• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was horrible GAF, never again

jeremy_hunt.jpg

it's just not worth it, think before you post. :(

take benzo fury and spend 40 quid on coke with kentpaul. he will show you a good time.

Better yet, swing back over to Amsterdam and hang out with Kentpaul and his mates. Just imagine the hijinks.

By the way, Evil, don't take anything we say seriously. We just like to have a go at everyone and everything :p

Ugh have to move today. Just walked in a few hours ago from fabric...

wtf was I thinking last night. Should have just called it a night before that.

Being walking distance from Fabric seems both a blessing and a curse. Whereabouts are you moving to? Staying fairly central I assume?

SteveWD40

By the way, Evil, don't take anything we say seriously. We just like to have a go at everyone and everything :p

Thing is, either:

A. Someone told Evil his name had come up here ("we av a grarrs")

B. Evil had an eye on this thread for some reason...

C. Evil searches Gaf for uses of his name............................. (moar dots for creepy factor)

Oh and Evil, there is a London Meetup thread, think it's mid September iirc so if you are out here that long that might work.

Mikeside

Have the worst hangover ever. Supposed to be going to the pub later to watch City vs Saints too urgh.

/Hangover thread.

I was planning to go to the pub and watch (as I don't have Sky at home) but yesterday I completely fucked my ankle tripping over some rubble when I was doing some work in the garden (digging up layers of concrete and tiles to lower the ground) and I can't even walk on it today.

Fooking painful.
If only Darksiders II would unlock a day early and give me something to do all day.

Yeah it was probably Meadows. He hates London Gaf and is probably jelly that Evilore is coming here and not going to his beloved Manc so wanted to drop us in it.

I kid.

But it was probably Meadows.

Meadows

Banned
Yeah it was probably Meadows. He hates London Gaf and is probably jelly that Evilore is coming here and not going to his beloved Manc so wanted to drop us in it.

I kid.

But it was probably Meadows.

I don't hate London GAF.

And also you get mad chops from me for holding the olympics. Sicklympics.

Suairyu

Banned
Oh yes. Just had a lovely big breakfast. Sausage, black pudding, tottie scone, eggs and Bacon? Ultimate hangover cure.
Black pudding respect.

Just a simple toasted bacon sammich for me today. All buttery and good.

Thing is, either:

A. Someone told Evil his name had come up here ("we av a grarrs")

B. Evil had an eye on this thread for some reason...

C. Evil searches Gaf for uses of his name............................. (moar dots for creepy factor)

Oh and Evil, there is a London Meetup thread, think it's mid September iirc so if you are out here that long that might work.
Option A. I bet it was iapteusawalrus. He betrayed his UK brothers to take the red.

SteveWD40

Black pudding is best pudding.

Except maybe for Yorkshires.

Actually, black pudding is second-best pudding.

1. "Rag" Pudding (Oldham variation of Steak and Kidney, better pastry and more flavour).

2. My Grans Yorkshire puddings (she is from Yorkshire)

3. Black Pudding

Suairyu

Banned
Guys, what about toad in the hole, but with black pudding instead of sausage? So black pudding in yorkshire pudding.

o god i need to try that...

SKINNER!

Banned
Please. Edinburgh.

I'd be ok with this too considering that its not far and Edinburgh has fantastic places to hang out. Meetups in different cities around Scotland would be quite awesome actually. Would love to visit the city and say hello to my lecturers at Napier.

Cheezmo, come up north. Scot-GAF welcomes you with open arms :)

take benzo fury and spend 40 quid on coke with kentpaul. he will show you a good time.

I could just imagine Evilore's travel entry.

Day ??

Currently Jacked up on buckfast, benzo, weed and coke.
Lost a bet and gave full admin rights to kentpaul.
What have I done GAF?

Juicy Bob

Guys, what about toad in the hole, but with black pudding instead of sausage? So black pudding in yorkshire pudding.

o god i need to try that...
Both toad in the hole and black pudding are amazing, but toad in the hole is such a God-tier dish as it is already, I'd be cautious about switching it up like that. How can you improve on perfection?

Both toad in the hole and black pudding are amazing, but toad in the hole is such a God-tier dish as it is already, I'd be cautious about switching it up like that. How can you improve on perfection?

I make the best toad in the hole ever, gargantuan yorkshire with garlic mash and onion gravy

siddhu33

So London-GAF, I'll be one of you in around 45 days, due to university. I've got to ask: any tips on how to, for example, travel efficiently, and save some money? The last time I lived in London was 10 years ago, and a shitload has happened since then.

3Sixty

So London-GAF, I'll be one of you in around 45 days, due to university. I've got to ask: any tips on how to, for example, travel efficiently, and save some money? The last time I lived in London was 10 years ago, and a shitload has happened since then.

Scooter.

Is it safe now? London isn't really known for amazingly polite drivers.

I think it's fairly safe, and - as someone who both cycles and drives in London - I can assure you that cyclists bring a lot of anger on themselves! If you're careful, you'll be fine. However, given you're presumably going to be at Imperial or UCL, everything's so central that buses (and if necessary tubes) should get you everywhere you need to go, for a reasonable price.

Zaph

Is it safe now? London isn't really known for amazingly polite drivers.
No city as dense as London will ever be 'safe' for cyclists, but it has gotten a lot better in recent years - thanks in part to Boris Bikes. It's no Hamburg or Holland, but we're getting there.

Tips for saving money? Don't come to London.

I'm kidding (kinda). But yeah, as a student be prepared to spend a lot of your time broke and miserable.

I love this city, but hated it as a student.

Other travel tips - Get an Oyster. Try to use the trains, not buses. Also, if you're in central, it's often far quicker to walk than bother with either.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
People who cycle on roads should get a mandatory year long prison sentence and a public lashing.

The 'help me talk to girls' threads on here are as frustrating as all the depressing news stories which get posted. And when you call out the idiots who make corny jokes, somehow you're in the wrong. Eurgh.

Anyway, today has been perhaps the most relaxing Sunday of my life, just incredible (aside from irritating GAFfers :p)

Suairyu

Banned
The 'help me talk to girls' threads on here are as frustrating as all the depressing news stories which get posted. And when you call out the idiots who make corny jokes, somehow you're in the wrong. Eurgh.
At least the number of them have been cut down since Dr Eggman got juniored.

Suairyu

Banned
I'd always assumed he was a joke poster, were his threads serious? And was he juniored specifically so he couldn't make threads? That's amazing if so.
Yeah. I forget which thread eventually did him in, but the demotion was made at about the 50 post mark and then it was just endless posts of "YES!" gifs and people saying "oh thank god..." and we all cried happy tears like at the end of that South Park episode where Lucas and Spielberg were arrested for raping Indiana Jones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dr Eggman was a serious poster to begin with when he had a Robotnik avatar. Then he changed it to that standup comedian and it all went downhill from there.

Suairyu

Banned
Dr Eggman was a serious poster to begin with when he had a Robotnik avatar. Then he changed it to that standup comedian and it all went downhill from there.
It's like he wanted to be regarded as funny like Louis CK, except he has no comedic talents and Louis CK isn't even that funny to begin with.

I first noticed him as a shit poster around the time TimeDog vs Blamespace kicked off. I think he just wanted to be considered funny. Oh well.

Chinner

Banned
it was the kind of casual/random posting that kicked off with the forced timedog vs blame space debate. it caught on and some users pushed it too far. quite easy to ignore since eggman was juniored and the vote died off.

then again, some may call me a joke poster but i consider myself just to be sarcastic and british.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom