• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

I know, it's creepy. I always thought my particular mix of pop culture influence was unique, but you are like my bizarro double. The android devices are your backwards S.

How Los Camps geeky are you? Have you been subbing to Heat Rash? The biannual new songs are keeping me obsessed. Love their last album but that track they put on the website (Tiptoe through the true bits I think it was called) was sublime.

Follow up question: Slow Club?

I subscribed to Heat Rash for Suz, but I don't think she much likes the new stuff - I'll have to nick the vinyls off of her and have a listen :)

Have seen them a few times (though always at festivals)

Have heard Slow Club (I think from Lewis), but not a huuuge fan.

Have you listened to that new Of Monsters and Men track? I'm loving that at the moment.

Edit: I need to get you on Facebook or something for more comic and music chat, you're good people.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm here. Just got back from a lame night out. And by lame I mean nothing happened. I really gotta start hanging out with party animals or something.

I'm still up. Just finished watching Step Up. Channing Tatum is so hot.

And I just remembered you're all guys. Dammit we really need some more girls in this thread. I mean I enjoy being token but the testosterone in here can be stifling at times.

Suairyu

Banned
And I just remembered you're all guys. Dammit we really need some more girls in this thread. I mean I enjoy being token but the testosterone in here can be stifling at times.
Nearly all my friends are girls and we have sleepovers where we paint each other's nails, have face masks and watch Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, Bridesmaids and How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days.

Your move.

I've been known to look great in a dress with my womanly legs, if that helps? A few fancy dress parties too many.

In other news, who's watching the House Party on 4? Enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This is what I just did with the last hour. How high am I? Answers on a postcard

AQcZQ.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
dem dilated pupils jesus son

Watching the new AVGN video guys, fucking amazing.

Yeah I wasn't expecting them to be so blown out. Tbh I think it's mostly due to having the camera a few mms from my face, but I'm sure da herb helped. Stop frame animation is something I only get into while super high.

Darren870

So where is the cheapest place to buy home furnishings? Irons, toasters, bins, vacuums etc?

Argos
Robert Dyas
Ikea

Any others?

London of course...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Yeah, I'd go Amazon or similar.

If you really NEED the stuff today then try Tesco or Asda

I support this movement. I want my cash going to walmart instead of a local establishment. I'm tired of the "High Street" Plus i love going into a supermarket to buy a tube of pringles and coming out with a full bags full of awesome stuff.

Sat on the tube in combats and war paint with a giant nerf gun strapped to my backpack.

Getting so many odd looks. I didn't think this through properly.

So where is the cheapest place to buy home furnishings? Irons, toasters, bins, vacuums etc?

Argos
Robert Dyas
Ikea

Any others?

London of course...

Try a Currys or Ikea. I think your closest Ikea is in Neasden/Wembley, you will need a car to get there.

Otherwise, yeah, Amazon.

Yea, going to check out Ikea. No car though, so I'll train/bus it and see what delivery looks like.

Well Ikea don't do very many electricals from what I remember, but if you are looking for soft furnishings like curtains and bedding then it's great. Otherwise it would be wasted trip, a long one too since Neasden is a mission to get to by public transport.

Check out a Currys or a Comet, they will probably have everything you need.

I've been looking for similar things recently- bed sheets, towels, pots, plates etc. Amazon and Ikea seem horribly expensive. Argos oddly seems to have most of what I need for a good price.

Darren870

I've been looking for similar things recently. Amazon and Ikea seem horribly expensive. Argos oddly seems to have most of what I need for a good price.

Yea, Argos is just a little more then Robert Dyas for some things. So I will be mixing and matching.

Love working on saturdays ....

Yea, Argos is just a little more then Robert Dyas for some things. So I will be mixing and matching.

Love working on saturdays ....

Never heard of Robert Dyas myself, I'll check them out!

Edit: no wonder I've never heard of them- the nearest store is 86 miles away! God bless you online shopping!

Darren870

Never heard of Robert Dyas myself, I'll check them out!

Edit: no wonder I've never heard of them- the nearest store is 86 miles away! God bless you online shopping!

Hhaah that could do it... Its mostly the electrical stuff that they are cheaper in.

Meh, i hate home furnishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom