems", Serena Williams dancing, suicide, Apple lawsuit, mass shooting, where are you in your life, are you happy, I hate my job, Depression, and - perhaps worst of all - EvilLore Travels.

daviyoung

Banned
I think about killing myself every time someone reminds me there's a north England. I don't brag about it though, like GAF brags about it. GAF wallows in its depression like a pig in shit.

Kentpaul

"White-people problems", Serena Williams dancing, suicide, Apple lawsuit, mass shooting, where are you in your life, are you happy, I hate my job, Depression, and - perhaps worst of all - EvilLore Travels.

The Google overlord ad sense thing sure put a downer on the board.

Least we have some hope in the PIZZA OT.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

iMOeV9pOB9k8h.gif

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

Agreed.

Yeah, and then there's the Chic Fil-A stuff, weekly news stories about some horrible shit that happened in the middle east, etc, etc.
Man why is it so depressing on here? I tend just not to go in those threads.

I think about killing myself every time someone reminds me there's a north England. I don't brag about it though, like GAF brags about it. GAF wallows in its depression like a pig in shit.

Woah, woah, are you shitting on the north now? OH SON YOU BEST NOT BE SHITTING ON THE NORTH!

EDIT: Wait, how is the Gay/Bi thread not in OT Community?

Think I might start a happy thready, but this place is so depressing it'll last 5 seconds, while people keep raging on at the same tired arguments in the other threads.

Kentpaul

Agreed.

Yeah, and then there's the Chic Fil-A stuff, weekly news stories about some horrible shit that happened in the middle east, etc, etc.
Man why is it so depressing on here? I tend just not to go in those threads.

Woah, woah, are you shitting on the north now? OH SON YOU BEST NOT BE SHITTING ON THE NORTH!

EDIT: Wait, how is the Gay/Bi thread not in OT Community?

Think I might start a happy thready, but this place is so depressing it'll last 5 seconds, while people keep raging on at the same tired arguments in the other threads.

Gaf has a huge gay community (40% or so of overall users) They can't hide a thread like that away without outrage.

Qasiel

You'll probably just be saddened more than anything.

The lucky bugger.

I'll try everything in my power to go traveling in a couple of years.
I don't know if you caught that message, but I'm serious about Amsterdam dude!

I dont mind the Travels thread too much as I will say there are some nice pictures in there. My main problem is that there was a huge clampdown on drug talk because of google's policy and then there's around 300 posts talking about EviL tripping out on mushrooms (what kinds he bought, where he took them, what happened when he was out of it). Sure, people wanted to hear about it but if a regular joe like you or me started talking about that kinda stuff in a regular thread it'd be locked faster than you could say "junkie in the gutter".

Suairyu

Banned
SONY finally cracked how to make budget collections visually appealing:

I hope to Jeremy that these are coming to the UK and in that sexy packaging. If not, I might actually import. The 'Classics HD' bullshit boxes that UK-SONY use are so fucking ugly.

GAFs over reaction to any story involving injury to animals or the death of pets is hilarious.
"I'm so utterly sorry to hear your dog died, even though I don't know you or it! My day is ruined, I feel pretty down now!"

Must be an American thing.

Chinner

Banned
the suicide threads are kinda tricky. you need to make sure you don't scare of the legit people, but the majority posted this month have been plain attention seeking.

someone else mentioned it, but if you let this shit continue then it's just gonna let certain posters post more and more stupid shit to attention seek. lock that shit upp.

Mr. Sam

SONY finally cracked how to make budget collections visually appealing:

I hope to Jeremy that these are coming to the UK and in that sexy packaging. If not, I might actually import. The 'Classics HD' bullshit boxes that UK-SONY use are so fucking ugly.

Still coated in logos, but we're getting there.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Outrage Olympics.

Been sweeping certain sectors of the Internet but GAF seems to have come down with a particularly strong case.

Suairyu

Banned
My favourite part of the Olympics scandals is when the mod who always puts the least amount of effort into his posts anyway "rofl"s me for making a factual statement, which is basically just shit posting and being disrespectful. Of course, that's fine because he's a mod but nooo, we can't say "cunt".

Salvadora

My favourite part of the Olympics scandals is when the mod who always puts the least amount of effort into his posts anyway "rofl"s me for making a factual statement, which is basically just shit posting and being disrespectful. Of course, that's fine because he's a mod but nooo, we can't say "cunt".

I knew who that was without even thinking.

Chinner

Banned
we still have a few terrible mods, but the credit to evillore the last few have been good picks and have really helped for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom