• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

Used to play rugby (union, obviously) for school and the local club during my teenage years. Brilliant sport. We were shit but it didn't matter. We were a team and we were bros. Good times.

Mikeside

I'm very pragmatic about my choice of phone/tab, in that I'm only interested in the platform with the most/best software. I'm almost entirely hardware agnostic, but the software available on iOS trumps android far and away. Of course it may be that my android buddies are just idiots who don't know the good apps, but I'm never particularly impressed when I look at their stuff. On the other hand, whenever I have people over, the iPad is in constant use from people messing with my gadgets.

As for writing, I find that I can't/don't read prose when I'm novelling. I think it's just psychological to me, but I don't want to be subconsciously stealing ideas. And also, sometimes you read something SO GOOD that it's almost disheartening going back to your keyboard and lumpy prose.

I really like my iTouch - though it seems to slow down a lot unless I keep wiping it - but I hate the ugly wall of apps, not being able to fuck about with it with different ROMs etc. and not being able make it look pretty (I spend too long messing with my Android homescreens) and I HATE iTunes like you wouldn't believe. I've tried so hard to love it. Infact, I DID love it at one point, but it constantly hangs, crashes and eats RAM like crazy.

I've not found anything on iOS that I want that isn't on Android, save for a few games (God damn you, Assassin's Creed: Recollection)

As for writing - I didn't know you did. Any examples I could read? Same goes for everyone here, actually. Would be great to see some UK GAF lit.

I've done all the prep work I can handle on this book and I really need to get started. Any tips on procrastination? I keep meaning to look up ways to avoid it but, you know.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I really like my iTouch - though it seems to slow down a lot unless I keep wiping it - but I hate the ugly wall of apps, not being able to fuck about with it with different ROMs etc. and not being able make it look pretty (I spend too long messing with my Android homescreens) and I HATE iTunes like you wouldn't believe. I've tried so hard to love it. Infact, I DID love it at one point, but it constantly hangs, crashes and eats RAM like crazy.

I've not found anything on iOS that I want that isn't on Android, save for a few games (God damn you, Assassin's Creed: Recollection)

As for writing - I didn't know you did. Any examples I could read? Same goes for everyone here, actually. Would be great to see some UK GAF lit.

I've done all the prep work I can handle on this book and I really need to get started. Any tips on procrastination? I keep meaning to look up ways to avoid it but, you know.

FFT sez 'hi' :p

as for writing, I have a blog for short stories and have a couple up there (these are from GAF comps), but both novels I started I never finished. One day my space zombie epic will be complete! Here's my blog though: http://occasionalwritings.wordpress.com/

Mr. Sam

There's software you can download that will block off your internet browser for however long, isn't there? Otherwise, smash all your electronics, burn all your books, alienate all your friends, etc.

Mikeside

There's software you can download that will block off your internet browser for however long, isn't there? Otherwise, smash all your electronics, burn all your books, alienate all your friends, etc.

Anyone who puts that software anywhere my computer will die a savage death. I warn you now.

OK so this is probably most of my problem right here.

SKINNER!

Banned
To the non-football fans, which sport is your favourite?

I adore watching any sport (even football and cricket) so long as it's with a group of people and everyone is into it. I tagged along on a road trip with my friends to watch a Newcastle United home game and I really enjoyed it. Quite a friendly atmosphere (possibly because they won but still).

My 3 favourite sports are:-

fc141aovetkobles.gif

calvin-johnson12.jpg

01BOS.jpg

By the way, can't believe Amanda Harrington was born in 1981. She looks fiiiiiiiiiine son!

I've only just come back from a GAF ban - never again!

I watched some of the BMXing at the Olympics and found it really enjoyable. Is there much shown on TV/online that I can look out for?

Not much on normal tv unfortunately, not popular enough. If you have sky try the extreme sports channel. Online Freecaster.tv is really good.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought Wipeout Pulse for PS2. Only had the original, 2097 and 3 SE up til now. Now to talk myself out of getting a PS3 just for HD Fury and Pure.

Mikeside

Just bought Wipeout Pulse for PS2. Only had the original, 2097 and 3 SE up til now. Now to talk myself out of getting a PS3 just for HD Fury and Pure.

HD and Fury are great games. As is 2048 (with the HD and Fury tracks, too!)

I actually just finished customizing my Nexus 7 tablet with a Wipeout theme in honour of Studio Liverpool

Lockscreen

...and Main screen.

I still have a few bits to add to that main screen (time, battery level, power controls), but I'm basically done :)

Let's see somebody make this on an iPad :p :p :p

SKINNER!

Banned
*cough* F-Zero series is better *cough*

nah, I'm just messing :p Wipeout is a great series and I found the PS3 ones quite challenging too.

If only the arcade version that was in Hackers was real :( Love me some arcade gaming.

At the risk of getting into a gun control debate here and attracting some American invaders, I'm 100% for it, but worry that it's too late to implement such a policy now when so many people already have them - its effectiveness would surely be limited (maybe not in public, where you could make stricter carry laws, but they would still be used in domestic attacks, etc.)

Lirlond

You can get a gun in the UK you know. Theres a hunting shotgun in my house. It's not exactly difficult either, I'm thinking of applying for my own.

Mr. Sam

On the less political side of things, WipEout HD Fury is indeed balls to the wall awesome. If I win a Vita in a competition or find one in the street or something, I'll definitely be getting WipEout 2048.

Am I stupid for wanting a Gameboy Advance SP? I just got paid - they're going for about £20 on eBay (on which I've just had to make a new profile because it's spontaneously changed my password). I've got so many games to play as is but I need some Super Mario Land in my life.

On the less political side of things, WipEout HD Fury is indeed balls to the wall awesome. If I win a Vita in a competition or find one in the street or something, I'll definitely be getting WipEout 2048.

Am I stupid for wanting a Gameboy Advance SP? I just got paid - they're going for about £20 on eBay (on which I've just had to make a new profile because it's spontaneously changed my password). I've got so many games to play as is but I need some Super Mario Land in my life.

I really want to get a disc copy of Wipeout HD/Fury. I still don't fully trust DDs on consoles to survive from one generation to the next.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This is getting genuinely unsettling. Are you me?

I know, it's creepy. I always thought my particular mix of pop culture influence was unique, but you are like my bizarro double. The android devices are your backwards S.

How Los Camps geeky are you? Have you been subbing to Heat Rash? The biannual new songs are keeping me obsessed. Love their last album but that track they put on the website (Tiptoe through the true bits I think it was called) was sublime.

Follow up question: Slow Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom