• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through the whole 'now at uni so let's play Pokemon' thing. Twas awesome. We all bought HG/SS and then B/W, many long days spent sitting around chatting playing those.

Juicy Bob

Only played Blue, then Gold. Loved them both. I don't like how every game is effectively the same as each other, but they are just good, fun games.

Suairyu

Banned
Only played Blue, then Gold. Loved them both. I don't like how every game is effectively the same as each other, but they are just good, fun games.
It's very easy to see who hasn't been keeping up with the series :p

Pick up Black or White. It was a soft reboot for the series, limiting you to only 150 all over again. Best place for lapsed players.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
That Crystal Maze thread reminded me of Fort Boyard. That was a sweet show.

Also, it's weird seeing Oldham on the BBC, especially an area so close to where I live.

I played a Pokemon game once. Kinda bored me. I think I missed the whole boat with Pokemon, was just a little after my time. Damn I'm old.

A Jeremy song.... hmmm I will start writing it immediately.

Seanbob11

I'm ordering Virgin Media tomorrow for the new flat. Do they do a 'recommend a friend' thing that I am one of you could take advantage of?

kharma45

I'm ordering Virgin Media tomorrow for the new flat. Do they do a 'recommend a friend' thing that I am one of you could take advantage of?

Yeah VM do it.

I'm not really getting your post, are you wanting one of us to recommend you or the other way around, that once you get it you want to recommend one of us?

Seanbob11

Yeah VM do it.

I'm not really getting your post, are you wanting one of us to recommend you or the other way around, that once you get it you want to recommend one of us?

Sorry for not being clear. I'm getting it so would like a recommendation. What's their deal?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Haven't been to BK in yonks. Well they don't exist in my area and they are pretty costly compared to McDs.

Kind of annoyed my local raised the price of extra value meal so they are now just a little bit above £4. No wI have to rummage around for the small coins if I want to get rid of change.

EDIT: This is in reference to Xun's post on the previous page because I forgot to refresh.

kharma45

Sorry for not being clear. I'm getting it so would like a recommendation. What's their deal?

Ah right. It gives you free installation if you're referred by an existing customer, can be worth up to £40 depending on what you're getting put in. I was pretty pissed when I first joined and had to pay for one of them to come round and plug a router in.

I've a VM account if you want me to do it for you?

Haven't been to BK in yonks. Well they don't exist in my area and they are pretty costly compared to McDs.

Kind of annoyed my local raised the price of extra value meal so they are now just a little bit above £4. No wI have to rummage around for the small coins if I want to get rid of change.

EDIT: This is in reference to Xun's post on the previous page because I forgot to refresh.

I'm going to Byron tomorrow after work. Never been to one before but some guys at work have been raving about it for a month now, so I finally decided to go!

Anyone going to the Mathew Street festival in Liverpool this weekend?

They're sadly made St Johns Gardens (behind St Georges Hall) an alcohol free zone, which was our usual place to sit and listen to music from the main stage. No fair!

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm selling a Thursday entry Bestival ticket at face value if anyone is interested.The xx, De La Soul, Stevie Wonder! Purchased it back in Feb but then discovered in June that I couldn't go.Will be putting it up on ebay after a day if nobody here wants it.

Mikeside

You'll get a better deal without doing that, but talking to a rep on the phone and being persistent in asking what they can give you as a sweetener

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I shouldn't have, but I went to Burger King today.

They seem to have improved the chips! Taste good man.

Kind of annoyed my local raised the price of extra value meal so they are now just a little bit above £4. No wI have to rummage around for the small coins if I want to get rid of change

Unless they changed things up recently, they closed pretty much every Burger King in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Seeing an empty building on the entrance to Princes Street where the BK used to be broke my heart. I used to always go there if I had 20+ mins to spare before the next bus.

And that said the Taiwanese Burger King is pathetic. Absolutely tiny fucking burgers.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This is a Dr Eggman level thread.

This place is getting worse and just reinforcing its "boys only club" status more and more these days.

I will defend this thread on the basis that (having clicked and scrolled for like 20 seconds) it seems to be one of those classic threads where idiot boys get themselves all stewed up, like it's some kind of collective erotica collaboration but without the juicy deets, just lots of people ferverently wishing for the juicy deets.

I don't think a 'boys club' thing is necessarily bad once in a while. Especially as from my experience there is very little girls like more than laughing at idiot boys (at least, the girls I know).

Let the children be, is what I'm saying.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I don't get how you guys can stomach the Burger King prices.

There's no reason why chain fast-food should cost that much.

While your wrong on all other subjects. This is correct. The price slips out of cheap shitty burger while in town to money that could be spent on an awesome bar lunch territory.

Pub grub > sloppy awesome BK burger.

Mikeside

Pokémon games aren't so bad - well... the first one you play isn't so bad, but then they're all the same.

Definitely 'entry level' jRPGs though. I'd love to see the mechanic used in a more interesting RPG or adventure game.

SKINNER!

Banned
The only JRPG games I have played:

Pokemon Yellow
one hour of Pokemon Gold too but I gave up after I couldn't be bothered re-training my pokemon from scratch and I didn't know anyone with a second gameboy/link cable. Totally regret it now.

Chrono Trigger

Captain Tsubasa Vol. II: Super Striker

Super Mario RPG

and that's about it. Haven't touched a single Final Fantasy game. Haven't completed a single Zelda game. Might pick up the new Pokemon Gold for the DS and play Chrono Cross at some point.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
This winter will mark the 15th anniversary of me playing my first JRPG (and my favourite game): Final Fantasy VII.

JRPGs used to be my favourite type of video game but the modern ones have changed far too much in ... it's best just to leave this clip of Grandpa Simpson to explain my feelings fully - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saPhxZZQCWk

Chinner

Banned
think being in hospital and being bed-bound is taking its toll. my back and chest hurt like hell. unless its side-effects from the drugs.

daviyoung

Banned
JRPGs are single-handledly responsible for the ultra-linear wish-fulfillment overly-cinematic power-fantasy hero journeys that every game now tries to emulate. They're so bad, so so bad.

Juicy Bob

In the last couple of months, I have:

- Finished FFVII for the first time, (amazing game)
- Replayed Wild ARMs from start to finish (amazing game)
- Started FFVIII and temporarilly given up shortly through Disc 2 (not so amazing game)
- Bought and played FFXIII up to Chapter 10 (enjoyable but repetitive and frustratingly linear game).

In the last couple of months, I have:

- Finished FFVII for the first time, (amazing game)
- Replayed Wild ARMs from start to finish (amazing game)
- Started FFVIII and temporarilly given up shortly through Disc 2 (not so amazing game)
- Bought and played FFXIII up to Chapter 10 (enjoyable but repetitive and frustratingly linear game).

Get to Disc 3 for FFVIII, once you get the airship the whole game opens up and it's so awesome. Remember, don't use magic, and don't win too many battles. Always junction properly and refine is your best friend!

SteveWD40

JRPGs are single-handledly responsible for the ultra-linear wish-fulfillment overly-cinematic power-fantasy hero journeys that every game now tries to emulate. They're so bad, so so bad.

Glad it's not just me, being a "gamer" and not liking Final Fantasy, Dragons Quest and their ilk makes you a seemingly rare beast.

You always end up playing some set character on a linear path, where's the fucking roleplay?

Give me BG2, Fallout etc...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I guess the idea of a joke GAF RPG is out of the window now that its been revealed many hate the genre. And I even found my old RPG Maker CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom