• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Booking up Amsterdam tomorrow, comes to about a grand for us all so one of us will book it and a passing of crafty cash money exchanges to the buyer of the package will be in order

Amsterdam, ftw getting over before the weed ban will be a high point in my life. It also gives me something to look forward to when I'm working away.

Going to buy some nice jack Jones sunglasses so I can get proper out of it and not have my eyes ruining the fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRcg6Ei6eyk

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE IM SO EXCITED HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Mr. Sam

A grand? How long are you going for? I went over for four days for about two hundred. Well, that was accommodation and travel.

Xun

I don't know if you caught that message, but I'm serious about Amsterdam dude!

I dont mind the Travels thread too much as I will say there are some nice pictures in there. My main problem is that there was a huge clampdown on drug talk because of google's policy and then there's around 300 posts talking about EviL tripping out on mushrooms (what kinds he bought, where he took them, what happened when he was out of it). Sure, people wanted to hear about it but if a regular joe like you or me started talking about that kinda stuff in a regular thread it'd be locked faster than you could say "junkie in the gutter".
Oh? What message?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
A girl I know is going to Amsterdam in November. She asked me if I wanted to come a few weeks ago but didn't bring up the idea of me coming along when we hung out on Friday.

Might see if I can jump in on their trip.

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO go for it. You need to expand your mind with drugs and get fucking laid already. People are more interesting once they've gotten laid. The longer it has been since someone got laid, the more boring they are. It's science.

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;40694352 said:
A girl I know is going to Amsterdam in November. She asked me if I wanted to come a few weeks ago but didn't bring up the idea of me coming along when we hung out on Friday.

Might see if I can jump in on their trip.

Go for it buddy!

Mr. Sam

Grand for 5 of us, 206 quid each.
Hotel looks pretty decent.

Where are you staying? It doesn't particularly matter - the tram services will take you anywhere in a matter of minutes and it's seven euros or so for a 24 hour pass. Saw Ian Brown in a coffeeshop while we were there. That was fun.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Absolutely. Don't wait for her / them to bring it up, tell her that you're coming and need her to give you details on where they're staying so you can book and go with. It'll be a fun experience.

I'm planning on bringing it up next time I see her. That's where it's difficult - she's always in work or doing something.

See what I can do, though.

Kentpaul

Where are you staying? It doesn't particularly matter - the tram services will take you anywhere in a matter of minutes and it's seven euros or so for a 24 hour pass. Saw Ian Brown in a coffeeshop while we were there. That was fun.

http://www.hemhotels.nl/en/location.html

Nothing is 100% yet but we will take anything for around 200 quid, flights n shit.

CHEEZMO™;40696972 said:
I'm planning on bringing it up next time I see her. That's where it's difficult - she's always in work or doing something.

See what I can do, though.

Send a text message from your phone to her phone!

CHEEZMO go for it. You need to expand your mind with drugs and get fucking laid already. People are more interesting once they've gotten laid. The longer it has been since someone got laid, the more boring they are. It's science.

Is that actually science? I mean it's true but still

Kentpaul

How many days? Thats kinda far from the center.

5 days mate. Plans will change depending on what's the cheapest on booking day.

Looks about to proper for my liking to, I want travellers digs with some heart. Some gaf i can stroll into stoned without getting looked down apon.

Finally watching Gypsy Blood.

tumblr_m856mjBzkR1qd14xy.gif

Qasiel

Damn, guys. That's some busy shit right there. I'm just off to bed, but at least I have the excuse of coming off a night shift.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So who's going to Eurogamer?

Perhaps. Last time I was on my lonesome which isn't bad per se since I tend to like going round expos at my own pace but I'll see if anyone I know outside of GAF is going first.

Guess I'll do Sunday again if I do go.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Guy from work got to Amsterdam for like a fiver, but that was on the megabus. All the way from London to 'dam.

EDIT: I've wanted to do Eurogamer for years, it'd be right when I start Uni again but that'd be freshers week anyway so there'd be nowt going on. It's just the lack of all money.

Suairyu

Banned
Not gonna say a name, but since a certain mod was appointed all of a sudden these new rules on words we can and can't use sprung up.

And my arse they were always the rules, nobody used to give a shit.
Assuming you're talking about Mumei, he's actually a very nice guy. He isn't the only mod saying they were always the rules, he just unfortunately had the high profile case of doing it in the Footie thread.

Mods ban by committee these days, so one guy can't really force an agenda.

Fucking idiot Frenchies in the Olympics thread are pissing me off (well one), they just can't accept that Britain is now a superior sporting nation.

Suairyu

Banned
Fucking idiot Frenchies in the Olympics thread are pissing me off (well one), they just can't accept that Britain is now a superior sporting nation.
with this post, you sound as bad as any other Olympic poster idiot. You sound like Korey. Just chill. Who cares if a French citizen doesn't agree with abstract statement?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The olympics really has brought out the worst in some posters. Especially the threads about specific things (british cycler purposely falling, american disqualified) have been terrible.

i have a plan! I think we need to stop showing dissent, and focus on being productive posters. Then maybe one of us can infiltrate the mod elite and bring them down from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom