• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's my 4th anniversary with my girlfriend next Friday.

So far, I've planned to take us out to dinner on the Friday.
We're going to FINALLY go and have dinner at the place I was going to take her on our first date - except on our first date I picked her up and on the drive to the place she threw up all over my work's car (which I had borrowed so she wouldn't have to see my shit motor straight away - SWAGGER.) so we just went to my place where she cleaned up and we had a pizza.

We're not getting each other presents - just both taking each other somewhere. I'm doing the dinner and then she's taking us away somewhere for a day of something (she won't tell me what)

D'you think I should be doing more? I honestly can't think of anything else, what with us being away for Saturday and most of Sunday doing her thing.

Nope, that sounds very sweet and romantic. Reap those rewards son!

I too am reaping rewards this week. It's Mrs Sniv's birthday so I gave her £120 to carry on her tattoo (a Tara McPherson design, looks lovely, I'll post pics later), taking her out to a nice restaurant in the week and then to a roller disco on saturday. So many husband points, I don't even know how to spend them... and she's so cute when she's happy! :)

I am clearly not doing it right. 6 year anniversary next month, if I don't arrange something we'll end up doing nothing. How do your other halves get you to do this stuff???

Mr. Sam

Does anybody want to come with me to a free screening of Jaws at the Greenwich Yacht Club tomorrow night? We can pretend it's our anniversary if you like. Though you never know - my friends might just get back to me. Maybe.

Mikeside

Nope, that sounds very sweet and romantic. Reap those rewards son!

I too am reaping rewards this week. It's Mrs Sniv's birthday so I gave her £120 to carry on her tattoo (a Tara McPherson design, looks lovely, I'll post pics later), taking her out to a nice restaurant in the week and then to a roller disco on saturday. So many husband points, I don't even know how to spend them... and she's so cute when she's happy! :)

Awesome - can't wait to see the tattoo design!
I didn't even know roller discos still existed? Awesome. If only I had the co-ordination to dance, let alone on wheels, I'd be all over that!

I am clearly not doing it right. 6 year anniversary next month, if I don't arrange something we'll end up doing nothing. How do your other halves get you to do this stuff???

Suzy rules with an iron fist. That and I'm a straight up old romantic, I guess?

<sad violins> I've had some shitty relationships where I've been basically ignored so I try to put a lot of thought and effort into gifts and general relationship stuff. </sad violins>
It works out pretty well. So many boyfriend points.

xptoxyz

It's been two years since this government has been formed and I don't recall any in that time. Vince Cable had his pull reduced (and made a good number of civil servants move department) after he shot his mouth off to some undercover journalists and David Laws got dropped altogether over an expenses scandal; otherwise it's been a surprisingly stable cabinet as far as I can recall.

Thanks, I think I misread, there seems to have been some changes in 2011 but in the Departments of State not the cabinet itself?

Hard to keep up with the politics of all these countries, let's go ahead with the United Earth Government (lol).

Suairyu

Banned
I haven't had a definitive "do you want to go out with me?" relationship start point since high school. I have no idea how to even mark an anniversary.

SmokyDave

Just got in, really drunk, and work in about 6 hours. Huh. Probably a good time to service my new bike.

Oral sex. Muchly, often, and without regard for appearances.

image.php

Suairyu

Banned
I had another GAF dream last night. I got a tag, but I didn't like it.

Incidentally, that Daily Mail article about the drowned boy who had a Sonic the Hedgehog-themed funeral takes me back. Hell, I still think a Sonic funeral for myself would be the tits.

Day we met. Friday 13th. Says it all really. We've been together since then.
How do you even remember that shit? When I meet someone for the first time, the last thing I do is file the date away in case I start dating them.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I lucked out here I guess. The anniversary of my girlfriend and I getting together is my birthday.

The last two years she's taken me to a theme park. :)

Mikeside

How do you even remember that shit? When I meet someone for the first time, the last thing I do is file the date away in case I start dating them.

You wouldn't remember if you met somebody and started dating on a Friday the 13th?

I'd probably remember that simply because it's a pretty good story to tell people and such.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I lucked out here I guess. The anniversary of my girlfriend and I getting together is my birthday.

The last two years she's taken me to a theme park. :)

Ha yeah me too. Although we've now switched our official anniversary to the wedding, so I get to enjoy my birthday properly again :p

Mikeside

Ha yeah me too. Although we've now switched our official anniversary to the wedding, so I get to enjoy my birthday properly again :p

You lucky bastards - hooking up on your birthday.

You should drive past the restaurant to a pizza place.

LOL - I told Suzy you suggested this and she laughed in that way that says "hahaha, this is all well and good as a funny joke now but if this happens I will attack your face with burning hot pizza cheese" so we'll probably just go to the restaurant :)

Good effort with ManU, this weekend btw. D'you think we're going to get it together this season? It's my first full season as a supporter and it's not startred well!!

A local pizza place at that, Fuck chain food.

To keep things entirely accurate, I would have to get a Dominos then get nervous thus skin up and get hugely stoned before it arrives and only manage 2 slices before I couldn't stomach anymore...

Yeah, I'm kind of a classy dude.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

If we ever leave Taiwan permanently (and of course, get married) I guess I'll suggest that too. My birthday's in December and that's not fun in Scotland with the 3 hours of light you get. Whereas here in Taiwan it's been 20-25c for my birthday in the last two years so you can actually do stuff.

SKINNER!

Banned
All this talk about anniversaries and gf/wives. As an independent single man, how am I suppose to contribute to this thread? :S

SmokyDave

Man I had a killer hangover this morning. The ride to work blasted off most of the cobwebs but I'm still kinda fuzzy 'round the edges. Too old to get hammered on a school night :(

A local pizza place at that, Fuck chain food.

Domino's.
Pizza Hut.
Burger King.
McDonalds.
Fayre 'n' Square.
Beefeater.
Flaming Grill.

These are all chains that I will happily eat at. I just don't give a fuck.

Man I had a killer hangover this morning. The ride to work blasted off most of the cobwebs but I'm still kinda fuzzy 'round the edges. Too old to get hammered on a school night :(

Domino's.
Pizza Hut.
Burger King.
McDonalds.
Fayre 'n' Square.
Beefeater.
Flaming Grill.

These are all chains that I will happily eat at. I just don't give a fuck.

You missed KFC. And Harvester.

SmokyDave

You missed KFC. And Harvester.

It's not an exhaustive list!

The KFC's in and around Notts are just rank. I'm not suggesting BK & McD are the cleanest places in the world but KFC looks like a 19th century field hospital. I can't bring myself to eat there no matter how nice the chicken may be.

Oh man, I want a Subway now.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
KFC is pretty meh, Though anything dipped into there awesome gravy tastes amazing

41570_35142731174_177_n.jpg

So good.

KFC-6-pcs-Crispy-Chicken-Strips1.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got in the habit of getting Subways on a Wednesday due to their old sub of the day offers. I wonder if they've ever had anyone turn down the 1p drink with a £3 meal.

Suairyu

Banned
GUYS

SCIENCE GUYS

I need to build a simple circuit with a small bulb (torch bulb? 1.5v?)

I get the science - cell, copper wire, bulb - but don't know the components.

I'll need a way to connect the battery to the wire to the bulb. In school we had battery and bulb holders and did everything by crocodile clips. Where does one get these?

Need to be able to obtain everything by Thursday.

I got in the habit of getting Subways on a Wednesday due to their old sub of the day offers. I wonder if they've ever had anyone turn down the 1p drink with a £3 meal.
I much prefer their 24/7 £3 "lunch" deal. Choice is good!

Mikeside

All this talk about anniversaries and gf/wives. As an independent single man, how am I suppose to contribute to this thread? :S

With my all new invention - the wankiversary!
Pick a date and show yourself a good time - take yourself out on a date. Maybe go out to a movie, maybe order a KFC or have a nice steak, maybe even go to a theme park. But at the end of the day, defile yourself like it's the apocalypse and all you've got is spankwire and a tube of vaseline to see in the end of days.

A penny saved, my dear man.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
GUYS

SCIENCE GUYS

I need to build a simple circuit with a small bulb (torch bulb? 1.5v?)

I get the science - cell, copper wire, bulb - but don't know the components.

I'll need a way to connect the battery to the wire to the bulb. In school we had battery and bulb holders and did everything by crocodile clips. Where does one get these?

Need to be able to obtain everything by Thursday.

Oh for goodness' sake. Anything where you get a direct contact will do it (Sellotape, yes; superglue, no). Go for Duct tape if you must, because EVERYTHING looks better with duct tape on it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
First day at the new job? of course I'm browsing GAF instead of working.

KFC is pretty meh, Though anything dipped into there awesome gravy tastes amazing

41570_35142731174_177_n.jpg

So good.

KFC-6-pcs-Crispy-Chicken-Strips1.jpg

Got one of those new Nacho Stacker box meals the other day. Not bad.
I've pretty much eaten everything KFC have made in the last 10 years. Fucking love me some colnel.

Suairyu

Banned
Oh for goodness' sake. Anything where you get a direct contact will do it (Sellotape, yes; superglue, no). Go for Duct tape if you must, because EVERYTHING looks better with duct tape on it.
Is this WORK SAFE? I mean, I know about electrical tape etc. and considered it, but the health and safety gives me pause for thought.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Tell me more about this, what's different to other box meals?

The burger has a "new" tomatoey kinda salsa-ey a tad spicy sauce. Then under the top bun there's a giant nacho the size of the bun.

Other than that it's a standard burger box meal. They did something similar maybe last year, but in the form of a wrap, and it didn't have this sauce.

daviyoung

Banned
Is it the same salsa they put in the salsa twisters?

Doesn't matter, the crisp sandwich idea sold me. I'll be checking it tonight since my cupboard is bare.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've only had standard chicken, chicken strips and spicy wings at KFC. Yeah, I'm not very experimental.

Mikeside

I've only had standard chicken, chicken strips and spicy wings at KFC. Yeah, I'm not very experimental.

All you need is a big box of hot wings and a drink.
If you need chips with that, gravy is a must.

...though that XL burger thing is pretty damn tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom