• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm really out of touch with the OT personalities.
Top of my head, so missing a load:
Gaborn - he posts news stories that ruin your day, but then also posts news stories that make your day. He penetrates your world.
Timedog - pizza lover, Halo fanatic, joke poster but in the way that's funny, and (since dating Devo) non-white-hetero-male champion.
Devolution - one of the few on GAF who seems actually clued into modern feminist theory, whips Timedog, Halo player, gets (justifiably) angry
Kosmo - runs a chemists, thinks people's religious beliefs gives them grounds to refuse medical treatment to those in need, believes in child slave labour if they're your own kids, reads like Clint Eastwood before he met that asian kid in that one movie about the car
Manos - dead
Dr Eggman - miraculously not a virgin, terrible with women, terrible with posts, got juniored after making a ton of shit threads, wants to be blamespace but isn't attractive enough, wants to be Louis CK but doesn't understand humour
Chinner - less active during the past months, but you know his game. Princess Zelda almost touched him once.
CHEEZMO - CHEEZMO
Scullibundo - film buff, has hard on for James Cameron
Solo - film buff, has hard on for James Bond
jett - film buff, has hard on for hatred
dennis4K - if he holds an opinion, everyone holds that opinion, or at least that what he thinks. also women are just asking for it.

This also ignores the mods. There's more but I wouldn't remember them without seeing them first.

So he was a firearm nut? Never really saw his posts.
Yeah, one of those "guns reduce crime" people.

f0rk

The last couple of pages of the Manos thread was hilarious, he was getting systematically destroyed by 1 guy and he kept trying to brush him off by calling him a liar without any evidence.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Man, that was some insane golf.

Boy oh boy was that thread a fucking graveyard, if you go to the "is gaf too strict" thread, SquiddyBiscuit has a very good run down of all the bans and the potential offending posts.

Morning Gaf.

Well that was a bizarre weekend. Some ups, some downs. Has resulted in me being in a very strange place right now, I don't really know what I'm doing. Need some sort of sign/guidence/justification, I don't know. Maybe I just need to sort my head out, 'cause it is seriously fucked up.

So, yeah, I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do.

Morning Gaf.

Well that was a bizarre weekend. Some ups, some downs. Has resulted in me being in a very strange place right now, I don't really know what I'm doing. Need some sort of sign/guidence/justification, I don't know. Maybe I just need to sort my head out, 'cause it is seriously fucked up.

Don't break up with your bf unless you are absolutely 100% sure that your relationship isn't going anywhere. Don't do anything before you discuss it with him either.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Morning Gaf.

A hangover so bad your ego protection barrier has dropped a little and you have seen a glimpse of things how they really are.

Kentpaul

Looks like im going to Livingston today, I'l watch looper and grab a pizza from pizza express. Chain pizza i know yaddaydda, Life is to short.

I want to catch the new RE movie but my misses ain't having any of it.

Cindres

theres a barburrito in leeds. its very good. i enjoy it digesting it.

My mate keeps telling me how good it is there.
This place called Zapatista opened in Newcastle, very similar I believe, super good.

First Games Dev lectures this afternoon, can't wait for this year.

Looks like im going to Livingston today, I'l watch looper and grab a pizza from pizza express. Chain pizza i know yaddaydda, Life is to short.

Saw Looper at the weekend and thought it was quality, I look forward to reading your opinion.

Kentpaul

My mate keeps telling me how good it is there.
This place called Zapatista opened in Newcastle, very similar I believe, super good.

First Games Dev lectures this afternoon, can't wait for this year.

Saw Looper at the weekend and thought it was quality, I look forward to reading your opinion.

I already know its not going to as good as killing them softy :p

Not tortilla styled ones. We're flexible in our words.. Just like we have candy and cookies.

If you want to be american so much move to america.

Chips
247371999_08c2ea1fe4.jpg

Crisps
tortilla-chips-and-salsa1.jpg

A potato chip (known as a crisp in British English and Hiberno-English; as a chip in American, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian, Singapore, South African, Jamaican English

SKINNER!

Banned
Morning Gaf.

Sounds like you have a bad case of the Mondays.

The shopping centre at Livingston is so huge! Last time I was there I had a job interview at 9am and I just spent the rest of the day checking out the shops and having lunch at Chiquito before driving home. If Resident Evil 5 is a film that you desperately need to see in the cinema then just go by yourself man. Going to the movies by yourself during the morning/afternoon is perfectly acceptable in my book.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Tortilla chips have always been called tortilla chips and not crisps.

hlHcR.jpg
vC8uj.jpg

ZuEFa.jpg

nkrkE.jpg
1HQem.jpg

You can call them crisps if you want, but you'd be wrong.

Cindres

I generally stay away from flavoured tortilla chips, just get plain and add my own cheese/sauce/etc.

Also, "nomenclature" has become GAF's new favourite word when trying to be all big in arguments, people need to stop making me learn new words.
Not that I was involved in these arguments, just reading.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kent's flipping more than he flipped off the police last night.

First he tells me I'm wrong and then agrees with Jill over the exact same issue.

Kentpaul

Kent's flipping more than he flipped off the police last night.

First he tells me I'm wrong and then agrees with Jill over the exact same issue.

I was proven wrong. I have always called them crisps. Once i knew i was wrong i was frantically searching Google images for a picture of them called tortilla crisps.

I did find this

http://studentrecipes.com/recipes/snacks/cheesy-tortilla-crisps/

I'm not the only one who calls them crisps. I guess you guys are letting supermarket branding control your minds again.. Its a sad state of a affairs

SKINNER!

Banned
I can never find a decent dip for tortilla chips whenever I'm in the shops. The doritos branded nacho cheese and sour cream/chive dips are absolutely vile. Regular salsa is alright but I end up just getting some hummus or taramosalata. Anyone know any good dips?

Kentpaul

I can never find a decent dip for tortilla chips whenever I'm in the shops. The doritos branded nacho cheese and sour cream/chive dips are absolutely vile. Regular salsa is alright but I end up just getting some hummus or taramosalata. Anyone know any good dips?

48466011_H.jpg

If you don't enjoy this sauce your tongue must be faulty.

Marks & Spencer used to do really good dips. Ain't bought them in a while so I don't know if they still do them. There were the ones where you get four to a pack, usually included thousand island, garlic and herb, sour cream and chive and something else.

Houmous and carrot sticks is godly. I could eat a whole massive tub of that.

Get the old el paso tex-mex dips, guacamole, sour cream and salsa, plus a massive pack of tortilla chips with melted cheese on top. Man I'm getting hungry now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom