• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Sorry, I forgot to respond to that PM as I was just packing up from work when I got it. Only GAFfers I've added so far are one's I've met from London meets. Find it a bit easier to add if I've actually spoken with them face to face. But if you work out who I am I'll add you.
The only game times that will be laughed at are mine. I really should open my Sream client more.
I have much the same rule - I've only added runlikehell - but I thought as we were proposed maybe comrades in creativity it'd be okay.

Don't game much on my PC. Don't have Steam. But I don't wanna be left out, so when I get home I will download it and join.

And I'm still really ill btw, thanks for asking :p I think I have a chest infection now. Should probably not be in work, but still far too busy to go home.

SteveWD40

Anyone want some free TF2 items btw? I have them in my backback (assume people can see that?), I traded CS:GO beta access invite for a Dota 2 one and the guy included them for some reason. I don't play it (tried to love it, failed) so shout dibs if you want them.

SKINNER!

Banned
Joined. It would be pretty cool if we allocated one or two evnings a month and just have a gaming session of Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress or Worms! :)

Feel free to add me on Xbox Live and PSN too: Shortysymd
I picked up Scott Pilgrim Vs the World from the XBLA store and it is soo much fun. Can't beat a good side scroller beat-em-up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Don't game much on my PC. Don't have Steam. But I don't wanna be left out, so when I get home I will download it and join.

And I'm still really ill btw, thanks for asking :p I think I have a chest infection now. Should probably not be in work, but still far too busy to go home.

Aw that sucks :( mine only lasted for a few days and then mostly cleared up although I have a cough that won't shift. It's a really crappy one though innit. Feel better soon!

Mikeside

Joined. It would be pretty cool if we allocated one or two evnings a month and just have a gaming session of Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress or Worms! :)

I picked up Scott Pilgrim Vs the World from the XBLA store and it is soo much fun. Can't beat a good side scroller beat-em-up.

I'm down with that - a monthly or fortnightly game evening or something :)

Seanbob11

Worms battles would be amazing!

SteveWD40

This is what I would love, all the youtube channels I like have people co-oping PC games and it looks like bags of fun, all my mates are too busy / in love with XBL these days.

I just need to get a mic / headphone set as my current headphones have no mic.

Mikeside

This is what I would love, all the youtube channels I like have people co-oping PC games and it looks like bags of fun, all my mates are too busy / in love with XBL these days.

I just need to get a mic / headphone set as my current headphones have no mic.

Dude, I'm always playing on PC so if you ever want to co-op at something, give me a shout. I'm sure we can sort something out.

Yeah, a mic is pretty much needed - so much easier than having to interrupt the game to text chat

SteveWD40

Dude, I'm always playing on PC so if you ever want to co-op at something, give me a shout. I'm sure we can sort something out.

Yeah, a mic is pretty much needed - so much easier than having to interrupt the game to text chat

Cool. I will have an eye out for one, I did use one when I played WoW but the headphones were shit that it was attached to (Vent server mostly), wonder if my BT headset would work :b

Mr. Sam

My, we're living in the future! It's alright.

Can't wait until I get a half decent laptop and I actually have an excuse to use Steam.

Mikeside

Thanks, sucks but such is life. I guess she was old (9) for the type of dog she was (doberman)

My lurcher, Charlie is about 12 now. He seems happy & healthy, but literally not a day goes by when I'm not scared that he might not have long left. I love that little terror.

Anybody been watching that BBC3 show with Andy Samberg? I fucking love Greg Davies in it, he plays the suffering dad role really well. It's pretty funny.

SteveWD40

Anybody been watching that BBC3 show with Andy Samberg? I fucking love Greg Davies in it, he plays the suffering dad role really well. It's pretty funny.

I saw the first one, was surprised to see the "mega star" Samberg on a UK sitcom, he had a run of bad luck or did they just offer him the right money?

It wasn't bad though, reminded me of my crush on Baxendale as well.

Willing to watch anything with Greg Davies - what's the show?

Cuckoo, it's called

I saw the first one, was surprised to see the "mega star" Samberg on a UK sitcom, he had a run of bad luck or did they just offer him the right money?

It wasn't bad though, reminded me of my crush on Baxendale as well.

Given the Lonely Island is still going and he just did an Adam Sandler film, he probably just liked the script. It's the BBC, they wouldn't pony up his regular paycheck.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah I liked it, there were a few lines that really made me chuckle. Also the girl in it is beautiful. That closeup they did on her face in the first ep. My god those eyes!

I also really liked the parents singing Salt n Peppa at each other, its odd to think of songs like those as oldies now and it was a clever way of setting up the parents as 'cool' before Greg starts being a bastard to Samburg.

A good setup in other words, will watch more.

Juicy Bob

Given the Lonely Island is still going and he just did an Adam Sandler film, he probably just liked the script. It's the BBC, they wouldn't pony up his regular paycheck.
Yeah, I read an interview with him and he said the reason he did it was because they just approached him about it and he read the script and wanted to do it.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm down with that - a monthly or fortnightly game evening or something :)

Im needing to get back into PC gaming as well as I haven't used my desktop these days. But yeah, we can come up with a list of games (A UKGAF Worms Battle would certainly be fun) we can play, Arrange it to like the 3rd Thursday evening of every month and just see how it goes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm still on a laptop so I can't really play the most up to date games. I'm currently sleeping in the guest room as my bedroom in being redecorated on a similar schedule as Half Life 3. So as a result I have no room for a desk and thus no room for a desktop PC.

Mikeside

Im needing to get back into PC gaming as well as I haven't used my desktop these days. But yeah, we can come up with a list of games (A UKGAF Worms Battle would certainly be fun) we can play, Arrange it to like the 3rd Thursday evening of every month and just see how it goes.

I've got too many games on Steam/Origin/PC, but these are some of the best for co-op or vs multiplayer that I own:

Worms Reloaded
Borderlands 2
Torchlight II
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2
FIFA 13
Mass Effect 3
Renegade Ops
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Splinter Cell Conviction
RISK Factions
XCOM
DEFCON
Battlefield 3
Alien Breed

Essentially, I'm up for whatever. Would be nice if we can mix it up a bit.

SKINNER!

Banned
I wasn't aware of the small amount of games on my steam account but at least Left4Dead2 is there and I definitely agree we need to play that. Gotta pick up Worms Reloaded and Mike, is RISK factions related to the boardgame by any chance? We spoke about playing RISK a while ago, I could pick that game up and give it a go. Somewhat surprised that UKGAF aren't big on their RTS. No Red Alert 2/3? Generals? I suck at RTS but it's a great multiplayer game.

Mikeside

I wasn't aware of the small amount of games on my steam account but at least Left4Dead2 is there and I definitely agree we need to play that. Gotta pick up Worms Reloaded and Mike, is RISK factions related to the boardgame by any chance? We spoke about playing RISK a while ago, I could pick that game up and give it a go. Somewhat surprised that UKGAF aren't big on their RTS. No Red Alert 2/3? Generals? I suck at RTS but it's a great multiplayer game.

I'm a huge RTS fan, but I haven't really enjoyed much since my Red Alert 2 days. I was so good back then :(

RISK factions is basically dumbed down RISK, but it's a lot of fun. I think there's a full Risk mode on there too, we'd have to take a look.

I'd love to do a couple of Left 4 Dead 2 session - not had a proper co-op game of it since I bought it at launch!!

Qasiel

I like a bit of RTS action, and I've got RA2 & 3 (Soviet. Always Soviet!). Just ordered a new laptop so with luck it'll be here soon and I can get Steam back up and running

Yeah I liked it, there were a few lines that really made me chuckle. Also the girl in it is beautiful. That closeup they did on her face in the first ep. My god those eyes!

I also really liked the parents singing Salt n Peppa at each other, its odd to think of songs like those as oldies now and it was a clever way of setting up the parents as 'cool' before Greg starts being a bastard to Samburg.

A good setup in other words, will watch more.

It's surprisingly good! Especially for BBC3. The second episode is even funnier, with a cracking ending and some great awkward turns from Greg. It's interesting to see him being the comedic centre, with such a goofball character like Samberg in the show. I suspect this is another "New Girl"- the show revolves around a well-known actor doing what they do best, but another character ends being far and away the highlight.

That reminds me- I haven't seen any of New Girl S2 yet. That's my night sorted.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm a huge RTS fan, but I haven't really enjoyed much since my Red Alert 2 days. I was so good back then :(

RISK factions is basically dumbed down RISK, but it's a lot of fun. I think there's a full Risk mode on there too, we'd have to take a look.

I'd love to do a couple of Left 4 Dead 2 session - not had a proper co-op game of it since I bought it at launch!!

No game made me as angry as trying to play L4D2 on 360 with the awful awful people on Live. I must have attempted 20 games, I don't think I ever saw the last level of any campaign. It would make me rage, and then that rage would make me tired and sad. If I had a PC I'd be all over that game.

Mikeside

No game made me as angry as trying to play L4D2 on 360 with the awful awful people on Live. I must have attempted 20 games, I don't think I ever saw the last level of any campaign. It would make me rage, and then that rage would make me tired and sad. If I had a PC I'd be all over that game.

...you know what to do!

I'll even help you build one :D

Mikeside

What level are you at?

I'll answer this when I get home...not a high one, lol

I said before, but it's a game I love the idea of and was HUGELY excited for, but it came out on the same day as Borderlands 2 which all my friends were playing with me, and now XCOM and Dishonored are out, so I don't see myself playing a lot until Xmas unless we do some GAF co-op :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
...you know what to do!

I'll even help you build one :D

No one game is worth the £400 to make a new PC! There really is very little of interest on the PC right now besides prettier ports of stuff I've already played (would love to play modded GTA or Skyrim for instance).

Plus, and this is a fairly big issue - I don't know if I can handle the hassle and heartache of moving all my media over to a new platform. My iDevices will wipe themselves and I'll have to fuck around with them, I'd have to import all my music back over... oh man, just thinking about it makes me want to hide under my desk!

Nope, PC gaming is not in my forseeable future!

Mikeside

No one game is worth the £400 to make a new PC! There really is very little of interest on the PC right now besides prettier ports of stuff I've already played (would love to play modded GTA or Skyrim for instance).

Plus, and this is a fairly big issue - I don't know if I can handle the hassle and heartache of moving all my media over to a new platform. My iDevices will wipe themselves and I'll have to fuck around with them, I'd have to import all my music back over... oh man, just thinking about it makes me want to hide under my desk!

Nope, PC gaming is not in my forseeable future!

Fair enough - can't argue with that. Except to say you're being boring :p
For what it's worth, I don't think the iDevices will wipe so long as you hook your itunes up to the same account before you connect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom