• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That's a very specific type of club, you're looking for there.

Well I'm not saying we have to... appreciate it all together (in a circle, making eye contact). Just spread that stuff around, old skool file sharing. This performer - god damn man, god damn. Blue hair. Oh yes.

Suairyu

Banned
FREE MEADOWS! He only just came back dammit!

This may be oversharing a tad (this is what I do, if you've not cottoned on my now) but I just found this rather beguiling adult performer online. But you have to buy her... performances and it's like $85 for 9... performances which, even if I were to enjoy them immensely would probably still work out at $5 per enjoyment.

For a second, the idea of gathering some of my like minded friends to club together the money crossed my mind, but then I thought it would be really creepy.

Damn.
Never watch/enjoy anything sexual with your bros. Everyone gets nervous and just clowns on it rather than enjoy it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Never watch/enjoy anything sexual with your bros. Everyone gets nervous and just clowns on it rather than enjoy it.

Not since I was 12 man, I know this shit.

When I was about 12 though we found this video in my mate's house. Opened my mind up with a fucking crowbar right there. The tension in that darkened room, the visits to the toilet that nobody would comment on.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
When I said club I probably should have said "If we all chipped in a tenner we could each individually have copies of these awesome performances" to avoid this aspersions on my already flawed reputation as UKGAF's resident perv.

Suairyu

Banned
What books?
200px-Ultimate_anal_women.jpg

It's actually a really good book and I recommend all women (and men in relationship with a woman) read it I am the law.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
CHEEZMO™;42649357 said:
I got The Man In The High Castle and The Handmaid's Tale. I wanna read the former first.

Sweet, have you read much PKD? High Castle was my first novel of his, it's really interesting. I think I read it when I was your age too, it got me started learning about loads of new stuff.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Sweet, have you read much PKD? High Castle was my first novel of his, it's really interesting. I think I read it when I was your age too, it got me started learning about loads of new stuff.

Nope. The only sort of exposure I have to him is Blade Runner but I've heard great things about this so when I saw it in the shop I thought "why not".

Castle is fucking fantastic. Read it right away. Don't sleep.

Heh, will do.

Finally at home in bed and I still can't get warm :( This is what happens when you're stood outside in the cold for too long. Well no more I say, no more. You hear me? No more.

Ok I've now resorted to wearing my dressing gown in bed and I still can't stop shivering. What the fuck is going on. This is all your fault you know.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
50% chance I'm going to TW for Chinese New Year so I might meet you up in Taipei. Looking at around 8th/22nd Feb, but that obviously depends on other commitments and such.

Decent show. I've lost a lot of weight since the last time, so I hope you can still recognise me. :p

I laughed a lot at Meadows post.

It was a bullshit ban. With the other similar-styled posts in that thread and other similar threads, I'm guessing it's because a mod/admin had it out for him.

SKINNER!

Banned
sucks to hear that you can't make it over this winter :/ Forgot how work commitment in Asia is so different to the West. At least you'll be back next year. Hell. If i ever decide to pull my finger out and visit Asia then I'll definitely get in contact.

Wow, that was an unnecessary ban for Meadows. Someone didn't see the funny (and probably shockingly true) side to that. Also, I've recently seen the c-word being freely thrown around so why hasn't J Tourettes been unbanned? sigh.

Virgin Media came and sorted out my internet last night but because of a network issue in my area I didn't get to use it until this morning. Decided to watch "Canadian Bacon" while clearing up the router boxes, plastic etc. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was somewhat surprised/gutted that Michael Moore didn't continue on doing more quirky political comedies. Laughed hard at this bit.

industrian

sucks to hear that you can't make it over this winter :/ Forgot how work commitment in Asia is so different to the West. At least you'll be back next year. Hell. If i ever decide to pull my finger out and visit Asia then I'll definitely get in contact.

I'm actually unemployed. :p I've not had a job since April. I'm living off my savings right now whilst I attempt to build a business that would (hopefully) negate the need to ever "work" again. Having to do the landing pass do-si-do by going to Hong Kong every three months is a pain though. Finding work in Taiwan is easy though - even if you don't want to teach English - so I may get a job as a technical writer for a couple of months for extra financial security (that and having medical insurance is always handy, as I found out the hard way with my PE any everything.)

And visiting Asia is something that everyone should do. I'd fully recommend a "round trip" of visiting Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong if you could afford it. That and going to Thailand for songkran of course.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
New haircut. Fucking sharp looking motherfucker is me.

It's hot, but completely uninformative in comparison to the book.

What does the book say then? I can see a chapter maybe, but a whole book? The rules are: guy needs to not be a dickhead. Tongue, finger, fingers, lube in that order. Go slow. Let her pace it and push back. Wait a sec. Go mental. Have a nice cuddle afterwards. Go wash up.

Suairyu

Banned
What does the book say then? I can see a chapter maybe, but a whole book? The rules are: guy needs to not be a dickhead. Tongue, finger, fingers, lube in that order. Go slow. Let her pace it and push back. Wait a sec. Go mental. Have a nice cuddle afterwards. Go wash up.
You have chapters on anatomy, hygiene, history, anal masturbation, toys, receiving, intercourse, pleasuring your partner, fisting...

And the whole thing is laced with some very suacy quotations from literature and film.

There's a lot of pages and not one of them wasted, in my opinion.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm actually unemployed. :p I've not had a job since April. I'm living off my savings right now whilst I attempt to build a business that would (hopefully) negate the need to ever "work" again. Having to do the landing pass do-si-do by going to Hong Kong every three months is a pain though. Finding work in Taiwan is easy though - even if you don't want to teach English - so I may get a job as a technical writer for a couple of months for extra financial security (that and having medical insurance is always handy, as I found out the hard way with my PE any everything.)

And visiting Asia is something that everyone should do. I'd fully recommend a "round trip" of visiting Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong if you could afford it. That and going to Thailand for songkran of course.

haha, That's awesome! I wish you all the best with that :) Definitely takes balls to start up a business and stuff.

Seriously, I started saving up to head to Japan (Tokyo Game Show specifically) next September but a round trip to those places you listed would be amazing. Know any good travel websites/agents I could look up for that?

industrian

haha, That's awesome! I wish you all the best with that :) Definitely takes balls to start up a business and stuff.

Seriously, I started saving up to head to Japan (Tokyo Game Show specifically) next September but a round trip to those places you listed would be amazing. Know any good travel websites/agents I could look up for that?

I went to TGS in 2009. It was a great experience, and the first time I was in Japan. I probably had the single greatest day of my life on that TGS Saturday due in part to everything else that happened that day, but that's another story entirely.

I'm not sure about travel agents/websites as I tend to just use Expedia when bouncing between countries over here, but my one bit of advice for anyone flying long distance is to ensure that you don't book direct flights to/from the UK, otherwise you get hit by an £50-80 tax charge.

As in:

1. Last year I flew from Taipei to Edinburgh (with 2 stops in-between.)
  2. Buying a return ticket for Taipei to Edinburgh would have incurred the aforementioned tax due to long-distance flights originating/arriving in the UK.
  3. So instead I booked return tickets from Taipei to Amsterdam and another return ticket from Amsterdam to Edinburgh.
  4. This saved me £80. The ironic shit being that I would have been passing through Amsterdam Airport through both tickets.

Save up a decent cut of money from here until September and you should be fine. Tokyo is more expensive than the UK, Hong Kong is about on-par, but Seoul and Taipei are a lot cheaper than the UK in my experiences.

Suairyu

Banned
Out with swag-GAF, in with sharp-GAF.

Also, I've been thinking:
What I find slightly disturbing/awesome about Judge Dredd is that the Judge system is exactly what a modern-day police force would be like if run by Manos.

Suairyu

Banned
LONDON GAF -

A friend of a friend just got made homeless in london by being scammed by a false landlord. Does anyone need a tenant asap? She's a clueless American from Florida, hence how she got scammed, but I'm assured by someone I'd trust with my life that she is of good character.

SKINNER!

Banned
I went to TGS in 2009. It was a great experience, and the first time I was in Japan. I probably had the single greatest day of my life on that TGS Saturday due in part to everything else that happened that day, but that's another story entirely.

I'm not sure about travel agents/websites as I tend to just use Expedia when bouncing between countries over here, but my one bit of advice for anyone flying long distance is to ensure that you don't book direct flights to/from the UK, otherwise you get hit by an £50-80 tax charge.

As in:

1. Last year I flew from Taipei to Edinburgh (with 2 stops in-between.)
  2. Buying a return ticket for Taipei to Edinburgh would have incurred the aforementioned tax due to long-distance flights originating/arriving in the UK.
  3. So instead I booked return tickets from Taipei to Amsterdam and another return ticket from Amsterdam to Edinburgh.
  4. This saved me £80. The ironic shit being that I would have been passing through Amsterdam Airport through both tickets.

Save up a decent cut of money from here until September and you should be fine. Tokyo is more expensive than the UK, Hong Kong is about on-par, but Seoul and Taipei are a lot cheaper than the UK in my experiences.

Thanks for the tips industrian. I'll definitely let you know how I get along as the months pass by :) Already somewhat excited and hyped up.

Fuck. Im gone. Glasgow is party 24/7. Best city uk

KH5Jn.gif

It most certainly is. If it weren't for this glorious city (particularly Byres Road), I wouldn't be eating a burrito for dinner. Can't find this stuff in small towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom