• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Lucy Pinder or Lisa Riley.

JddkB.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
No I did actually consider getting my phone out and trying to take a sneaky peak, but I figured that would put me way higher on the perv stakes.

I was walking behind a lady the other day with a spectacularly bouncy and lush bottom. I seriously considered getting my phone out and filming her but then my mind flashed to what I would be doing with said video later, and I don't think I'm ready to plumb those depths of depravity just yet. So I just had a good ol look.

People are pathetic aren't we?

1. It has a purpley pink light on the cover when using the camera.
  2. Like a phone it makes a loud click noise

Also use multi quote ya cheat!

Just for you, I clicked those little plusses this time. I'll never get my numebrs up at this rate!

Have you ever seen a picture taken with a 3DS?!

You wouldn't know if you were looking at Lucy Pinder or Lisa Riley.

I have never even seen a 3DS, it makes my inner 10 year old cry.

OK, fess up 3DS owners, who took a dickpic first thing with their camera? If I had one (a 3DS that is) that's all I would be doing. Dicks and tits and nothing else.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Now that daves lungs are getting a chance to recover i bet hes coughing up some dodgy looking mucus.

Something like that happened to me once i gave up joints.

Darren870

I was walking behind a lady the other day with a spectacularly bouncy and lush bottom. I seriously considered getting my phone out and filming her but then my mind flashed to what I would be doing with said video later, and I don't think I'm ready to plumb those depths of depravity just yet. So I just had a good ol look.

People are pathetic aren't we?

I saw some guy follow an innocent girl doing this in Amsterdam. It was reallllly reallly weird and crept me out.

Don't ever do this :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well if you're going to take a picture surely you'd want to take it from an angle that you don't see everyday. However taking it from the front would see to be a rather awkward thing to do if you're doing it yourself since you can't really line up the shot without a lot of guess work. So in conclusion I don't really see why people need to take a picture of their junk if they're going to be the only ones looking at it. I'll just take pictures of myself pulling silly faces.

Hardly used the 3DS camera beyond the first day. The pictures comes out rubbish because it was designed to be a control input and not a photographer's best friend. Took a picture of some Boris bikes in a rack because woooooo 3D. Face Raiders is what the 3DS camera is for and a great little game at that.

My ol' GameBoy Camera probably got more use because at the time digital cameras were still in their infancy. Also the stamps were funky.

Kentpaul

I hope you perverts go to take a photo and forget to turn the flash off and are exposed for the sexual deviants you people are.

WASPS. Its fucking wasp season FML.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well if you're going to take a picture surely you'd want to take it from an angle that you don't see everyday. However taking it from the front would see to be a rather awkward thing to do if you're doing it yourself since you can't really line up the shot without a lot of guess work. So in conclusion I don't really see why people need to take a picture of their junk if they're going to be the only ones looking at it. I'll just take pictures of myself pulling silly faces.

Hardly used the 3DS camera beyond the first day. The pictures comes out rubbish because it was designed to be a control input and not a photographer's best friend. Took a picture of some Boris bikes in a rack because woooooo 3D. Face Raiders is what the 3DS camera is for and a great little game at that.

My ol' GameBoy Camera probably got more use because at the time digital cameras were still in their infancy. Also the stamps were funky.

Speaking of the GBC, I saw one in a shop the other day for a measley tenner and was very tempted to buy it - would it work on my GBA SP or would I need to track down a clasic brick to use it? There's something about how insanely lo-fi it is that is appealing to me - it's gone through looking shitty and back into awesome, I bet it the prints would look tasty blown up.

Although thinking about it, I have no idea how I'd get the images back off the camera...

I bet my junk would look way cool in monochrome though... sigh

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It will work on an SP but it would awkward to use since the camera will be upside down. Any machine with GB capabilities i.e SP and its ancestors can use it.

As for the photos themselves. The obvious method is using the GameBoy Printer and then scanning them in.

There's an old PC cable that makes the GameBoy think it is printing to the GameBoy Printer that will send the pictures to your PC. However it's W95/98 software and uses an old parallel port.

If you can already take images from your GameBoy you could use that or a TV capture card with a Super GameBoy for the SNES or GameBoy Player for the GCN.

Or you could skip all that and use photoshop to replicate the effect on any photo.

Juicy Bob

Juicy Bob: go for it, man!

You're going to do it, whatever it is. It's not going to be easy, but you'll feel much better afterwards.

If you want to talk about it, whatever it is, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, go forth and slay your dragon.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Especially Dave for that kind offer. :)

Nobody serious would choose PES over FIFA nowadays.
Get out.

Ok, so I get on the tube and for once it's pretty empty so I grab a seat then realise I am sat opposite the most beautiful girl I think I have ever seen. I literally cannot take my eyes off her. Luckily she has her eyes closed for most of the journey so I can get away with perving.

I'm going to write into the Metro rush hour crush section right now.
Oh God. Reminds me of when I first arrived back in the UK from Aus last year. I got to the Tube station with all my stuff to travel to St Pancras and as I was waiting in line to get a ticket from the automated machine thing, the woman in front of me using it turned and asked me if I knew how to make it work. She was gorgeous - tall, with long black hair, a cute face with some of the biggest (but not ridiculously sized) boobs I had ever seen and she was obviously around my age too.

I helped her buy a ticket and then we walked down to the platform together and got on the train and spent the next thirty minutes or so talking. Turned out she was from New Zealand and was stopping in London for a week or so before traveling up to Norway or Sweden or somewhere to teach English, or something. She seemed pretty chill and I think I was doing alright to make a good impression and not creep her out, but of course, me being a Gaffer, I didn't have the bollocks to ask her for her number or anything. Not that it would've made a difference if she was moving to another country, but still. It's not often I find myself talking to and getting to know some random stranger in public like that, let alone a fit one.

SKINNER!

Banned
So, since its Friday, and Musha has yet to mention the golden question, I figured I'd steal her thunder by asking "What's everyone's weekend plans?"

daviyoung

Banned
So, since its Friday, and Musha has yet to mention the golden question, I figured I'd steal her thunder by asking "What's everyone's weekend plans?"

Some Jeremy in my 'hood has gone on holiday and left their low-battery smoke alarm beeping every 30 seconds. I'm going to spend the next three days sorting this out somehow. I like sleeping with the windows open, damnit.

Oh dear, is that really my thing? I didn't realise I was the only one asking, I'm sure other people have! Oh well.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm heading to Finsbury Park for a massive nerf gun battle, I think there's going to be over a hundred of us. The bloke is off to a stag do so not sure what I'm doing in the evening yet.

Sunday I'm supposed to have an audition for a band but I've not heard back from the guy yet. Then I'm off to a Rockabilly fair at Big Red on Holloway Road, then the evening is Age of Panic at Borderline. Monday will be a quiet recovery day.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Working tomorrow - Town v Burnley. Then I'm just gonna be working on my interview presentation.

The fear's starting to set in.

Kentpaul

Some Jeremy in my 'hood has gone on holiday and left their low-battery smoke alarm beeping every 30 seconds. I'm going to spend the next three days sorting this out somehow. I like sleeping with the windows open, damnit.

big_pics%5Cfoam_ear_plugs.jpg

or

Premier_Inn%20big.jpg

or

Valium.jpg

daviyoung

Banned
I'm sorted on two of those, cheers dude. Just seeing it as a community project for myself more than anything. I doubt I'll get any further than finding the culprit house.

Darren870

Some dinner tonight with some friends.
Work in the morning/afternoon tomorrow.

Then the rest of the weekend is errands, unpacking, shopping and crying on how broke I am.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I just discovered that Amanda Harrington exists. My day has become 60% more arousing.

Well there's my productivity down today. Daymn. I'll try to forget she's a scouser.

Starting to get excited for my birthday now but It's hard when I know I've still gotta get through this fucking interview before that happens.

SKINNER!

Banned
Some dinner tonight with some friends.
Work in the morning/afternoon tomorrow.

Then the rest of the weekend is errands, unpacking, shopping and crying on how broke I am.

Man, I'm going to feel your pain next month since I'll have to pay a deposit and 1st month's rent plus some bullshit admin fee for the new flat. Gonna be a struggle to get the full deposit for the old place too. I..just..know it!

Looks like a productive weekend ahead of you Musha. I bet that the nerf gun battle will be just like that paintball episode of Community except with a lot less paint.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
or you could use an S3 and take the photo of the game boys screen.

Pshh get outta here with your pauper's app store. I'll take being able to do stuff with my phone cheers :p

Phone wars are so much more brutal than even the SNES/Mega Drive wars of my youth...

My bitter, evil, hateful nan is coming down from oop north, so we're getting the famalam together to subtly take the piss out of her as we do every year. This year I'm looking forward to my bald, gay uncle ripping the piss out of my for my own shiny dome as I have done to him since I learned to talk. And then nan's gonna criticise my beard, ask my if my tattoos are new and then fawn over my wife who she adores.

Oh dear, is that really my thing? I didn't realise I was the only one asking, I'm sure other people have! Oh well.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm heading to Finsbury Park for a massive nerf gun battle, I think there's going to be over a hundred of us. The bloke is off to a stag do so not sure what I'm doing in the evening yet.

Sunday I'm supposed to have an audition for a band but I've not heard back from the guy yet. Then I'm off to a Rockabilly fair at Big Red on Holloway Road, then the evening is Age of Panic at Borderline. Monday will be a quiet recovery day.

That sounds proper epic. A nerf fight of that size is a logistical nightmare though, how do you know which are your bullets to retrieve??

Having a good day so far. My boss just retired for real today, so I've had bubbly and cake for the second day running before lunch, followed by some yummy scampi and chips. Now I'm in my office by myself sorting out remarks for entitled toffs and singing along to my ipod. Good times!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh! Also
post count +1
there is actually an app that replicates the gameboy camera. Awesome, there IS an app for that. No idea if it's on the Android wasteland though.

EDIT: it's called the 8-Bit camera or something

Looks like a productive weekend ahead of you Musha. I bet that the nerf gun battle will be just like that paintball episode of Community except with a lot less paint.

I have no idea what you're talking about so I'll just smile and nod.

That sounds proper epic. A nerf fight of that size is a logistical nightmare though, how do you know which are your bullets to retrieve??

Having a good day so far. My boss just retired for real today, so I've had bubbly and cake for the second day running before lunch, followed by some yummy scampi and chips. Now I'm in my office by myself sorting out remarks for entitled toffs and singing along to my ipod. Good times!

Umm I guess everyone is just going to have to be honest and only take as many bullets as they went in with? I'm borrowing a friend's gun and ammo so I hope I don't lose many!

Bubbly, cake, scampi..... damn I'm jealous. Just finishing my fourth week of my diet. Lost another pound today though, so that's 11lbs so far. 9lbs to go if I'm sticking with my original target, but I may still move my goalposts.

Mikeside

You're just butthurt that Steve Jobs is dead, but the automated GoogleBots(TM) will live on forever, enslaving the human race and crushing Apple forever.

I love my Android phone & tablet :p

...anyway, weekend plans.

No idea about tomorrow - maybe a day of Darksiders II and relaxing, then Sunday is a full 12 hour Necromunda session, where I'll be trying my damnest to get my grenade launcher spewing hot death in some inconvenient places.

Am hoping to get some writing done on Monday, but I've just started reading 1Q84 and I think I should finish that first because it's fantastic and I'd like it to rub off on me a little before I commit anything to paper.

Mr. Sam

I'll be watching the titans of Charlton Athletic meet the giants of Hull, making both seem normal sized, in what is already being described as one of the many games of football on this weekend.

Mikeside

I'll be watching the titans of Charlton Athletic meet the giants of Hull, making both seem normal sized, in what is already being described as one of the many games of football on this weekend.

FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL! Every kick of it massively mattering to someone, presumably!

daviyoung

Banned
I hope you lot understand how it impacts our image to the ROTW when they come into this thread and see that we talk about everything except football.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You're just butthurt that Steve Jobs is dead, but the automated GoogleBots(TM) will live on forever, enslaving the human race and crushing Apple forever.

I love my Android phone & tablet :p

...anyway, weekend plans.

No idea about tomorrow - maybe a day of Darksiders II and relaxing, then Sunday is a full 12 hour Necromunda session, where I'll be trying my damnest to get my grenade launcher spewing hot death in some inconvenient places.

Am hoping to get some writing done on Monday, but I've just started reading 1Q84 and I think I should finish that first because it's fantastic and I'd like it to rub off on me a little before I commit anything to paper.

I'm very pragmatic about my choice of phone/tab, in that I'm only interested in the platform with the most/best software. I'm almost entirely hardware agnostic, but the software available on iOS trumps android far and away. Of course it may be that my android buddies are just idiots who don't know the good apps, but I'm never particularly impressed when I look at their stuff. On the other hand, whenever I have people over, the iPad is in constant use from people messing with my gadgets.

As for writing, I find that I can't/don't read prose when I'm novelling. I think it's just psychological to me, but I don't want to be subconsciously stealing ideas. And also, sometimes you read something SO GOOD that it's almost disheartening going back to your keyboard and lumpy prose.

Suairyu, change your avatar back :( I don't respond well to change!

Also, I really don't understand 'wars' of any kind when it comes to hardware. I'll probably stick with iPhones for years to come, but I would be remiss if I tried to insist that they were objectively better than any Android phone, or vice versa. In the scheme of things worth choosing a side over, this is very near the bottom.

EDIT: I can be a girl if Musha abandons us. I scrub up well and can very easily start referring to my male friends as 'the blokes'.

SmokyDave

I can't help but feel you might be simplifying it somewhat.

Re-reading my post, I can't see anything obvious that I've missed. There is an inaccuracy though, it's 21 men running around the pitch and then 2 more standing at opposite ends between some sticks.

I don't mean to get arsey but I'm pretty much an expert on this stuff. I could tell the difference between a football and a rugby ball blindfolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom