• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Another negative: it kind of ruins the character of The Boss.

And Big Boss.

But Kojima has been ruining him consistently in every game past MGS3.

Didn't basically all the characters start out ruined?
I've never really understood the respect that MGS storyline gets.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think of the Vita as more of a handheld console than a portable.

Same here.

As for Peace Walker, I played the first couple of missions (PS3 HD Collection) but found it hard to get into. And if it weren't for my burned-in knowledge of MGS2 & 3 then it'd probably be the same case there. Years of playing shit like Call of Duty has given me a really "impatient" style of playing games.

Suairyu

Banned
I've woken up unable to move my neck/head. The pain is excruciating. It's made worse by the fact I actually only have two free vertebrae at that end, due to the majority of my spine being fused into one bone when I was 16 (thanks, scoliosis!) so now I'm really worried if this is something I should get checked asap or just see how the day goes and how it feels tomorrow morning.

It'll be the latter because I have work.

That sucks Suairyu, hope you feel better soon. I'd say if they pain doesn't at least ease off by midday go see your doctor.

I'm still ill, in fact yesterday I thought I was starting to get better, but now this morning the sore throat is back with a vengence, along with a nasty cough, and I'm still all bunged up. Damn colds. When will you science people find a cure dammit!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. A lot of nonsense in the April Joke thread over night. I'm not even going to bump it since it'll just result in more people not knowing the difference between arrested and charged. - Yes I know this particular person was charged but that doesn't mean people are not misusing the terms.

Almost tempted to make an avatar bet that he will be found innocent.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The scumbag will get a his ass kicked about the custody cells when the other people waiting to be seen find out about his sick joke.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't even know what the hell you're talking about with this "April" thing.

It's a massive conspiracy to depress the shit out of people who watch breakfast news while they are tired and emotionally vulnerable. Every day, the residents of a small scottish town act out the stages of grief for for rows and rows of camera crews, feeding the camera'd crows with strips of flesh and dignity. I think they're slowly coming towards the acceptance phase right now, but there's been a hell of a lot of denial to get to this point.

IMO (and this is probably illegal) they should have let the guy go from custody and followed him. Because if he does have the little girl in some kind of hole, she's never going to be found as long as he's inside, obviously.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I actually literally didn't know about anything regarding it. Not just the facebook joke thing.

But a quick check of BBC News tells me it's about another white girl going missing. Or as the British media would call it "good news."

Or as the British media would call it "worse than Hitler" or "something to do when the news is quiet" or "let's make Jedeye Sniv cry in the morning"

SmokyDave

It's a massive conspiracy to depress the shit out of people who watch breakfast news while they are tired and emotionally vulnerable. Every day, the residents of a small scottish town act out the stages of grief for for rows and rows of camera crews, feeding the camera'd crows with strips of flesh and dignity. I think they're slowly coming towards the acceptance phase right now, but there's been a hell of a lot of denial to get to this point.

IMO (and this is probably illegal) they should have let the guy go from custody and followed him. Because if he does have the little girl in some kind of hole, she's never going to be found as long as he's inside, obviously.

Nothing good comes from watching TV before 7pm. Nothing.

Mikeside

You don't need to watch TV to see that.

Yeah, fair enough. I download pretty much all the shows I watch too, but that required HDD space, a PC, the internet...

But yeah, hugely better than having to be on a specific channel at a specific time to watch your favourite shows. I don't understand why we don't have the option to subscribe to whatever your favourite shows are and have them streamable whenever and wherever you want as a standard. I realize I can do this with iPlayer and 4oD, but what about when I want Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, New Girl, etc?

Kentpaul

inb4 the doc just gives him Valium to relax the muscle and sends him on his way.

what happened on the X factor last night, I'm seeing a lot of OUTRAGE on Facebook about it?

inb4 the doc just gives him Valium to relax the muscle and sends him on his way.

what happened on the X factor last night, I'm seeing a lot of OUTRAGE on Facebook about it?

Sorry but....
who-gives-a-shit.gif

Mikeside

Can we all take a break from the depressing news stories and the equally upsetting fact that it's a Monday to talk about how fucking awesome 1984 is?

Such a good fucking book. Though every time I re-read it, I do end up getting really depressed. Suz has banned me from reading it.

Don't be one of the people posting this gif.

It's almost as bad as "first world problems" and "cool story bro".

I like 'cool story bro' in some cases, where somebody really REALLY needs their point to be disregarded entirely.

You have to be pretty qualified to provide me a massage. Your average masseuse can't!

Morphine would be swell, though. I miss that drug.

Don't be one of the people posting this gif.

It's almost as bad as "first world problems" and "cool story bro".

It gets to the point. Why wouldn't I use it?

Are you talking about the town where the little girl went missing? Cos that's in Wales dude...

Fuck this. Booked the doctor appointment.

Good, hope he sorts it out for you.

I am so glad that so very few of my friends watch X factor or comment about it on Facebook. Of course it's fixed, it's a tv show made to provide entertainment and make money, it is in no way a talent show and should not be regarded as such.

Kentpaul

Are you talking about the town where the little girl went missing? Cos that's in Wales dude...

Good, hope he sorts it out for you.

I am so glad that so very few of my friends watch X factor or comment about it on Facebook. Of course it's fixed, it's a tv show made to provide entertainment and make money, it is in no way a talent show and should not be regarded as such.

" Did anyone else see the production guy jump up beside him just before his turn to vote!"

I'm reading the real radio comment's about it.

Hopefully this is the final nail in its coffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1iATG8gmWk

Michael McIntyre is a fine comedian, he just has two major issues:

1) Too much prancing
2) The best comedians are like leagues above him, making him look shite in comparison

He's still funny though. I always like his bit about planes not leaving without you.

SKINNER!

Banned
Well at least he isn't Russell Howard, the man who just takes something funny off the Internet and manages to make it unfunny.

And then they decided to make a show dedicated to that art.

Did you encounter the atrocity that is Tosh.0 on Comedy Central? Came across it while channel-surfing in a dirty motel in the US. Carbon copy of the Russell Howard show except with a US twang.

who started this shit anyway? Ray William Johnson?

Such a good fucking book. Though every time I re-read it, I do end up getting really depressed. Suz has banned me from reading it.

Seen the film with John Hurt? Loved the dark, grim look and John Hurt was incredible but the film felt a bit hallow compared to the book.

EDIT: zomg, Pearl Jam are touring the UK next year. They'll be going to London and Manchester...Might venture into Meadows/Cheezmo territory.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I would blame shows like You've Been Framed which is where we got our short bursts of entertainment before the Internet. They often had someone trying to crack a joke rather than letting the video do the talking.

It's the audiovisual equivalent of putting unnecessary text on gifs.

Judge Blah here, to lay down the law:

1. .gifs like "who gives a shit" and "ain't nobody got time for that" are funny in the right context
  2. Michael McIntyre is perfectly acceptable to like, unless you're really miserable
  3. Russell Howard is a Jeremy
Back to work, people!

SmokyDave

Michael McIntyre fucking slays me. The dude just cracks me up.

Russell Howard needs encasing in concrete and dropping in the Thames, tied to Frankie Boyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom