• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviyoung

Banned
Don't be daft, it's a gorgeous city. Parts of it are chatty, but where can't you say that?

'Tis expensive though.

Dust capital of France. Most of the central city is a construction site, it's full of traffic and everyone is rude to everyone else except those who desperately want your custom (not many) and they'll be the exact opposite, annoyingly so. One of the most over-rated cities I've been to.

Suairyu

Banned
Will only be for a weekend. Expense can be managed smartly by eating cheap and generally just enjoying the sights, walking, and not going to too many museums.

I'll also have a fluent speaker with me dealing with the Parisians.

SmokyDave

Dust capital of France. Most of the central city is a construction site, it's full of traffic and everyone is rude to everyone else except those who desperately want your custom (not many) and they'll be the exact opposite, annoyingly so. One of the most over-rated cities I've been to.

Do you speak any French?

Will only be for a weekend. Expense can be managed smartly by eating cheap and generally just enjoying the sights, walking, and not going to too many museums.
Eating and drinking cheap will be tricky unless you pack some lunches!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Walkabout is my benchmark for mini bar club pub places, KP. I only go to events these days, clubbing is a chore unless you're already pissed from a day session in a pub.

I had lunch at Walkabout while at uni. Was pretty quiet at that time.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I remember reading in one of Jezza's books where he tore into Paris and in the end recommended something like Bruges. Was an hilarious section.

daviyoung

Banned
Both transport and accommodation. As for package or no package, it depends what's cheaper.

I don't know any package websites except expedia or a bricks'n'mortar travel agency.

Booking.com is best for hotel deals. Transport depends on what budget airlines fly from the airport you're flying from, or if you're travelling by train or ferry. Eurostar is best, but book now.

SKINNER!

Banned
Ashton Lane can be quite hipster-y but it's atmospherically better than Sauchiehall street. to be honest though, I really need to explore the centre more.

Ashton Lane can be quite hipster-y but it's atmospherically better than Sauchiehall street. to be honest though, I really need to explore the centre more.

Sauchiehall Street is a blot on Glasgow these days. You turn round the corner from Buchanan Street and it's a total dump in comparison. The middle of it especially is dire, all the shops are closing and all that's left is shitty pubs and clubs. Considering it's one of the 3 main streets in the city centre, it's probably one of the worst overall.

Lirlond

Honestly Hope street has some fantastic bars in the little alleys and what not. Then theres the trongate and merchant city, expensive there though.

SmokyDave

Yes, but not to Parisians, they don't deserve the effort

I can see why they're moody and disrespectful though, moving to and living in that city. Everywhere else in France = awesome.

Eh, fair enough. I love the place but then I accept a certain amount of 'grime' with any capital city. My missus seemed pretty happy when she lived there but then she dates me so she shouldn't be used as a yardstick for anything!

SmokyDave

Today is much easier than yesterday, smoking wise. I suspect my body is lulling me into a false sense of security but for now I'm just grateful the pangs have stopped!

Tell J to get a new alt so he can tell me himself! We miss him.

Yeah we do, that crazy cat.

JT if you alt your way back in, make it waaaaaay less obvious. Your codeword should be 'congress tart'.

By being himself too soon. You have to wait for that shit, get a new IP address, dejunior and then ease back into it.
It's entirely possible (although unlikely) that it wasn't Meadows fault that Kavanagh got banned. He did manage to call another member a twat in his short tenure IIRC. That might've been what did him in.

It was Meadows really though. The grass.

Given the mods watch this topic now, we'll have to treat J's new alt like he really is a new member, at least for a while. Also, build up some posts in unrelated topics, when you get to about 50-100 posts, one of us will 'happen upon you' in one of those topics and direct you here, and nobody will be any the wiser*

*unless they read this plan.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I can't be part of this conspiring to conceal a banned member patter on public channels. Feel free to keep me updated on steam.

Don't pm me details. I don't known of mods have access to my pms.

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;41322315 said:
Just bought 3 games #bigspender

I'm glad you bought the three gears of war games. There the only video games awesome enough for my time. (and anyone else's time)

Was having a tense one vs one with a mate today and he was four kills up. I decided to start playing very aggressive and came back to win 10 - 8. That's how I roll yo. Push me into a corner and I will switch up my play style and own he who stands in my way.

Gears of war 3 is tense as fuck. So good.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Sweet.

Probably gonna want people with MW3 on xbox to add me so I have someone to do the Spec Ops missions with. I dont think my XBL friend group plays it.

Lol @ playing any Call Of Duty after 4.

World at War had a good singleplayer, MW2 and Black Ops were perfectly decent multiplayer games. I haven't touched MW3. I know it's popular to hate on COD nowadays, and for many good reasons, but to suggest that MW2 with a bunch of friends and drinks isn't fun is disingenuous :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
We should def get a Halo group going. I love it but never have anyone to play with since none of my mates actually game like I do (they suck).

Suairyu

Banned
Christ almighty these fucking WiiU threads.

Nintendo fans: it's going to be either equal to or slightly more powerful than a 360. Stop going rabid at the suggestion it isn't a graphical leap forward.

Kentpaul

Add kentpaul09 on xbl. I will kick anyone's ass on gears of war three. There will be no competition only domination and humiliation.

I will sail down all your tears on my vessel of pwnage.

Kentpaul

Super Mario three was the last good Mario game. The wii was only good for the resident evil four port. Wii sports got boring when you realised the controls were not 1.1 and more like pre flick gestures.

My wii gathered dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom