• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd rather be thin and smoke than fat and not.

As it is I'm fat and do/did/whatever/gofuckyourself so I'm shit outta luck.

I find the worst thing about not smoking is the night sweats, especially in summer. As soon as I lay down in bed, BAM, cold sweat. ewwww.

When I gave up smoking and put on weight I thought this all the time, that I should just start smoking again to lose weight. Sure I'd be unhealthy/smelly/poor/at risk from cancer, but I'd be thin again and that's all that mattered, right?

Luckily I stuck with it, and now I'm eating properly, I'm losing weight and still not smoking. Win win!

With recent events showing how fucking cool Prince Harry is, I say we have a UK-GAF meet up in Glasgow, invite Harry, and have Kentpaul as our guide. Shits and giggles would be had.

Juicy Bob

I have to do something important today that I've been too afraid to do until now because I'm a massive wuss. So I'm hoping that by posting this on here, I will now be more inclined to do it, somehow.

No, it's got nothing to do with a girl. Or a boy.

I have to do something important today that I've been too afraid to do until now because I'm a massive wuss. So I'm hoping that by posting this on here, I will now be more inclined to do it, somehow.

You're coming out to your parents?

SmokyDave

You're going to do it, whatever it is. It's not going to be easy, but you'll feel much better afterwards.

If you want to talk about it, whatever it is, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, go forth and slay your dragon.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
With recent events showing how fucking cool Prince Harry is, I say we have a UK-GAF meet up in Glasgow, invite Harry, and have Kentpaul as our guide. Shits and giggles would be had.

shorty would be a better guide. he's from glasgow.

BREAKING BAD. ITS ALL GOING DOWN FTW

SKINNER!

Banned
shorty would be a better guide. he's from glasgow.

BREAKING BAD. ITS ALL GOING DOWN FTW

That's quite an accomplishment considering I only moved to Glasgow back in Feb 2011 dont you think? :p nah, I do know one or two places but I'd definitely need a second Glasgow-Gaffer for recommendations/suggestions.

Spent my high school/uni days on the east-side of Scotland (Fife and then Edinburgh) before I found a job and settled in Glasgow.

Currently listening to: Out in the street they call it...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just had my first super posh parent that after reading the email I thought "Jeremy". Oh please sir, could you email Alfie/Freddie/Charlie's GCSE results to us? We're currently on a boat off a private island and would love to crack open the bubbly.

I hope the boat sinks you bastards.

#welljell

SKINNER!

Banned

CTWw9.gif

Kentpaul

Information

3.20 a pint of strongbow.

Awesome rock music.

Pin ball machine.

the-solid-rock-cafe-glasgow-(by-stuart-crawford).jpg

Cons. Can be hard to find a seat when the place is jam packed.

Pro's

Downstairs rock pool hall.

Mikeside

Just had my first super posh parent that after reading the email I thought "Jeremy". Oh please sir, could you email Alfie/Freddie/Charlie's GCSE results to us? We're currently on a boat off a private island and would love to crack open the bubbly.

#welljell

You gotta start buddying up with these people so we can borrow that island for the next gaf meetup, dawg.

Don't be selfish. Do it for us.

Darren870

So i applied for an IT Apprenticeship with Lloyds Bank, there were 7 vacancies avilable. Had to do an online Numeracy test, which i later found out by email that i passed. Then they invite me to a 'Selection Event' which is now tomorrow.

Anyone know what these usually involve? Or what i should expect?

What field of IT?

£3.20 a pint....wow, would be nice!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I go for ales so the taps become packets of Revels because I have no idea what I'm getting most of the time.

Even union pricing has been failing hard since I've been at uni. Used to be able to get a pint of Tennents (utter shit, but still far better than the likes of carling) for £1.50 when I first started. now it's more like £2something.

Even union pricing has been failing hard since I've been at uni. Used to be able to get a pint of Tennents (utter shit, but still far better than the likes of carling) for £1.50 when I first started. now it's more like £2something.

Oh man, Tennents, are you over 65 and do you wear a flatcap?

Kentpaul

Wetherspoons.. 2 quid average for most pints.

The lack of music though really kills it. Round here you can get good deals with places selling piss cough cough fosters for 2 quid a head.

Reading some of these weed strains in amsterdam ftw Heavy Duty Fruity lmfao. Oh man

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wetherspoons.. 2 quid average for most pints.

The lack of music though really kills it. Round here you can get good deals with places selling piss cough cough fosters for 2 quid a head.

Does not compute. I'm at the pub to talk. If I want to dance I'll stay in my bedroom.

Does not compute. I'm at the pub to talk. If I want to dance I'll stay in my bedroom.

I always feel so out of step with my contemporaries on this one - they don't seem to mind literally not being able to hear each other in the slightest. Some fairly loud music is all right, and obviously in a club you know what you're gonna get, but incredibly loud music in a pub is HORRIBLE. you just sit there in silence nodding at people constantly.

Many a night out has been ruined because of this.

Kentpaul

for weekend drinking before the clubs i like some mini club type pubs.

lasers.jpg

Reach for the lasers BGBW

you can talk fine with music. Just got to shout as you talk.

Kentpaul

what is this? a bar? a pub with a dancefloor? a disco in a social club?

A bar with a dancefloor. Very dark with music and lasers. Just somewhere to go waiting for the club to open yano ?

247907_135918933150029_1533881_n.jpg

My local mini club type bar as i call them.

Kentpaul

Studio Liverpool is no more. Might off myself. Shall I make a thread?

Agreed. Killer_clank gets it too. I also get to dance nude in my room.

All our girlfriends like to dance ect while we all sit and chat. The loud shouting type chatting FTW.

SmokyDave

Blonde on the right would get it.

(Edit: Woah, this is the post equivalent of an inner monologue. I actually meant to post about bars being noisier than pubs but quieter than clubs).

SKINNER!

Banned
Solid Rock Cafe looks amazing!
Hillhead bookclub in the West End of Glasgow is alright too. Quiet during the late afternoon but then slowly gets busier and louder as the night progresses. Has a ping pong table and SNES/Mega drive consoles upstairs. Food is a bit shit though. There's Brewdog opposite the Art Gallery that's good too. In fact, Ashton Lane in the West End has a large collection of bars and lounges.

daviyoung

Banned
A bar with a dancefloor. Very dark with music and lasers. Just somewhere to go waiting for the club to open yano ?

247907_135918933150029_1533881_n.jpg

My local mini club type bar as i call them.

Walkabout is my benchmark for mini bar club pub places, KP. I only go to events these days, clubbing is a chore unless you're already pissed from a day session in a pub.

Kentpaul

Walkabout is my benchmark for mini bar club pub places, KP. I only go to events these days, clubbing is a chore unless you're already pissed from a day session in a pub.

If im going clubbing il leave from the house or hit the town around 7pm.

Suairyu

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good wesbite for cheap weekends in Paris? Will 'need' to go within the next month. Can't do hostels because sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom