• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chain pizza lol I would rather eat grilled cardboard with a slab of American cheese on it.

Learn to find local gems folks. Life's to short to settle with anything but the best.

You should be ordering pizza from Amazon.Tesco.gov.org.uk. Kill the highstreet! Long live our website overlords!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
You should be ordering pizza from Amazon.Tesco.gov.org.uk. Kill the highstreet! Long live our website overlords!

I prefer an awesome pub burger to a burger king burger. I also love pizza from Indian takeaway joints.

Sue me.

Can't wait to see the pics from the new London meet up. I picture shorty as a white Tupac.

Brap Brap Brap London town

3Sixty

I'm going to Hampshire vs Warwickshire at Lords on the day of the GAF meet up. Probably staying in London for the night too, temping.

Kentpaul

kentpaul snorts pizza so the cheesy goodness goes directly into his brain

Nier > tf2.

You dude Bros need to understand there's more to video games than shooting.

Approach me when you are playing awesome games like me.

I'm on the night shift folks. Tired as fuck

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Lost my sense of humour rather spectacularly tonight, now feeling like a bit of a berk. Went out to a roller disco (quite cool, wife happy) but the rush to get out means I missed dinner. Everyone else eats at a sainsburys before I arrive but promise food in vauxhall. No food. I think we're finishing at one. Ok, I can make it till one. Oh no, we're not finishing till two.

Fuck this, temper lost. Low blood sugar + had enough = not playing any more.

Humph. I don't often get in a sulk, but when I do I fear I'm not pleasant to be around.

Oh and now we'rr listening to Magic fm in the taxi and I could quite happily thump something.

Humph.

Mikeside

Lost my sense of humour rather spectacularly tonight, now feeling like a bit of a berk. Went out to a roller disco (quite cool, wife happy) but the rush to get out means I missed dinner. Everyone else eats at a sainsburys before I arrive but promise food in vauxhall. No food. I think we're finishing at one. Ok, I can make it till one. Oh no, we're not finishing till two.

Humph. I don't often get in a sulk, but when I do I fear I'm not pleasant to be around.

Oh and now we'rr listening to Magic fm in the taxi and I could quite happily thump something.

Humph.

Ugh, it's so annoying when you're in that situation and the group of people you're with seem hell-bent on being totally inflexible.

And there's absolutely NO excuse for Magic FM. You shouldn't have to go through that.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ugh, it's so annoying when you're in that situation and the group of people you're with seem hell-bent on being totally inflexible.

And there's absolutely NO excuse for Magic FM. You shouldn't have to go through that.

I know! When you're a music elitist, Magic FM is the last thing you need when you're in a sulk.

Thank god for drop7.

Still, £80 for a taxi back from London was a good deal.

Mikeside

I know! When you're a music elitist, Magic FM is the last thing you need when you're in a sulk.

Thank god for drop7.

Still, £80 for a taxi back from London was a good deal.

Did you get fed in the end?
Are you going to have to suffer the morning after experience where you feel sheepish but don't really want to confront the loss of temper?

I hate those moments. Still trying to find a dignified get-out of those situations.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Did you get fed in the end?
Are you going to have to suffer the morning after experience where you feel sheepish but don't really want to confront the loss of temper?

I hate those moments. Still trying to find a dignified get-out of those situations.

Just had a bag of Nik Naks, that'll tide me over till the subway run tomorrow morning :p

I think I should be OK tomorrow, I was just quiet so didn't super piss anyone off. Apologised to my wife already, she's cool. She's just happy I skated at the roller disco. Which I did, and it was really difficult. But kinda fun. So it's a net win.

Mikeside

Just had a bag of Nik Naks, that'll tide me over till the subway run tomorrow morning :p

I think I should be OK tomorrow, I was just quiet so didn't super piss anyone off. Apologised to my wife already, she's cool. She's just happy I skated at the roller disco. Which I did, and it was really difficult. But kinda fun. So it's a net win.

Ahhh - from what you put I thought you'd blown up at somebody, that's what I would've probably done at some point. Or more likely, I'd have made a super sarcastic comment that I wouldn't think anyone would catch onto, but everyone would and it would be mega awkward.

Best of luck - you sound like there's a large fry up in your immediate future

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Unrally > Uncharted 3

Listen dude bros. Get back to me when your games star unicycles with tiled backdrops and SPC rock tunes.

Mr. Sam

That's weird, I was playing ODST last night. Then I remembered that the best way to play Halo is with friends and I felt sad.

Mr. Sam

It's just when you're driving a warthog and you've either got the goofy AI failing to kill anything on the gun or in the driver's seat, crashing into walls. That's when you really miss your friends.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys I'm actually really nervous about this London shoot. It feels like the first day of a job all over again, only the job has a lot of responsibility and pressure, more than I've ever really had in my life. I know I'm capable and will probably come out on top and I am excited, but my stomach just doesn't agree.

How do you guys keep your butterflies out of the basket?

That's weird, I was playing ODST last night. Then I remembered that the best way to play Halo is with friends and I felt sad.
Well, you always gotta solo the campaign first time around for the immersion or whatever. Always some asshole who skips cutscenes.

Guys I'm actually really nervous about this London shoot. It feels like the first day of a job all over again, only the job has a lot of responsibility and pressure, more than I've ever really had in my life. I know I'm capable and will probably come out on top and I am excited, but my stomach just doesn't agree.

How do you guys keep your butterflies out of the basket?

You'll do fine bro, not a lot you can do to keep the butterflies at bay but just ignore them and get on with the job, they should go on their own once you get started.

Kentpaul

Going to see Dredd with some buddies. I will be packing a bottle of buckfast in my jacket.

Its like being 15 all over again.

Suairyu

Banned
Final prop made: a restaurant menu. Hid a couple of jokes in it that people with HD channels might be able to catch.

To London I go!

CHEEZMO™;41912876 said:
I'm gonna go watch it tonight
with my dad.
Dads universally love the Dredd comics.

Suairyu

Banned
Good work, man, will you let us know when the finished product is on TV?
via PM, sure. I probably already say too much on here!

Will be my third TV show broadcast, but the first I was there at the filming. Dead excited/nervous.

Edit -
Open hotel door, female voice shrieks "get out!".
Off the a great start!

Kentpaul

Was in an awesome bar that sold cans of strongbow for 2 quid. Such a pleasure getting five drinks for a tenner.

Interesting host of regulars in the bar to. I will be returning.

Well I'm certainly paying for that weekend, I am fucking shattered. Totally worth it though. Hope everyone else had a good one.

Oh and I think I've temporarily sorted the boring salad dilemma, bought some sweet chilli sauce.

Number45

Managed to spend two weeks in 45° heat last month without burning - a few hours yesterday on the beach in the UK... burnt to a crisp! Lovely day at Hayling Island, although research would have shown how much was going on down there - it was manic! An hour to get there... just under four hours to get home. :eek:

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well I'm certainly paying for that weekend, I am fucking shattered. Totally worth it though. Hope everyone else had a good one.

Oh and I think I've temporarily sorted the boring salad dilemma, bought some sweet chilli sauce.

Yeah I know that feeling, I could do with a week off to get over the weekend! Turns out roller skating uses muscles that I technically don't even have. Oww.

Yeah I know that feeling, I could do with a week off to get over the weekend! Turns out roller skating uses muscles that I technically don't even have. Oww.

I get the same thing every time I go snowboarding.

Trying to picture you on roller skates.... that image will keep me giggling all morning!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I was gonna put this in that famous people thread but It doesn't really count, and I forgot to tell you guys.

At work the other week we had Ed Clancy come in, and I served Chesney outta Coronation Street. That was a fun day.

SmokyDave

Morning chaps and chapess. Glad to hear y'all had good weekends. I rode far too far and now my thighs feel like Lisa Riley has been dancing on them :(

Still not smoking. Closing on 3 weeks with no cigs and no weed, woohoo!

Humph.
Totally understandable. You chose the right way to deal with it too, moody silence beats raging every time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I get the same thing every time I go snowboarding.

Trying to picture you on roller skates.... that image will keep me giggling all morning!

I was not as elegant as I had hoped but I didn't fall over at least. My wife has fucked up both her knees though, whodathunk roller disco was so dangerous?

Also, felt very old in that place. Turns out 20 year olds love to skate!

Morning chaps and chapess. Glad to hear y'all had good weekends. I rode far too far and now my thighs feel like Lisa Riley has been dancing on them :(

Still not smoking. Closing on 3 weeks with no cigs and no weed, woohoo!

Totally understandable. You chose the right way to deal with it too, moody silence beats raging every time.

Thanks man, getting the OK from you is like getting a pat on the back from my absent father, or my big brother who died before I was born *sob*

congrats on the smoking though, you've done very well! From past experience you're pretty much over the hump. The next you smoke will be a conscious decision rather than an addiction-twitch. It will change your relationship with da herb as well, for the better. I'm now happily a weekend warrior, cut down my consumption by two thirds this year. Feels OK man.

Took some promo shots for my band last night, feeling very dysmorphic this morning at the state of my fat and baldness. I don't usually see myself, so can go around with my suave/slimmer self image which has been shattered by looking at too many photos. Crop crop crop the gut out :p

Kentpaul

smoking.gif

Just say no. I'm glad i only smoke when I'm drunk. I don't think its addictive at all when sober, Its all down to habit i suppose.

It appears dave has broken the habit but i expect him to spark up once or twice down the line when he is drunk. He will wake up the next morning regretting it of course.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
smoking.gif

Just say no. I'm glad i only smoke when I'm drunk. I don't think its addictive at all when sober, Its all down to habit i suppose.

It appears dave has broken the habit but i expect him to spark up once or twice down the line when he is drunk. He will wake up the next morning regretting it of course.

I've found this. When I'm pissed and someone around me has a fag and offers it, I'll take it up. When I'm sober however, absolutely zero urge.

Unless it's a cigar.

Kentpaul

Smoking occasionally is probably worse for you as you don't build up a tolerance to the chemicals.

Not at all. I'm not spamming my lungs with smoke every 30 minutes. I'm spamming my lungs with smoke once a week.

Kentpaul

kentpaul spams his brains cells with mkat, coke and weed every day though so it balances out pretty well.

I know your trolling. But to clear something up. I only used drugs once every few months and i have no plans to ever use a drug again.

I don't even drink coffee now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom