• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I have a scar a few inches long on my left shin. Got me FAHZANDS of pounds 8)

Also got a small one above my left eyebrow.

Yen

Have a giant scar across my chest from open heart surgery/pectus excavatum surgery last year. Split my knee open when I was 8. Have a frankenstein scar after a hernia.

Darren870

Hmm one on my forehead from running into a wall when I was a kid.

Another on my arm when my friend accidently stabed me when he tried to pop a balloon.

SKINNER!

Banned
I have noscar!

.....dotcom.

Edit: I have one on the top right hand side of my forehead. Doctors needed a sample of a dark patch of skin around that area for tests so I had to be cut.
Got another one on my left knee/ side leg area after running downhill on some sort of gravel surface and falling/rolling when I was little.

Chinner

Banned
green scar today i was shopping and i saw some sonic the hedgehog boxer shorts. i bought them.

am i cool now?

it was retro sonic also k.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
All my scars are in the general underpants area. I have a disgusting story that I tell when drunk. I also have a scar on the bridge of my nose that I got in a mosh pit. Metal!

I have noscar!

.....dotcom.

seinfeld-clapping-gif.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I have a scar on my left elbow. When I was about eight, a dinner lady at school rammed a fork down on the table in anger and caught my elbow.

This is terrible, but as I scanned your post my brain picked out the word "darky". Which wasn't even there.

I am ashamed of my 1970s racist brain :(

What other antiquated racist slurs can we remember and subconsciously see in each others posts?

Clegg

I have a small Harry Potter "lightening bolt" scar on my cheek. Got it after I tripped and fell on the prongs of a plug a few years ago.

Scar on my chest where I was stamped on when playing rugby. And a scar on my shoulder from someone digging their nails into me.

siddhu33

CHEEZMO™;42497156 said:
Programme on the BBC few days ago. Talked about civilisations, and how they formed. Was pretty interesting to watch, but it did say that humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Which is why I was wondering about the fundies. I suppose people in the UK are saner than that. Too much looking at US politics, I suppose.

Yen

Programme on the BBC few days ago. Talked about civilisations, and how they formed. Was pretty interesting to watch, but it did say that the world is hundreds of thousands of years old. Which is why I was wondering about the fundies.

"hundreds of thousands"?!

Programme on the BBC few days ago. Talked about civilisations, and how they formed. Was pretty interesting to watch, but it did say that humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Which is why I was wondering about the fundies. I suppose people in the UK are saner than that. Too much looking at US politics, I suppose.

Creationists can do one. I love our TV. I think we can go further though. I think we need more reasonable discussions about atheism and theism on TV. Stick Dawkins/snippets of Hitchens etc on the BBC every night for an hour or two.

I think I only know one person who genuinely believes in God. There are a lot of 'Christian/Muslim etc' in name only people out there.

Come to think of it, the BBC doesn't really tackle issues of faith that often. Channel 4 is much better for that sort of thing. The BBC has done documentaries on the history of Christianity but they've never done one on Atheism to my knowledge.

Suairyu

Banned
GREEN SCAR WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT KELDEO WAS AVAILABLE ON NINTENDO WFC RIGHT NOW?!

CHEEZMO™;42499658 said:
I wanna get into Judge Dredd. Should I make a thread in OT asking for where to start?
No, that would be a LTTP.

And you start with the Case Files books. They collect every story.

Warning: the earlier stuff is quite cheese.

Creationism is a very American thing. Previously, it hadn't been widely accepted for centuries. Even fundamentalists didn't believe in the shit until recently.

SteveWD40

Creationists can do one. I love our TV. I think we can go further though. I think we need more reasonable discussions about atheism and theism on TV. Stick Dawkins/snippets of Hitchens etc on the BBC every night for an hour or two.

I think I only know one person who genuinely believes in God. There are a lot of 'Christian/Muslim etc' in name only people out there.

Come to think of it, the BBC doesn't really tackle issues of faith that often. Channel 4 is much better for that sort of thing. The BBC has done documentaries on the history of Christianity but they've never done one on Atheism to my knowledge.

I would prefer fellow agnostics like Neil Degrasse Tyson, militant atheists can be a real bore. I have no issue with people having faith, just don't try and force it on others. More of an issue in the US than here though.

Mikeside

So, Eurogamer finishes at 7pm on Saturday... do we think I'll be able to drive back to Aldershot in time for Jedeye's gig at 9ish?

Should be a 20 min tube journey followed by 1 hour of driving so it SHOULD be easy, traffic allowing...

EDIT: Also, Jedeye, how much to get in to your gig?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So, Eurogamer finishes at 7pm on Saturday... do we think I'll be able to drive back to Aldershot in time for Jedeye's gig at 9ish?

Should be a 20 min tube journey followed by 1 hour of driving so it SHOULD be easy, traffic allowing...

EDIT: Also, Jedeye, how much to get in to your gig?

Oooh, you might be able to make it. It's a fiver to get in I think, and we'll be on about 9.15. Would be nice to see you if you can make it! If not don't sweat it :)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My bike lacks a mud flap over the back wheel and it sprayed water all up my arse on the ride in to work.

Fuck me this is uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom