• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

Eh. My Little Pony isn't for me, but if there are adult men out there who genuinely enjoy that sort of thing, good for them. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, who cares?

Mr. Sam

What I find odd is that there are much better animated TV shows out there, yet it's that one which gets the die hard cult following.

Darren870

No order but:

1. Skinny Puppy
2. Infected Mushroom
3. Coil
4. Pig/Raymond Watts
5. Tool

Last one is always the hardest to name as there are so many other bands I am listening to at the moment, but those 5 I always come back to the most i'd say

Mikeside

What I find odd is that there are much better animated TV shows out there, yet it's that one which gets the die hard cult following.

I'd love to respond to this, but I feel anything I say might end up with a ponygaf invasion of this sacred place.

I agree with the above about prefering songs to bands - except I'm a big one for albums. There are so many bands where I get really into 1 album and then don't really care what else they do.

For a long time, that's how I felt about OK Computer - it wasn't until Hail to the Thief came out that I really gave anything else a chance.

Another great one is Tegan & Sara - The Con, thought I'm starting to really like So Jealous and Sainthood too.

Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous, anyone? The Killers - Hot Fuss, Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It in People, Belle & Sebastien - The Boy With the Arab Strap.

So many albums...

No order but:

1. Skinny Puppy
2. Infected Mushroom
3. Coil
4. Pig/Raymond Watts
5. Tool

Last one is always the hardest to name as there are so many other bands I am listening to at the moment, but those 5 I always come back to the most i'd say

I used to listen to this Infected Monkey remixes The Doors album a lot... have you heard that one? Never really got into anything else they did - Though I must admit, Classical Mushroom and... er Converting Vegetarians(??) were great albums.

SteveWD40

Did you time travel to us from the year 1980?

iusND.gif

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Weekend plans UK GAF?

Tomorrow I'll be building my new computer, Sunday I think I'm gonna shop for new shirts for work, maybe go skate.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
UKGAF! Top 5 favourite bands/acts/artists. Go!

Manowar
Laibach
X Japan
Rammstein
Depeche Mode

Close runner up: Nine Inch Nails

I've not listened to a new album since 2010 though. I've really fallen off in regards to music since leaving Scotland. I used to always be on the hunt for new bands, albums and that sort of thing but am too lazy nowadays.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Eminem
Pink Floyd
Infected Mushroom
Kid Cudi
The Doors

My list.. ALL LISTS

thank god. I was getting angry reading that list

edit: lol, nobody is at work, thread inactive once more :p

I wasn't, No matter the music taste its all the same feel good man shit that goes on inside THE BRIAN.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Other music:

Morricone
Nas
Wu Tang
Led Zep
The Kinks
Johnny Cash
Bjork
Kanye West
Muse
And Classical stuff too maybe

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
His first album was good, second was disappointing, and then he went and did some rock garbage.

Weekend plans UK GAF?

Tomorrow I'll be building my new computer, Sunday I think I'm gonna shop for new shirts for work, maybe go skate.

Waiting for my tv to be brought back from the repair shop. Going to watch my mate's Guns n Roses tribute band. Going clubbing dressed as She-Ra. Going to a Grease experience.

SKINNER!

Banned
Weekend plans UK GAF?

sounds fun! I'll be spending the whole weekend and next week checking out Weymouth/other places closeby with my sis before heading to London next weekend. I'm shocked that it was like 25 degrees today. I don't think Glasgow was that warm since May.

Also Kentpaul, Day and Night is great and his 1 minute segment on All of The Lights is alright too. I still need to get into some more Kid Cudi at some point.

Cindres

Waiting for my tv to be brought back from the repair shop. Going to watch my mate's Guns n Roses tribute band. Going clubbing dressed as She-Ra. Going to a Grease experience.

Your weekends are always definitely the most interesting.

Never a dull moment, eh?

My mates across the road who have internet but have popped out left me keys so I'm currently drinking Jack & Coke and watching the footy at theirs until they get back.
And using their internet.

Building my new PC tomorrow and there'll be no internet on it for a week :(

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
sounds fun! I'll be spending the whole weekend and next week checking out Weymouth/other places closeby with my sis before heading to London next weekend. I'm shocked that it was like 25 degrees today. I don't think Glasgow was that warm since May.

Also Kentpaul, Day and Night is great and his 1 minute segment on All of The Lights is alright too. I still need to get into some more Kid Cudi at some point.

Blast his man on the moon album one day from track one to the last.

I had such a good time doing that when it dropped.

Bruce Springsteen
Neil Young
Martin O'Donnell
Lonely Island

That is my bizarre god tier, no need for a fifth. (But if there was a gun involved, it would probably be Queen.)

Suairyu

Banned
Weekend plans UK GAF?

good luck building the rig. Specs?

I'll be having one night of snuggling on Saturday, then travelling up to London on Sunday for a week at BBC studios helping shoot the studio stuff of our show. That bra and blow up doll will get used!

Cindres

I'll be having one night of snuggling on Saturday, then travelling up to London on Sunday for a week at BBC studios helping shoot the studio stuff of our show. That bra and blow up doll will get used!

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/fkc2

Sans the cooler, cut it out to bring down the cost as I had to add Saturday postage and a wireless card. But I'm gonna get it in the next month or two so I can OC the CPU.

Your weekends are always definitely the most interesting.

Never a dull moment, eh?

My mates across the road who have internet but have popped out left me keys so I'm currently drinking Jack & Coke and watching the footy at theirs until they get back.
And using their internet.

Building my new PC tomorrow and there'll be no internet on it for a week :(

What can I say, I'm an awesome interesting person. Have fun building your PC!

You still gonna be in London on the following Saturday?

Suairyu

Banned
You suck. Stay a few hours more and you can experience the amazeballs that is a Gaf meet up.
Can't. Company is paying for the train. That and I'll be exhausted from an entire week of long day shoots, so not much fun at all.

At least I'll get to check out the BBC Studios! They won't be around for much longer as the BBC abandons the London ship and heads to Meadows-land.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There's a really good article in the latest LRB about privatisation of electricity. It points out that about 1/6th of the UK's power is provided by nuclear plants owned by EDF, which is a monolithic company...owned by the French state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom