• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man can't wait for another highly original installment of New Super Mario Brothers!!!!!!

I can't wait for Zelda. I mean I can't wait to play a game with basically the same game mechanics with basically the same story as every other one since OoT (which was a great game).

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Bollocks.

I'm sorry I was to busy shooting the shit with my friends on xbox live playing the latest and greatest at the time to look further into the wii selection. I did have a good time playing resident evil four wii. Shooting flying axes with ease.

Salvadora

I'm sorry I was to buy shooting the shit with my friends on xbox live playing the latest and greatest at the time to look further into the wii selection. I did have a good time playing resident evil four. Shooting flying axes with ease.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are the best games this generation.

Guys, please don't suggest that most of the main Nintendo games are highly repetitive / iterative. Yenrot might get upset!
Of course people will call you out if you spout bullshit again

Aw, Salvadora, I liked you :( For what it's worth, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are two of my favourite games ever. I must have completed Lylat Wars dozens of times, played Pokemon Stadium as much as any of the Gameboy versions, and loved Goldeneye to bits. I'm no Nintendo hater.

Suairyu

Banned
As someone who has played Gears 1 and 2, Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Resident Evil 4 Wii, I can safely say that SMG 1 and 2 are indeed in the top 5 this generation. Definitely better than Gears, probably better than Halo. RE4 is last gen so who cares.

ODDLY ENOUGH, since hacking my Wii to play emulators and movies, it's actually become my most used console.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Super Mario three was the last good Mario game. The wii was only good for the resident evil four port. Wii sports got boring when you realised the controls were not 1.1 and more like pre flick gestures.

My wii gathered dust.

Oh, bog off Kentpaul ...

(I interject here to state that this is a common expression in the Uk and is used predominantly in an endearing fashion, not that I am necessarily using it that way here)

... where was I? ...

Oh yeah. All this "Wii was only good for" crap. Ever played the stunning Endless Ocean, NMH, Dangerous Creatures, Little King's Story?

And when it comes to Wii Sports, you ever tried pulling off a proper drop shot in Tennis? It's never explained, never documented, but is there and is subtle. Or play WSR golf? Closest golf sim there is, bar none.

You talk crap m'boy. In the nicest possible sense of course.

Suairyu

Banned
PsiSheep, import Fishing Resort from the States. Open world fishing with day/night cycle. It's such an amazing game. Feels like a proper holiday.

Anyway, thanks for the help earlier, chaps. We're thinking of going via Eurostar during the first week of October, mid-week. Amazing deals on Expedia.

Two three-quarter days spent in Paris and one full day in EuroDisney because we support capitalism. (this trip originally came up as a replacement to discovering how fuck-off expensive Alton Towers is)

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(this trip originally came up as a replacement to discovering how fuck-off expensive Alton Towers is)

Alton Towers used to be damn good value out of season though (and out of season is the only time I ever go anywhere). Every time after finishing a ride get straight to the front of the (queue? what queue?) for next time around.

Don't know if it is still like that, but November used to be prime time for me. Plus, awesome model railway layout there.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
As someone who has played Gears 1 and 2, Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Resident Evil 4 Wii, I can safely say that SMG 1 and 2 are indeed in the top 5 this generation. Definitely better than Gears, probably better than Halo. RE4 is last gen so who cares.

ODDLY ENOUGH, since hacking my Wii to play emulators and movies, it's actually become my most used console.

You played the single player at most. I spent hundreds of hours having a good time with friends on the gears of war and halo three multilayer.. Having a tense game of infection on halo three was amazing.

Pulling an awesome head shot on gears is the best feeling gaming has to offer.

SKINNER!

Banned
I don't play footie games but wasn't the Wii version of PES meant to be pretty good since you could control your whole team rather than just the one with the ball.

Its online multiplayer was horrendous.

EDIT: Was listening to this at the gym today. Really gets you going. Love this friggin' band.

Suairyu

Banned
Am I the only UK-GAFer who gets up at 7am just so he can have half an hour playing games and checking GAF? This place is dead in the mornings.

You played the single player at most. I spent hundreds of hours having a good time with friends on the gears of war and halo three multilayer.. Having a tense game of infection on halo three was amazing.
Hours of Gears 1 and 2 multiplayer, bro. Try again.

Suairyu

Banned
o god

ogod2qct9.jpg

I guess the answer is "yes"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How did I get into the top five? Pretty sure I wasn't in the top ten at one point.

I wake up a seven and catch up on a thread. By the time I've read it all I usually have to get ready for work. No time for games.

EDIT: And now you just changed your avatar. Guess you don't see youself as a
ibdiJqyyAxQuRq.png
anymore.

SmokyDave

Am I the only UK-GAFer who gets up at 7am just so he can have half an hour playing games and checking GAF? This place is dead in the mornings.

Hours of Gears 1 and 2 multiplayer, bro. Try again.
Nah, I do exactly the same thing. Wake, shower, brew coffee, half hour on GAF or the iCade, leave for work.

I never post at that time because I'm barely there upstairs.

Day 3 as a non-smoker and I feel like giving up is / was a piece of piss. Not sure if that's complacency setting in but this is now the longest I've gone without a cigarette and I feel fucking great. Woohoo!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hardly use GAF mobile since I don't have 3G and I can easily use my laptop at work.

I did try loading a page while at a coffee shop and then walking off but then you get to the end of the page and realise you can't continue or reply. And most free WiFi hotspots are so finicky. Sometimes my phone can't even connect to them.

I should check if my avatar works on GAF mobile.

Ok, so I get on the tube and for once it's pretty empty so I grab a seat then realise I am sat opposite the most beautiful girl I think I have ever seen. I literally cannot take my eyes off her. Luckily she has her eyes closed for most of the journey so I can get away with perving.

I'm going to write into the Metro rush hour crush section right now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And they are also gradients. I can't even tell myself because I forgot GAF highlights ones own posts. Though that does get round the issue that it was been a bit harder to quickly scroll though a page looking for my posts. Perhaps I should install that Chrome extension.

daviyoung

Banned
Day 3 as a non-smoker and I feel like giving up is / was a piece of piss. Not sure if that's complacency setting in but this is now the longest I've gone without a cigarette and I feel fucking great. Woohoo!

Nice one. Three days was a hump for me, then two weeks, then every time I go to a pub. Once you make it through those you'll be fine, just keep resist dem cravings.

Musha, I need pics of that btw.

SteveWD40

Ok, so I get on the tube and for once it's pretty empty so I grab a seat then realise I am sat opposite the most beautiful girl I think I have ever seen. I literally cannot take my eyes off her. Luckily she has her eyes closed for most of the journey so I can get away with perving.

iHWau.gif

SmokyDave

Nice one. Three days was a hump for me, then two weeks, then every time I go to a pub. Once you make it through those you'll be fine, just keep resist dem cravings.

Musha, I need pics of that btw.
Yeah, I've been warned about the 2 week hump by everyone that's quit. Not looking forward to it. I'll get my first pub test tomorrow but I think it's still early enough that I'll pass. Hopefully!

3 days is nothing, it hit my mother and father bad after about 2 weeks.

Stay vigilant brother.
My mum quit for 10 years and then relapsed and now smokes more than ever. I'm aware that as soon as I think I've 'won', I'm in the most danger. Quitting has given me serious respect for nicotine, shit's lethal. I'm going to do this though, failure ain't an option.

Great stuff SmokeyDave :) Once you reach that 1 week milestone it should be plain sailing after that. Have you substituted your smoking with something else like chewing gum?
Nah, no NRT, just cold turkey. Makes me feel badass and helps keep me on track!

There's some sort of modelling agency in the same building as my office. Shit's bananas. Some women are so attractive they appear to warp the world around them.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
o god

ogod2qct9.jpg

I guess the answer is "yes"

Holy shitting fuck guys, that is unreal. I'm both glad and sad that I didn't make the top ten. I still have no idea how I made the last iOS thread top ten. I tend to read more than I post, although I do compose a million "no, u" posts in my head without dropping them.

New resolution, post more, beat kentpaul. I can do this.

Be back in ten :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Nah, I do exactly the same thing. Wake, shower, brew coffee, half hour on GAF or the iCade, leave for work.

I never post at that time because I'm barely there upstairs.

Way to go man, day three is that threshold for me when I feel mostly over it. But by that point it's the weekend, I go pick up and the cycle starts again on monday...!

C'est la vie

(just realised this was way less than ten mins from my last post. #madstax)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Did you have a 3DS on you??

(three in a row, boom!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom