• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After my first year I didn't bother with books. Thank God they were just recommendations on my course.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
After my first year I didn't bother with books. Thank God they were just recommendations on my course.

I took out 3 books for my course last week (Uni Library), first books I've ever taken out for my course and I'm now in 3rd year.

Last year I took out a couple of C++ books, but that was because I was teaching myself C++.

I can't get Guile's Theme out of my head. That Maury video was going around the office today on the IM, so every few minutes I would hear it.

The dude is so happy though, credit where it's due, dude is a sick dancer.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can't get Guile's Theme out of my head. That Maury video was going around the office today on the IM, so every few minutes I would hear it.

The dude is so happy though, credit where it's due, dude is a sick dancer.

When I read "Guiles theme" I started playing it in my head. But then I realised it wasn't Guiles theme but the Double Dragon theme instead which is far superior.

SKINNER!

Banned
Dwarf assassin lies within.

Great, I didn't feel hungry anyway.

also just reading this page. wouldn't say im an OT personality, but thanks bros :] xx

no, thank you for providing the laughs :)

Catching a 7am Eurostar to Paris. Eating chocolate bread. Visiting the museum of eroticisim. Climbing the Eiffel tower. Spending all night at a jazz club.

Suave motherfucker! You better be checking out the Louvre too.

Same! Lecturer posted all the lecture notes online. Borrowed the book from the library for a couple weeks during exam time and that's about it! 5 years of university and I only have 3 textbooks.

I took out 3 books for my course last week (Uni Library), first books I've ever taken out for my course and I'm now in 3rd year.

Last year I took out a couple of C++ books, but that was because I was teaching myself C++.

Damn. We get taught the basics and have to learn everything else from the text books. I must have got 5 or 6 in second year.
I probably need to get a book on energy economics this year which will cost £60-90.

Also fuck those textbooks that have a once redeemable code to get the answers to the questions inside online. After a year the book is useless.

Signed up to do German classes this year too. iregretnothing.gif

SmokyDave

When I read "Guiles theme" I started playing it in my head. But then I realised it wasn't Guiles theme but the Double Dragon theme instead which is far superior.
Shit, that's too tough to call. I'm not going to say you're wrong, but not am I sure you're right.

Ryu's theme tops both.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm waiting for my local Imax theatre to start taking in bookings for Skyfall but nothing has come up yet :(

Also, come on guys. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 had the best music.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Do we start calling you Dave now that you've gave up the fags?

SmokyDave

Do we start calling you Dave now that you've gave up the fags?
Debating PM'ing a mod about that. I wonder if 'Dave' is available.

I'd be tempted to change my avatar to Nicholas Lyndhurst.

I do the same with MvC3 every now and then. Although that's less to do with dumb music or more to do with me forgetting I can't play fighting games
Heh, same. I own tons of 'em though because they're great for local multiplayer. I even bought the Tekken 6 CE because I wanted a wireless arcade stick. I use it to block the power LED on my PC because it blinds me while I play games.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
WO6MX.jpg

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Debating PM'ing a mod about that. I wonder if 'Dave' is available.

I'd be tempted to change my avatar to Nicholas Lyndhurst.

Heh, same. I own tons of 'em though because they're great for local multiplayer. I even bought the Tekken 6 CE because I wanted a wireless arcade stick. I use it to block the power LED on my PC because it blinds me while I play games.

jAIGn.jpg

Feeling better today guys. Still not 100% sure what's going on but each day that passes with no sign just confirms to me that I'm doing the right thing. Still feel a bit sad about it though.

And no, you don't know what I'm talking about. Or maybe you do. If you do and you still don't get it, enough said.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Feeling better today guys. Still not 100% sure what's going on but each day that passes with no sign just confirms to me that I'm doing the right thing. Still feel a bit sad about it though.

And no, you don't know what I'm talking about. Or maybe you do. If you do and you still don't get it, enough said.

Whatever it is, I wish you luck and happiness. Sometimes you need to crawl through crap to find the gold.

Mikeside

Ahh, settling back into life after an exciting long weekend consisting 4 days of Eurogamer Expo a delicious Wagamama meal with some gaffers and Jedeye's gig followed by a day in Richmond sorting out the PCs of an indie music company.

What's GAF been up to?

PS. Who the fuck was that band after yours Jedeye? They were LITERALLY the worst thing I've ever heard.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The new hitman!

Available: 20 November 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 1 month, 2 weeks, 6 days and 14 hours

If the game is made why not just release it. Fucking torture.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ahh, settling back into life after an exciting long weekend consisting 4 days of Eurogamer Expo a delicious Wagamama meal with some gaffers and Jedeye's gig followed by a day in Richmond sorting out the PCs of an indie music company.

What's GAF been up to?

PS. Who the fuck was that band after yours Jedeye? They were LITERALLY the worst thing I've ever heard.

ha! I think they were called Heinous Pianist. I think they were okaaaaaay but perhaps way to referencial to their record collections. As Byron said, they sounded a bit like a covers band but I didn't know any of the songs...

As long as Parachute for Gordo aren't the worst band you've ever heard I'm happy :)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Starting Uni at 4 because I was proactive and did the 11am's practical work last night. We'll see how long this lasts.

Got paid the first half of the bursary for my job today, too. Makin' bank.

SteveWD40

The new hitman!

Available: 20 November 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 1 month, 2 weeks, 6 days and 14 hours

If the game is made why not just release it. Fucking torture.

Hit the right time for maximum sales. Runs smack into Far Cry 3 and Blops 2 though...

Spookie

Hit the right time for maximum sales. Runs smack into Far Cry 3 and Blops 2 though...

Don't forget Medal of Honor and everything else coming out. To be fair compared to the slew of annual games it stands out, hopefully it will sell. If not they can always discount it for the steam sale and make a killing.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I don't care if it sells or not, I just want to play it xD

I was going to buy it today and hope there was a unlock or something to play it but there seems to be sweet fuck all like that for it atm.

Got my driving test this month. Not drinking anything but water so my state of mind is on point to pass this nerve racking bad boy of an experience

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
wtf?! I walked into my flat and there's a new fridge bang in the middle of the kitchen. I'm somewhat grateful but I was not told that I'd be receiving a new fridge and I certainly did not give them permission to access my flat while I was at work. This surely can't be legal...right?

Well it doesn't sound like theft or burglary. Trespass maybe, but are you really going to sue them for it?

On the whole it sounds like a reasonable deal.

SmokyDave

Well it doesn't sound like theft or burglary. Trespass maybe, but are you really going to sue them for it?

On the whole it sounds like a reasonable deal.

Although it's obviously not worth raising hell over, I'd certainly be inclined to remind my landlord that 24 hours notice is customary.

SteveWD40

October 26th.

Don't get it, man...

It is EA, therefore part of my boycott. Plus it will probably be Origin only on PC so there is not chance.

Although it's obviously not worth raising hell over, I'd certainly be inclined to remind my landlord that 24 hours notice is customary.

Proper agencys will give notice, Dave is right, remind them that this is customary as it's a tenuous issue but they need to know they can't come and go as they please.

gragy10

Hardly ever check in on this side of the fence but looks a pretty entertaining thread..

Where do you live: London/Dalston in the week, Cardiff by w'end
Where are you from: Guildford, Surrey
University: Goldsmiths
Sports team of choice: McLaren (F1)
Current political party of choice: Pfff.. Green? Maybe?
Barm, batch, cob or bun: bread roll
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Not into TV - F1, otherwise BBC4 in general
Oasis or Blur: Oasis. Fuck Blur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom