• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
But seriously I just had marmite on toast. That's the real crack here.

I find to much to be overpowering. I like to dip a small tea spoon into a jar then sort of apply the tip of my tongue to the Marmite on the spoon every 20 seconds. That way i get the burst of awesome beefy yeasty goodness without overpowering my delicate senses.

Suairyu

Banned
concise_color.png

Cross posting from the affirmative action thread. Despite the subtitle, I think it applies to the UK as well, though not as much.

While the debate is multi-faceted, I would hope this would shame anyone against the idea on principle.

Mikeside

Jesse Pinkman jamming on a bass. My Sunday is now complete :)
that was pretty good by the way. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'm curious, What kind of bass guitar was that?

T'was a good set, I must say. Except for what came next. Fucking awful bang.

I would like to see what Jedeye's band would do with a proper 18 minute post-rock track though.

Kentpaul

Devo is a huge gaf celebrity. Discussing her ban is like normal people on the street discussing a Hollywood celebrity going to jail.

Its big news.

Random people from the UK discussing a members ban who ain't even from the UK proves they do exist.

Well then they shouldn't? I don't get why we keeping gawking at her time and time again just because she has an opinion that's controversial in the eyes of a handful of the same old fuckwits, thus leading once again into her demonstrating her inability to carry out a debate in a cool-headed manner.

It's the same old song-and-dance, and it's so fucking boring.

Kentpaul

This sums up a lot of "GAF Celebrities".

Incorrect.

If they were boring they would not be celebrities, They would be unnoticed posters who no one would miss or discuss if they were banned.

A fart in the wind pretty much.

Well I wouldn't miss any of them.

And just because a bunch of other, similarly dull people would, doesn't mean I have to conform to their ideas of what one's status is. Celebrity is fake- it's a pre-defined notion of one's position amongst society, based on groupthink, when the reality is importance is never a mass concept- it's an individual one. In lieu of understanding who you truly value, you accept the popular opinion, and thus "celebrity" is born.

It's completely invalid, and meaningless, and just ugly. Even on a small scale like GAF.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Having a lot of presence and having an interesting opinion are not related in the slightest.

You would notice a fly buzzing around your room. Doesn't mean it's an interesting thing to observe.

Having a lot of presence and having an interesting opinion are not related in the slightest.

You would notice a fly buzzing around your room. Doesn't mean it's an interesting thing to observe.

No, but you wouldn't have a bunch of people going "MAN, THAT FLY HUH?" either. No problem with observing these things, but going on about them constantly? ughhhhhh *puts gun in mouth*

TCRS

Banned

Reminds of yesterday... I was watching Broken Flowers. A fucking mosquito flies right in front me just as I was about to drink my water. Water all over my laptop. I pause the movie, switch on the lights and go on the hunt. Result: mosquito massacre. Three dead ones on my wall and one somewhere on the floor.

Kentpaul

A fly's death doesn't spark up a discussion in the UK thread. A gaf celebrity being banned does.

I recall you guys gossiping about EGGMAN getting his junior tag to.

Eggman getting juniored meant the end of his dumb threads, thereby increasing the quality of the OT (on paper, anyway). Hard not to discuss a victory like that.

Anyway, enough of this. I'm only perpetuating what I wish to see end. Time to watch that Stewart/O'Reilly debate, should be fun

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well lets see. Do you know who Chet is because I'm guessing you don't. He was banned and many GAFfers in his community adopted his avatar to show their lament over this.

So really what makes someone a "GAF celebrity"?
HA HA eFame!

Well lets see. Do you know who Chet is because I'm guessing you don't. He was banned and many GAFfers in his community adopted his avatar to show their lament over this.

HA HA eFame!

Eh, he's more a "beloved member of the community". There's a difference there. Likewise, it'd fucking SUCK to see, hell, any of you lot banned. Doesn't mean you're all celebrities.
none of you are one-dimensional enough

Kentpaul

HA HA eFame!

Does the member Scullibundo stand out to you ? He is a movie buff celebrity of NeoGAF.

Kentpaul

skyfall is going to own you guys

Only solo can hyped about a bond movie. He is the bond gaf celebrity.

Only chinner can enjoy video games (Also known as the British blamespace)

Only blamespace can type in lower case all the time

Only amir0x can post about enjoy drugs

Only snuggler can post about enjoy drinking while gaming!

Only Sculli can post about enjoy movies

Only timedog can post eating pizza.

Gaf celebrity's > Normal members.

Every gaf celebrity has a topic of interest that no other member should compete in posting about.

SmokyDave

That kissing soldier thread is clownshoes.
'Clownshoes' is certainly one way of putting it. I opened the OT, read the first page of that topic and said 'fuck it'. Went and looked at tits and mountain bikes instead.

A fly's death doesn't spark up a discussion in the UK thread.
Wait, what's this? A fly has died?

When? How? I missed it. Was it an old fly? Any idea of gender? Did it have any little flies?

Gaf celebrities = people who spend every waking hour of their lives on Gaf to ensure their presence is everywhere and everyone knows who they are. Because they have nothing better to do. And being recognised by strangers in an Internet forum gives meaning to their otherwise empty lives.

No offence Chinner.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want people to know who I am, being an extrovert it goes with the territory. I just honestly would not have the time to dedicate to reading and responding constantly to so many threads for such a long period of time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jesse Pinkman jamming on a bass. My Sunday is now complete :)
that was pretty good by the way. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'm curious, What kind of bass guitar was that?

lol cheers man :) not sure on the exact model but the bass is an Ibanez. GOnna get a new one soon as this is on its last legs, I'm not really fussy about the model really.

Qasiel

Only solo can hyped about a bond movie. He is the bond gaf celebrity.

Only chinner can enjoy video games (Also known as the British blamespace)

Only blamespace can type in lower case all the time

Only amir0x can post about enjoy drugs

Only snuggler can post about enjoy drinking while gaming!

Only Sculli can post about enjoy movies

Only timedog can post eating pizza.

Gaf celebrity's > Normal members.

Every gaf celebrity has a topic of interest that no other member should compete in posting about.

Exactly. And it's old-hat and boring, which is why I said it about summing up most GAF celebrities.

Someone posts a thread about pizza that isn't Timedog - people go "what? A pizza thread without Timedog? No waaayyyy..."

Chinner

Banned
why am I being associated with devolution and blame space and why am I being called an attention whore lol. I don't even post that much or have a 'thing' to post about.

hurts deep guys.

Suairyu

Banned

HA HA eFame!
Chet Rippo of PokéGAF fame?

guyz remember when zelda mentioned me on twitter?

validate my existence guys :(
It does make you the only GAF celeb to cross over into the mainstream.

But that means you're too good for us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom