• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up at 1:21 slacking on finishing a report. I thought I was done with this late night writing long stuff nonsense when I finished my degree for at least 6 months, but no.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
3dZxq.gif

I need to go see Dredd.

Overslept, got to work on time by literally jumping out of bed, getting dressed and running out the door. Fuck Mondays.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
damn

Did anyone catch the pre-edit?

Was he disrespecting the law?

I was asking for a dredd avatar to. Now relax

Monday morning, man. Monday morning.

Waiting on a phonecall from my gaffer to see if i'm in today.. If I'm off I'm going to try this awesome place in town for a BURGER!

Suairyu are you going to try a horse steak when your in france ?

Kentpaul

I feel at home again with my old avatar. I'm also playing with a kentpaul skin on a 800 player san andreas server..

THE JOYS

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can't wait to get a bunch of tshirts for games I'll never get.

I may just waste my time queuing for the WiiU because I can't think of anything else I'm eager to play.

Mikeside

I can't wait to get a bunch of tshirts for games I'll never get.

I may just waste my time queuing for the WiiU because I can't think of anything else I'm eager to play.

But there's so much cool shit there!
I'm going to be straight on XCOM and Company of Heroes 2 on Thursday. Can. Not. Wait.

SmokyDave

I feel at home again with my old avatar. I'm also playing with a kentpaul skin on a 800 player san andreas server..

THE JOYS

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Is that Multi Theft Auto?

I haven't played MP San Andreas since I switched to Win 7 (RIP San Andreas Advanced Controls). I still have my fully modded San An with every car and most textures replaced. It weighed in at about 13 GB by the time I'd done with it. Beautiful.

One day there'll be a Win7 version of SAAC and I'll start playing it again. One day.

I'm backlog only from now until next-gen, barring a couple of Vita & iOS titles. That's what I'm promising myself, anyway.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
MultiTheft Auto was THE SHIT when it came out. The racing with the insane tracks was beyond awesome and the community was great. I miss those days.

SKINNER!

Banned
Ok. So one other game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/expo/whats-on

That's the list what else is recommended?

I got a t-shirt when I tried Metal Gear Rising so at least give it a go for the freebies :p

Other games? Rayman Legends is fantastic. Visually, it blew me away.

I think the Resident Evil 6 demo is already out so there wouldn't be much point waiting in line to play it if it's exactly the same demo as the one online/E3. Try ZombiU instead.

They were dishing out pin badges if you tried all the mini-games on Nintendoland at E3. If they are doing the same at Eurogamer then look out for that.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is worth trying just to see how it's suspiciously similar to Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl. Kratos and Drake were the best characters to play with IMO.

Farcry 3 looked good. There might be a pole-dancer at the Devil May Cry booth.

That's..about it.. Oh, I've yet to try the new XCOM so let me know if it's worth checking out. Hope it doesn't end up like Syndicate.

Darren870

Well, back from Oktoberfest.

Had a lot of fun and drank way to much....well never enough ;) . It was everything I was hoping it would be and I had a blast. Highly recommend it with a small group of friends. It is expensive though....

Kentpaul

MultiTheft Auto was THE SHIT when it came out. The racing with the insane tracks was beyond awesome and the community was great. I miss those days.

I have been playing since the MTA VC days.. Yeah thought there still is race servers on the new MTA.

Add me on steam and lets race homeboy.

my canvas shefts arrived today folks, time to do some DIY (Bin the instructions asap) and get this fucker built

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, back from Oktoberfest.

Had a lot of fun and drank way to much....well never enough ;) . It was everything I was hoping it would be and I had a blast. Highly recommend it with a small group of friends. It is expensive though....

Oktoberfest in September. Explain yourself.

SmokyDave

I have no Steam, my PC can barely run Firefox :( one day I shall join you all in shiny PC land...

I can't tell you how beautiful it is. I managed to squeeze in a little PC gaming last week and it reminded me that the next gen has been here for a while. Steam makes me warm & fuzzy.

I have no idea what I'm gonna be doing at Eurogamer. I hate queuing so maybe same as last year, wander round watching other people play and just try out the stuff that has little or no queue. Managed to play quite a bit last year.

Chinner

Banned
I can't tell you how beautiful it is. I managed to squeeze in a little PC gaming last week and it reminded me that the next gen has been here for a while. Steam makes me warm & fuzzy.
im honestly coming to the conclusion, at least at the moment, that PC + IOS gaming is all you need.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's mostly what I did after playing the few 3DS games there. Didn't even play Zelda.

I walked into 18+ section, played a terrible port of HotDOK for the PS3 and walked out again to play some colourful games.

The problem I found was that many games didn't have instructions and you were often found the game in the middle of nowhere with no clue what you were meant to be doing at that point.

That's mostly what I did after playing the few 3DS games there. Didn't even play Zelda.

I walked into 18+ section, played a terrible port of HotDOK for the PS3 and walked out again to play some colourful games.

The problem I found was that many games didn't have instructions and you were often found the game in the middle of nowhere with no clue what you were meant to be doing at that point.

Was it a pretty tall girl with dark hair on HotD?

SteveWD40

im honestly coming to the conclusion, at least at the moment, that PC + IOS gaming is all you need.

Been there for a while now, Big Picture Mode just solidifies it for me. PC gets you:

All the big multiplatform releases, all scaled well enough you can run on a mid range laptop as well as a dedicated rig. Baked in controller support where needed. Best versions of said games with mod support.

All the MMO / RPG's you could ever play, many exclusive and F2P.

Many free / cheap indies.

iOS then covers any mobile gaming you require, look at the iPad now, it's getting Frozen Synapse, BG:EE, Warhammer and Dungeons of Dredmore as well as the best version of M:TG. The iPhone has more games than you will ever get to play, a lot of crap but the good stuff is oh so very good.

If you have time for consoles on top of that then I envy you.

Kentpaul

Your out gaming on your IPAD and get lost! Oh gee you will starve to death miles from home.

SKINNER!

Banned
Call me old-fashioned but games on smartphones just don't appeal to me at all. It does have some good small, "pick up and play" games (lost a good hour playing Jenga on the iphone once) but I'd rather play a game with a decent long-ish singleplayer on a proper handheld console. Although, it sure is a pain carrying around cartridges/discs and having to change them.

Welcome back Darren870!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom