• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
124827.jpg

Yum.

YESSSSSSS! I could eat all of these in the world. I swear they don't make you full, you just lust after more. omnomnom.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I preferred watching cartoons over liveaction shows as a kid. As a result I watched more CITV than CBBC. The former was home to BATMAN, Animaniacs and Feakazoid so it comes to no surprise. Yes I realise I was watching disgusting Yankee shows rather than homegrown British produce.

This is why people nostalgia-ing over english cartoons confuse me. Yeah Dangermouse and Duckula were okaaaaaay but those 90s Warner cartoons were an apex for the artform, amazing stuff. And the Nickelodeon stuff from the same era as well. I was all about the yankee stuff as a kid, way better.

Apart from Grange Hill, that was the shit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
A facebook post brought this epic show to my attention. Forgot all about it.

The old farts of the thread wont know it but the younger ones will.

The Demon Headmaster Series 1 ep1 part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkDfNsjk0I

EPIC AMIRTE

psh kids. I read the books before they were on TV, I was a total ten year old hipster. I was also very amused that the author's surname was Blackman, which I said Black Man obviously. But it was funny because her name was Malorie.

Kids are well rassist.

SKINNER!

Banned

lmao!! Dec losing it everytime the caller didn't give an answer that rhymed is still funny. Live and Kicking never came close to SMTV live. Not...even..once! I tell ya, Saturday mornings were freakin' awesome back then!

I preferred watching cartoons over liveaction shows as a kid. As a result I watched more CITV than CBBC. The former was home to BATMAN, Animaniacs and Feakazoid so it comes to no surprise. Yes I realise I was watching disgusting Yankee shows rather than homegrown British produce.

same here. That disney show segment + CITV made for an incredible assortment of cartoons. Pokemon, Digimon, Angry Beavers, Max Steel, Goof Troop, Mighty Ducks, fuckin' Recess!!!

EDIT: The only shows I cared about on CBBC were Even Stevens, Fairly Oddparents, the old ninja turtles episodes they randomly started showing around 2003, SMART, Blue Peter and Newsround. oh, and Get Your Own Back. I think that was a CBBC show anyway.

Saturday morning TV was the best, do they even have any kid's shows on Saturday morning tv nowadays? I'm normally watching Saturday Morning Kitchen.

So, Animaniacs or Tiny Toons?

Mikeside

This is why people nostalgia-ing over english cartoons confuse me. Yeah Dangermouse and Duckula were okaaaaaay but those 90s Warner cartoons were an apex for the artform, amazing stuff. And the Nickelodeon stuff from the same era as well. I was all about the yankee stuff as a kid, way better.

Apart from Grange Hill, that was the shit.

Take it back, you swine!
Count Duckula was fucking awesomesauce. STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS.

...do you think I could blackmail Telltale Games to make a Duckula game?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Saturday morning TV was the best, do they even have any kid's shows on Saturday morning tv nowadays? I'm normally watching Saturday Morning Kitchen.

So, Animaniacs or Tiny Toons?

Animaniacs yo! Better songs, movie parodies that seem into your skin as a child and blow your mind as an adult, sexy nurse! But Tiny Toons was also brilliant. I used to draw Buster Bunny endlessly as a kid.

Batman was the shit though, that's one of the greatest cartoons in history.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I remember when people thought the Wii's nunchuck controller would have to be rebranded in the UK because of that old ninja law.

Darren870

What the fuck is that shit? Maybe after my time I guess...

First saw this when I was 11, me and my friends obsessed over it for years at High School:

Awesome

Yea, my 15 year old brother watched this show growing up. I would have been 14 when it came out and by that time my cartoon days were over.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What the fuck is that shit? Maybe after my time I guess...

First saw this when I was 11, me and my friends obsessed over it for years at High School:

Awesome

Hells yeahs! My wife loves this, I bought her all the DVDs a few years back and we spent a week watching nothing but. It has aged incredibly well, I see why I enjoyed it as a tween, it's Tom and Jerry with dick jokes.

SKINNER!

Banned
I was an Animaniacs kid but Tiny Toons is still a great show. Not sure how my parents would've reacted if they walked into my room and saw me watching this particular episode.

Batman TAS, Adventures of Tintin and Recess. All God-tier television.

Ed, Edd n Eddy was after my time. Only cartoons I watched around that time were Pokemon and Digimon. After that I was already in my teens and decided to head into comedy sitcom territory with random eps of Red Dwarf, Father Ted, South Park and (ugh why!?) Friends.

SteveWD40

CHEEZMO™;41212119 said:
The only thing funnier than the Bottom TV show is their stage plays.

And yeah, I'm 21 and I grew up watching it.

Bottom Live was great, the second ok and after that they went way-downhill. the entire TV show is on youtube and yes, it's aged very very well.

"Ah Monica. Didlit didlew."

Took me a long time to get that one. One of my favourites now.

Another favourite. "There must be something in the cupboards. Ah-ha! Shelves."

Pretty much knew the 1st stage show by heart. Went to see the 3rd one live, wasn't as good as 1 or 2 but still funny as fuck.

SteveWD40

"Ah Monica. Didlit didlew."

Took me a long time to get that one. One of my favourites now.

Another favourite. "There must be something in the cupboards. Ah-ha! Shelves."

Pretty much knew the 1st stage show by heart. Went to see the 3rd one live, wasn't as good as 1 or 2 but still funny as fuck.

"Eddie...Special K!"

"what so special about it?

"well it's food!"

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Going to watch Man woman wild tonight.

Since i'm an internet cat, I'm a little out of the loop from recent discovery channel shows.

Man woman wild is fucking scripted shit. Nurse Jackie time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom