• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Kentpaul Travels! PLEASE do a post in OT mimicking Evil's.

I second this. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

So I'm guessing that UK-GAF is not pro-Evilore? Would be interesting to get his thoughts about it if he happens to show up at the London meetup.
lolol, as if he would

Jimi Hendrix on Sky Arts at the moment. Guy is a fucking musical genius. Expendables 2 showing is at 8.30pm so I'll be heading out to meet the crew around 6pm. cannot wait!

Ohhhhhh yeaaaaah.

You mean under 18 stone, right?

HBk6b.gif

I second this. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

So I'm guessing that UK-GAF is not pro-Evilore? Would be interesting to get his thoughts about it if he happens to show up at the London meetup.
lolol, as if he would

I like EviLore. Guy runs a tight ship. Seems to know what he's talking about, usually. I just don't want to read every minute detail of his travels, especially if they're written like that :lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I wonder what's going to happen first: Brendan Rogers getting sacked or Meadows getting banned again. ;)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
At least my team won, and that's all that matters.

But since it was against East Stirling and all I'm not going to brag about it or anything.

I like Evilore. He's open about everything that happens on his travels, the good and the bad, knowing he'll get stick for it, and he takes the stick with good grace. And he's a millionaire ;D

f0rk

I've been watching The West Wing. It's pretty good but super preachy and the music cues are awful, I feel like I'm getting beat up by the music when they start getting all patriotic and shit.

I would rather work in The West Wing's White House than The Thick of It's Westminster though. The Thick of It is probably the portrayal closest to real life though.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've been watching The West Wing. It's pretty good but super preachy and the music cues are awful, I feel like I'm getting beat up by the music when they start getting all patriotic and shit.

Which season are you on? 1 through 4 are great (2 being the best and containing the singular best TV episode of all time).

f0rk

Which season are you on? 1 through 4 are great (2 being the best and containing the singular best TV episode of all time).

Only a few episodes into 2. When the Republican chick went to dinner with her friends and said 'DON'T CALL THEM USELESS, THEY ARE PATRIOTS!!!!' I almost died from cringing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Only a few episodes into 2. When the Republican chick went to dinner with her friends and said 'DON'T CALL THEM USELESS, THEY ARE PATRIOTS!!!!' I almost died from cringing.

Ainsley Hayes. Yeah I think you're supposed to cringe there. After what she just witnessed at the White House then hearing her friends/colleagues slagging them off, she defended them - but in the exact style you would expect of a person who Sam first thought she was (a blonde, leggy Republican who wants to be in showbusiness). Like she has that cheesy side in her, but she's thoughtful and intelligent (the pre-title talk show sequence is great) and so doesn't have to rely on being the lowest common denominator (read: the supposed Republican norm) to progress her career.

At least that's how I saw it :lol

SKINNER!

Banned
ah right! lolol, taxi drivers can we quite sneaky at times. Sounded like an eventful weekend for you though :) We need to get the Glasgow meetup going at some point.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Wait, this isn't from 50 Shades of Grey?

Hey :|

Haha, aside from the girl being a retarded S&M freak it was pretty standard stuff, the progression of flirting and physical gestures and kissing and everything. And some people get a kick out of reading about it, far as I can tell, so why not? I don't have any hangups about sharing the stories. It's a fun concept, being open about everything that goes down on my trip, and I'm following through with that. That means talking about how I seduce girls ;b

Darren870

Ugh have to move today. Just walked in a few hours ago from fabric...

wtf was I thinking last night. Should have just called it a night before that.

SteveWD40

The West Wing is one of my favourite shows of all time but it can be a liberals wet dream at times and painfully idealistic (just wait for the Republican who says "this is why good people hate us") :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom