• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Tv2UW.jpg

"Overwhelming beef and garlic notes give away to lasting woody aromas. A medley of textures delights the palate. Creamy mouth-feel."

SKINNER!

Banned
Put it this way, whether I was in the highlands or Berrick Upon Tweed, I'll still take a piss in a locked cubicle just in case Kentpaul is around.

SteveWD40

I could talk about my 5 years of JKD and MMA and the time I had a fight with 4 Irish guys and won...

...but that sort of thing is crass and smacks of e-thuggery.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
GrownupGAF - I've got to fix my roof and it's going to cost at least 400 quid. Now, I don't as a rule have 400 quid to hand most months - how do you go about paying for those unexpected expenditures? Put a right kaibosh on my good day this has.

Mikeside

We were doing so well and then Family Guy is posted.

But it's the perfect visualisation of how Americans (and probably ROW) view us.

Whereas I like to see us as more subversive than wet-blanket-ish. Controlling the world through manipulation, smoke & mirrors, laughing at our brutish neighbors.

Mike, I know you weren't having a dig, it's fine.

Don't come near me at Eurogamer.

Of course I'm joking.

Kentpaul, obvs. Look at that physique. And he's scottish, that a +10 to hard right there.

I also think Musha could do some damage. Sharp little fists.

I curl up into a ball at the hint of violence.

I'd fuck you all up.

Actually I hate violence and have never been in a physical fight. Violence is for thuggish moronic Neanderthals.

Oh hi Kentpaul.

daviyoung

Banned
GrownupGAF - I've got to fix my roof and it's going to cost at least 400 quid. Now, I don't as a rule have 400 quid to hand most months - how do you go about paying for those unexpected expenditures? Put a right kaibosh on my good day this has.

If it's leaking, put a big pot plant under it and call it a water feature.

If you want a quick fix then get some roofing felt and some bitumen, but it might not last the winter. However it will stop the leak until you can save £400 to get a professional in to do it.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/240007

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/240008

SmokyDave

Me?

Also doubles as a cautionary tale for would be can-boilers.

Woah. That looks rather painful. Scalding caramel is quite the opposite of 'cool'. Gladly I don't do the whole 'kitchen' thing.

I have two tied for 'coolest'. I have a large scar on my lip where I was hit with a brick and I have a sizeable one my hand from punching a gun. An actual gun. At a houseparty years ago. I think I was in shock at the time but looking back I'm glad it happened because I have a story to tell my kids when they ask about it.

If it's leaking, put a big pot plant under it and call it a water feature.
This got me good. I keep chuckling.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but in terms of my taste in videogames I really feel like I've grown out of Nintendo. not saying its bad, just not for me nowadays.

Advice for this thread: using the terms "grown out of" and "Nintendo" in the same sentence seems to attract some serious ire!

So:
who's the hardest guy in this place?

Darren looked pretty sturdy in the meetup picture...

I could talk about my 5 years of JKD and MMA and the time I had a fight with 4 Irish guys and won...

...okay, no, it's probably Steve.

SmokyDave

Nothing wakes you up like a refreshing shower of burning syrup. Did you punch the nose of the gun? Did it fire? What's the scar?

The barrel, yeah. Left a crescent moon scar. It didn't fire or I'd have been missing a large part of my hand (I don't even know if it was loaded, though I know it was real). I just freaked out when it was pulled on me and punched it without thinking. The guy played it off like he never meant to threaten me (ah, I'm just messing man, why you get so vexed?) but his intentions were clear as day; make me shit myself. What the others didn't realise is that even if it didn't look like it, I was still shitting myself.

I cried later on that night when I was walking home on my own :(

Oh, to be a teen again. Or not.

SteveWD40

...okay, no, it's probably Steve.

I am the most likely to talk my way out of shit as well though.

I cried later on that night when I was walking home on my own :(

Good reflexes mate, many people would just freeze up. I froze up the first time I had a knife pulled on me, good thing I wasn't alone and the guy was bluffing but I could feel my body stiffen. That was early in my training though.

The tears were just your adrenaline dump, happens to everyone who isn't a psychopath.

SmokyDave

Good reflexes mate, many people would just freeze up. I froze up the first time I had a knife pulled on me, good thing I wasn't alone and the guy was bluffing but I could feel my body stiffen. That was early in my training though.
Yeah, it was pure instinct. Thoroughly stupid move, I'm lucky I didn't make things far worse.

The tears were just your adrenaline dump, happens to everyone who isn't a psychopath.
I'm pretty sure I'd need a bit of a cry if a freakin' gun was pulled on me.
I was a bit fucked up when it sunk in. Went and slept rough rather than going home because I didn't want to see my parents whilst I was in that state.

Still, overall I've been a very lucky boy. I've known a few friends catch some vicious beatings in my time. I've been knocked about (and done some knocking) but nothing worthy of a hospitalisation. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

3Sixty

Had knives pulled on me a fair few times. Yet to be stabbed.

Only time i've ever actually been worried about getting stabbed was turning up to work at some venue out of town i'd never been to before and being issued a stab vest :/

SmokyDave

Hell no. I'm all 'family-friendly' since I met my good lady. Nowadays I'd be much likelier to flight than fight. I've got too much to lose!

I'll stand in front of the proper softies looking protective but if shit goes down I'm using 'em as human shields.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I remember when someone apparently had a knife and threatened a group of us with it.

Thing is it started off with two smaller lads who were giving us a lot of lip but when they realised they were getting nowhere they went off for their friends. And so started the singsong of "don't let him get his knife out" which basically goes like this:

Soloist: "Don't let me get my knife out"
Group: "Oooooh don't let him get his knife out"
S: "Don't let me get my knife out"
G: "Oooooh don't let him get his knife out"

And so on. Of course after awhile it just looks like your doing a terrible Napoleon impression and nobody is feeling at all threatened.

Well it ended if one of us pulling the emergency stop chord and informing the driver that there are a bunch of charlatans on board. The moment the train stopped at the next station they pegged it.

Mikeside

I remember when someone apparently had a knife and threatened a group of us with it.

Thing is it started off with two smaller lads who were giving us a lot of lip but when they realised they were getting nowhere they went off for their friends. And so started the singsong of "don't let him get his knife out" which basically goes like this:

Soloist: "Don't let me get my knife out"
Group: "Oooooh don't let him get his knife out"

And so on. Of course after awhile it just looks like your doing a terrible Napoleon impression and nobody is feeling at all threatened.

Well it ended if one of us pulling the emergency stop chord and informing the driver that there are a bunch of charlatans on board. The moment the train stopped at the next station they pegged it.

This sounds like some kind of guerilla marketing for a musical at your local theatre.

I wish shit like that happened to me!

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Nah you don't, it's not fun. I've been on a trainful of the worst Kestrel-drinking, racism chanting no-neck twats that had come from a football game where their team had lost (Liverpool) and it was probably one of the worst 2 hours of my life before the train had to make an emergency stop to get the police to drag them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom