• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
SmokyDave is the "British guy" Celebrity.

'Clownshoes' is certainly one way of putting it. I opened the OT, read the first page of that topic and said 'fuck it'. Went and looked at tits and mountain bikes instead.

Wait, what's this? A fly has died?

When? How? I missed it. Was it an old fly? Any idea of gender? Did it have any little flies?

The fly died in the middle of a field. No one seen or heard the fly.

The fly was simply nothing more than a banned Jr who made 3 posts.

Mr. Sam

Didn't play Hitman at Eurogamer; did play Dishonored. Dishonored was quite good, actually, but I'd imagine the price won't be too sturdy if you want to put off getting it in exchange for getting it at a fraction of the price.

Mikeside

Aw man, first I had to live with the disappointment of not being a real celebrity, now I'm not even a GAF celebrity either.

Maybe one day I'll rise to the lofty heights of a UK GAF celeb like Chinner, Dave or Kentpaul.

Hm... when I list it like that it doesn't sound like such a lofty height :p

its a poor mans hitman.

this is exactly what I'm talking about right here, lol

Darren870

I often wonder if these "celebs" have jobs. I just don't understand how they post so much. I've been around for sometime and my post count is pretty small. Most of it is in the buying and selling thread anyways...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chet Rippo of PokéGAF fame?

Yes. But outside of the communities he's part of I'm sure his presence is less well known. Wouldn't be surprised if most of these "GAF celebs" are unknowns over in gaming side. I know I had no idea who some of them were until I started to pay attention to OT and I still find most of it is hearsay.

Suairyu

Banned
Fucking Peace Walker boss battles. Worst boss battles in the entire series, and there's so many of them. They're completely co-op balanced and so the bosses have unreasonable amounts of health and they're more just wars of attrition than actual challenges. Also stealth is impossible with most of them. Ugh.

I often wonder if these "celebs" have jobs. I just don't understand how they post so much. I've been around for sometime and my post count is pretty small. Most of it is in the buying and selling thread anyways...

Yup, so many of these people have like 30-40 posts per day. I don't know how they have time to do that!

SKINNER!

Banned
My PS3 did that a while ago, not too expensive to fix it at £55, probably less for a 360.

Thanks man. I had the same isssue with my old 360 a couple of years ago but ended up buying a new one instead. I had no clue that you can get it repaired.

Thankfully, I restarted my current 360 and it's playing other discs just fine now so it's just the Resident Evil 6 disc that's not working. Damn you Capcom!

Spookie

Dishonored or X-Com next Friday?
probably both

Both!

None.

Get the new hitman when it comes out. Its the only video game that ins't halo 4 worth buying this year.

bryannolnekf.gif

f0rk

Did anyone watch Hunted? It's really dumb, classic UK drama wishing it was America. Even has the British guy doing an awful American accent that they all have.

Suairyu

Banned
Yes. But outside of the communities he's part of I'm sure his presence is less well known. Wouldn't be surprised if most of these "GAF celebs" are unknowns over in gaming side. I know I had no idea who some of them were until I started to pay attention to OT and I still find most of it is hearsay.
So why exactly was he banned?

And Andrex shall always be the GAF celeb for me. The day he revealed he didn't actually own an android device was earth-shattering.

Suairyu

Banned
Thanks man. I had the same isssue with my old 360 a couple of years ago but ended up buying a new one instead. I had no clue that you can get it repaired.

Thankfully, I restarted my current 360 and it's playing other discs just fine now so it's just the Resident Evil 6 disc that's not working. Damn you Capcom!
Sorry to piss on your parade but that probably means it's dying still. My OG xbox stopped reading viva piñata and gears of war first.

SKINNER!

Banned
Sorry to piss on your parade but that probably means it's dying still. My OG xbox stopped reading viva piñata and gears of war first.

oh for real?! Snap. Maybe I should look into swapping it for one of the new slim models before it decides to call it quits.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So why exactly was he banned?

No idea. I don't talk to him outside of GAF. Some say his posting of images from a NSFW show (even if said pictures were SFW) in the Pokémon thread done him in.

Also please keep your opinions to yourselves. Brits have no rights online.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Fucking Peace Walker boss battles. Worst boss battles in the entire series, and there's so many of them. They're completely co-op balanced and so the bosses have unreasonable amounts of health and they're more just wars of attrition than actual challenges. Also stealth is impossible with most of them. Ugh.

Preach.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm surprised they didn't alter that for the HD versions actually. I recall spending almost an hour beating one of the bosses. Hands cramps galore that day.
Chinner and I are going to co-op so maybe it'll magically transform into a brilliant experience, but I doubt it. Feels very Monster Hunter-y in that it's less about strategy and more about patient whittling down of stats.

SmokyDave

Peace Walker is the only MGS I haven't played and it's sitting on my Vita memory card waiting for me to be on holiday in a fortnight. You're not selling it to me chaps.

Based on that April Jones thread, I'd like to suggest this for the next thread:

UK/R.O.I. GAF |OT2| State of the Police! Woo Woo Woo!

...because nothing's better than a Goldie Lookin' Chain reference

Peace Walker is the only MGS I haven't played and it's sitting on my Vita memory card waiting for me to be on holiday in a fortnight. You're not selling it to me chaps.

How's about this: what else are you gonna play on your Vita? ;)

Suairyu

Banned
Okay, positives:

The game is broken up into missions, each typically lasting 10 to 15 minutes each on a first play. They're okay, with the traditional MGS atmosphere and "fuck I hope they don't see me" tension gone because you know it's just a five minute, linear mission.

But then you want to replay that mission (which you can do whenever) to get an S-rank, which requires no kills, no alerts and doing it under a certain, unspecified time. Then it's fun.

Basically, Peace Walker is a terrible Metal Gear game, but a quite fun time-attack arcade game inspired by Metal Gear.

Mikeside

Okay, positives:

The game is broken up into missions, each typically lasting 10 to 15 minutes each on a first play. They're okay, with the traditional MGS atmosphere and "fuck I hope they don't see me" tension gone because you know it's just a five minute, linear mission.

But then you want to replay that mission (which you can do whenever) to get an S-rank, which requires no kills, no alerts and doing it under a certain, unspecified time. Then it's fun.

Basically, Peace Walker is a terrible Metal Gear game, but a quite fun time-attack arcade game inspired by Metal Gear.

Basically this, yeah.
It's the best Metal Gear game I can imagine on a portable.

SmokyDave

So this is Green Scar?
http://i.imgur.com/GaeOQ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
As I understand it, that's 100% accurate.

Could you tell Green Scar that I'm not talking to him until he retracts his filthy slanderous lies.
[quote="Suairyu, post: 42959122"]Okay, positives:

The game is broken up into missions, each typically lasting 10 to 15 minutes each on a first play. They're [i]okay[/i], with the traditional MGS atmosphere and "fuck I hope they don't see me" tension gone because you know it's just a five minute, linear mission.

Basically, Peace Walker is a terrible Metal Gear game, but a quite fun time-attack arcade game inspired by Metal Gear.[/QUOTE]
Woah, that's the [i]positives?[/i]

I reckon I'll play Retro City Rampage or JSR instead then!

[quote="IamMikeside, post: 42959185"]Basically this, yeah.
It's the best Metal Gear game I can imagine on a portable.[/QUOTE]
I just played the HD collection on Vita and loved every minute of it. I think of the Vita as more of a handheld console than a portable.

Mikeside

I just played the HD collection on Vita and loved every minute of it. I think of the Vita as more of a handheld console than a portable.

Well that's cool and all, but I just meant that as far as a Metal Gear Solid game to play on the train etc etc then it's the best I can imagine because fairly true to the formula it's digestible in 10-15 minute chunks.

SmokyDave

Well that's cool and all, but I just meant that as far as a Metal Gear Solid game to play on the train etc etc then it's the best I can imagine because fairly true to the formula it's digestible in 10-15 minute chunks.
I was coming back to edit that because it came off a little grumpy. Sorry man, I do get what you mean.

Still, Peace Walker hype utterly deflated. I wanted another console style MGS :(

Mikeside

I was coming back to edit that because it came off a little grumpy. Sorry man, I do get what you mean.

Still, Peace Walker hype utterly deflated. I wanted another console style MGS :(

Ehh, I didn't think it came off as grumpy, I just felt I could've explained my side of it better.

Peace Walker is a fun game, I wouldn't worry about it :)

I just finished my first playthrough of Borderlands 2.
A fantastic ride, I actually enjoyed the parts I played solo just as much as co-opping it this time, so that's obviously a huge improvement over the first one.

Suairyu

Banned
Another negative: it kind of ruins the character of The Boss.

And Big Boss.

But Kojima has been ruining him consistently in every game past MGS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom