• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuderia

Yeah 3 episodes every few years isn't exactly the best.

That's the thing with British TV too, we never seem to run things into the ground, which is obviously a good thing, but i still want more most of the time :(

14 Episodes of the Office compared to the American's 176.

14 Episodes of Spaced.

13 Episodes of Extras.

6 Episodes of Sherlock so far.

That's the thing with British TV too, we never seem to run things into the ground, which is obviously a good thing, but i still want more most of the time :(

14 Episodes of Spaced.

13 Episodes of Extras.

Probably around 800 episodes of Doctor Who. (Serials were split back in the day)

siddhu33

Where do you live: Birmingham
Where are you from: Dudley
University: University of Birmingham
Sports team of choice: Hah, please.
Current political party of choice: Labour
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Crusty cob.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who
Oasis or Blur: Ewww.

English nightclubs are disgraceful. Gypsy TV programmes make me uncomfortable. Our media makes me cry.

It's all about the bouncers program from ITV. Just has clips of drunks getting pushed.

Mikeside

14 Episodes of Spaced.

13 Episodes of Extras.

Always leave 'em wanting more.

Though it does hurt, not having Spaced season 3 or Black Books season 4.

I guess Shaun of the Dead is essentially Spaced season 3.

Juicy Bob

14 Episodes of Spaced.

13 Episodes of Extras.

It's true.

6 episodes of The Day Today.

12 episodes of Fawlty Towers.

12 episodes of Phoenix Nights.

The series that leave you wanting more are always best.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My awesome band Parachute for Gordo are gonna be playing a rollicking awesome show in Aldershot, 29th September (which is a saturday) at the West End Centre. Any and all GAF are most welcome :) Aldershot is a mainline station from London, very easy to get to.

My awesome band Parachute for Gordo are gonna be playing a rollicking awesome show in Aldershot, 29th September (which is a saturday) at the West End Centre. Any and all GAF are most welcome :) Aldershot is a mainline station from London, very easy to get to.

That's Eurogamer :( keep us updated with your gigs though, I'll definitely come along to one when I'm free

Mikeside

I'd go, but that's Eurogamer weekend, bro!

I wanna know what the plan is for Eurogamer Expo. I'd love to come down. You guys should plan a meet-up for Saturday and we can all go see Jedeye forget all the words to his songs!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I wanna know what the plan is for Eurogamer Expo. I'd love to come down. You guys should plan a meet-up for Saturday and we can all go see Jedeye forget all the words to his songs!

Even better, there are no words :)

Aldershot is just 50 mins from Waterloo on the train, that's all I'm saying...

This deffo means I can't make Eurogamer then. Oh well, I shall have to cope by having people tell me how awesome I am for an evening. Sigh...

Even better, there are no words :)

Aldershot is just 50 mins from Waterloo on the train, that's all I'm saying...

This deffo means I can't make Eurogamer then. Oh well, I shall have to cope by having people tell me how awesome I am for an evening. Sigh...

No words? What?

So are you coming to the meet up instead then?

Suairyu

Banned
To make the day even more awkward after penis drawings, I had to go into Bon Marché and say the following:
"Hello, I'm looking for a white, frilly bra... that will fit me."
I was treated like a dirty pervert!

Also, had to purchase a sex doll at Ann Summers.

I'm not entirely sure if what I do counts as a real job anymore.

Now off to build this electric bulb circuit...

Stubo

To make the day even more awkward after penis drawings, I had to go into Bon Marché and say the following:

All of this really does appear to be building up to something spectacular. The great mystery of where the bulb is going...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've had nothing but terrible experiences in Aldershot.

Without being harsh....This.

Yes, it doesn't have the best reputation. I don't live far away (about 20 miles), but don't go there often,

You guys are pussies :p it's not like I'm advocating putting on your best Ben Sherman and wading into Yates! It's a town, a town where I live. It's perfectly safe, I've only had my nose broken once, and that was ten years ago and cos I was in the park with a skateboard at 2 in the morning, my own fault entirely.

I can vouch for the West End Centre as a venue though, great people, lovely staff, cheap drink and at least one awesome band playing on the 29th of September.

No words? What?

So are you coming to the meet up instead then?

We're a punk rock post rock band, who needs words? I yelp every now and then when the feeling takes me though, and one of our songs has at least 6 words in it. We also use some vocal samples because we is arty.

Unsure about the meet soon since I've spent about £300 on Mrs Sniv this month which is pretty much all my spare social dolla spent. I'll check my finances the week-of to see what the rest of the month looks.

Is Halo out this month? If it is then that seals it!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Are you sure you're not just a victim of sexual harrassment?

Oh who am I kidding, men can't be victims of sexual harrassment, it's like trying to drown a fish
and here comes someone to tell me a harrowing tale of girl on boy seediness

You guys are pussies :p it's not like I'm advocating putting on your best Ben Sherman and wading into Yates! It's a town, a town where I live. It's perfectly safe, I've only had my nose broken once, and that was ten years ago and cos I was in the park with a skateboard at 2 in the morning, my own fault entirely.

I can vouch for the West End Centre as a venue though, great people, lovely staff, cheap drink and at least one awesome band playing on the 29th of September.

I would come support you but I'm only 17 :p. I haven't seen any live music really :/

SKINNER!

Banned
With my all new invention - the wankiversary!
Pick a date and show yourself a good time - take yourself out on a date. Maybe go out to a movie, maybe order a KFC or have a nice steak, maybe even go to a theme park. But at the end of the day, defile yourself like it's the apocalypse and all you've got is spankwire and a tube of vaseline to see in the end of days.

I can't tell if that's amazingly spectacular or depressingly soul-crushing. Either way, it beautifully describes single life :)

Suairyu

Banned
Oh christ you guys.

Building a 'celebrity'-proof electric circuit DIY-style is harder than you'd guess.

But I finally have the darn thing working. The bulb is housed in a wooden clothes peg, while a rotating paperclip acts as a switch.

Dead chuffed with myself.

Now to draw the approved penis design all professional like...

All of this really does appear to be building up to something spectacular. The great mystery of where the bulb is going...
Just a couple of months and you guys can see!

It's going to be trashy mainstream TV

Number45

I've only had my nose broken once, and that was ten years ago and cos I was in the park with a skateboard at 2 in the morning, my own fault entirely.
Only in Aldershot would being in a park with a skateboard at two in the morning justify having your nose broken. :p

Yes, I'm a pussy!

That weekend will be anniversary celebrations anyway.

Mikeside

Boo! Fucking gamers, come out and get drunk, we're not on till 9 :p

Hmm - if I'm back by 9ish (I don't think I will be) then myself and the Mrs. will probably come down as I'm so close I could spit at Aldershot.

I may need your advice on Batman comics at some point, by the way.
I want to get into the new 52 Batman stuff, but what with the many different comics (Batman, TDK, Detective Comics, etc) all tying in together, I'm not sure how to tackle it.

Tips?

Chinner

Banned
thank jebus for prescription pre-payment certificates. would be nice if prescriptions were free, but i'll have to settle for this in the mean time.

SteveWD40

lol

After I took Korey down I noticed he hadn't posted at all after his 2 week ban, until this gem yesterday:

Classic

He must have waited a couple of weeks and thought he should try again, wonder if he is perma'd now...

lol

After I took Korey down I noticed he hadn't posted at all after his 2 week ban, until this gem yesterday:

Classic

He must have waited a couple of weeks and thought he should try again, wonder if he is perma'd now...

Oh wow. I just, was he being serious or just trying to wind people up? Hopefully that's a perma.

SteveWD40

From what I have seen, he was just trolling to wind up non US Gaf, been getting away with it for years, mainly as most of US Gaf secretly liked / agreed with his posts and said it was all our fault for taking the bait.

Other threads he posted in suggested a much more normal guy, but he (since the Olympics) seemed to take no interest in anything but securing a ban. How fast was that caught as well? only one reply...

Mikeside

lol

Classic

Hilarious.
It's a shame we couldn't keep the thread open and have nonUS GAF actually explain something to this guy, but I completely understand why that would turn chaotic within 10 posts.

SmokyDave

lol

Classic

Y'know, I often wondered if Korey was actually an anti-US troll. That thread makes me think I was right. He kinda blew his load with that one and made his true intentions known. He was an intentional parody of an ignorant American.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom