• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I just went to see Loopers. Top film.

Also last night was eventful, my housemate:
  • Got beat up by a girl
  • Lost his glasses
  • Had his wallet stolen/lost
  • Tore his jeans
  • Puked in his room

Figured I might as well ask in here too.

I currently have a coat similar to this in style:

SavoyTaylorsGuildExclusiveBlackCashmereOvercoat.jpg

but would like something that looks similar, but does not feel as heavy as the one I have (reasonably high % of wool). I'm not concerned about the material as such, but I find that wool coats hang too heavy and I tend to rock bars etc in a black chino/shirt/waistcoat combination.

I tend to move around a lot when drinking (visit several bars etc) so it would be nice to have a lighter coat. Ideally, I'd like it to look good both open and closed.

I'm shit at this sort of thing. Really shit. I've checked out Debenhams, House of Frasier, TopMan etc but they all look too heavy.

Suairyu

Banned
Holy shit bishoptl is polishing up his hammer old-school style today. The 12 hour deadline is going to be glorious. We haven't had a decent grey-named blood bath in ages now that asshole-GAF has learnt not to treat the transgendered as second-class citizens.

Holy shit bishoptl is polishing up his hammer old-school style today. The 12 hour deadline is going to be glorious. We haven't had a decent grey-named blood bath in ages now that asshole-GAF has learnt not to treat the transgendered as second-class citizens.

Hopefully someone makes lists of people banned for their contributions to each thread :p

Darren870

Oppsss posted in one of those. Should be fine though....

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Would you mind filling me in on what's happened? Did they just get out of control? I woke up and they were stickied.

SKINNER!

Banned
I can understand why he locked/ban people in that creepshot thread but I'm confused about the Ancient Egypt one. First page seems safe to me. Will take a further look at it.

Cindres

I can understand why he locked/ban people in that creepshot thread but I'm confused about the Ancient Egypt one. First page seems safe to me. Will take a further look at it.

Yeah I'm not really getting why the Egypt one is super bad, except that the OP is full of complete fucking stupidity.

That creepshot one though, man, I read it when it was made and never went back. I just left, ashamed for mankind.

EDIT: Forget it, not getting involved. Here's my only question: "Having not posted in either of them, do users have the ability to edit their posts in a locked thread? (i.e. has bishop given them 12 hours to prove they understand what they said was wrong and remove it, or is he just freezing time so people can gather round to watch the fireworks?)"

Suairyu

Banned
EDIT: Forget it, not getting involved. Here's my only question: "Having not posted in either of them, do users have the ability to edit their posts in a locked thread? (i.e. has bishop given them 12 hours to prove they understand what they said was wrong and remove it, or is he just freezing time so people can gather round to watch the fireworks?)"
Option C: He likes people to be live in terror for half a day before killing them.

GJS

Thrashed the dev score for warface coop mode at eurogamer. Team mates were all on like 10 ai kills each and I had 54.

You can't edit posts in a locked thread unless the VB forum code has been modified to allow it for regular users.

As for your other points check your PMs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Had an awesome gig last night and it was very nice to meet Mike properly and see his luxurious hair :) I'm feeling battered like a sausage today, but I bet I still feel better than the folks at Eurogamer for the last day :p

SKINNER!

Banned
Sausage, bacon, black pud, egg, beans, toast, tea.

The perfect way to beat post drink blues.

Can't beat a bit of mushrooms and a tomato with that but I usually refrain from eating meaty foods in the morning anyway so I don't think I'm in a position to critique your breakfast.
So I'm guessing - after last night's post - that Campus would not be a great venue for the inevitable Glasgow meetup? :p

You can't edit posts in a locked thread unless the VB forum code has been modified to allow it for regular users.

As for your other points check your PMs.

I was always under the impression that mods can see your original post even if you edited it. Can't they also see PMs? I'm probably barking up the wrong tree by asking this but..Is bishop just giving the opportunity for people to clean up their posts in order to make Neogaf look good? seems pointless. just lock/delete the thread already.

EDIT: Broken Sword: Director's Cut is only 25p on the Android Market if anyone's looking for a game to play on their phone/tablet.

Round the bloke's Mum's helping her set up her new laptop and transfer all the files from her old pc. Which is such a relic it's ridiculously slow and taking forever. I am so bored right now.

Lirlond

The only good thing going for campus is that its the best club on sauchiehall. Which isn't much of an achievement when you consider what else is on there (vics, jumping jaks, garage, o couture).

Cindres

Can't beat a bit of mushrooms and a tomato with that but I usually refrain from eating meaty foods in the morning anyway so I don't think I'm in a position to critique your breakfast.
So I'm guessing - after last night's post - that Campus would not be a great venue for the inevitable Glasgow meetup? :p

I was always under the impression that mods can see your original post even if you edited it. Can't they also see PMs? I'm probably barking up the wrong tree by asking this but..Is bishop just giving the opportunity for people to clean up their posts in order to make Neogaf look good? seems pointless. just lock/delete the thread already.

EDIT: Broken Sword: Director's Cut is only 25p on the Android Market if anyone's looking for a game to play on their phone/tablet.

If you do it REALLY quick even the mods can't see your original post but yeah, for the most part they can see what it said before you edited.

3Sixty

Round the bloke's Mum's helping her set up her new laptop and transfer all the files from her old pc. Which is such a relic it's ridiculously slow and taking forever. I am so bored right now.

Just wait until you stumble across something you really don't want to see.

SKINNER!

Banned
I never took Manos seriously anyway. He seems to be a popular user for all the wrong reasons though. The full version of his current avatar is disturbingly funny though. I'll give him that.

SKINNER!

Banned
yeah, he's kinda like that other user that posts here except just replace mkat with m16. Oh, and I think he's a right wing nutter. I didn't mind him to be honest. Like Kosmo's thread, I'd read their thread, throw my 2 cents in and then leave. I've given up trying to change people's opinion regardless of how messed up it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom