• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Anyone else have "friends" on Facebook that you only have to make yourself feel better about your life?

Sometimes when I'm feeling down I just log on and think "Yep, it could be worse"

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Quick question. I saw LA Noire in a shop today for eight quid. I've never played it before but I find the game's premise interesting. Is it worth picking up or should I not bother?

It's not worth £8.

It's totally worth 8 measly quid. You'll get a couple nights of fun out of it, and you may even complete it. It's worth if for spotting the cameos. Although having played it before watching Mad Men is weird. They made the main actor way shorter than he really is.

I think the set design in the game is super impressive too. The city is rubbish but the interiors are really neat.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Anyone else have "friends" on Facebook that you only have to make yourself feel better about your life?

Sometimes when I'm feeling down I just log on and think "Yep, it could be worse"

Hadn't thought about it like that but yeah, I guess there are a few of those.

Mikeside

It's totally worth 8 measly quid. You'll get a couple nights of fun out of it, and you may even complete it. It's worth if for spotting the cameos. Although having played it before watching Mad Men is weird. They made the main actor way shorter than he really is.

I think the set design in the game is super impressive too. The city is rubbish but the interiors are really neat.

If LA Noire is worth £8 then XCOM, GAF Worms and GAF Left4Dead 2 are easily worth the £4-500 we talked about yesterday.

Hypocrite :p :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If LA Noire is worth £8 then XCOM, GAF Worms and GAF Left4Dead 2 are easily worth the £4-500 we talked about yesterday.

Hypocrite :p :p

lmao.

I liked LA Noire :( till it got all shitty anyway

My purchasing priorities for the next 6 months are: new roof, fix the boiler, get a new bass, new new iPad when it's out, PC.

In that order :p

daviyoung

Banned

Yeh, as long as you're not expecting a game that you play then you're golden. To me it's worth the price of a crummy B-movie rental from Blockbuster: 99p for 3 nights.

Mikeside

lmao.

My purchasing priorities for the next 6 months are: new roof, fix the boiler, get a new bass, new new iPad when it's out, PC.

Ooh, what basses are you looking at?
What gen iPad are you on atm? Let me know if you're going to be looking at selling it for iPad 4 funds

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ooh, what basses are you looking at?
What gen iPad are you on atm? Let me know if you're going to be looking at selling it for iPad 4 funds

Not sure on the bass yet, Johnny has found some for me around the £300 mark since I'm not really precious about labels or makes. Probably just a classic squire. As long as I can plug it into a fuzzbox and the neck isn't too thick I'm happy. My current bass is very tempermental, it cuts out of I go too mental with it.

I'm on an iPad 2 right now but unfortunately wifey already has dibs on it. And she isn't even giving me any money for it either :( the 3 wasn't enough of a jump for me so hopefully the 4 has a nice processor boost to go with the fancy new screen.

SKINNER!

Banned
What I plan on hopefully picking up...someday...if I can find it at a good price

me50b_main.jpg

Mikeside

Not sure on the bass yet, Johnny has found some for me around the £300 mark since I'm not really precious about labels or makes. Probably just a classic squire. As long as I can plug it into a fuzzbox and the neck isn't too thick I'm happy. My current bass is very tempermental, it cuts out of I go too mental with it.

I'm on an iPad 2 right now but unfortunately wifey already has dibs on it. And she isn't even giving me any money for it either :( the 3 wasn't enough of a jump for me so hopefully the 4 has a nice processor boost to go with the fancy new screen.

I only really want one to play Assassin's Creed: Recollection, to be honest. Everything else is secondary. I'm sure there'll be some gen2s going cheap when the 4 pre-orders go up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What I plan on hopefully picking up...someday...if I can find it at a good price

me50b_main.jpg

Aw yeah! Those things are bewildering and fun as hell. I always find the delays on them are super awesome.

I only really want one to play Assassin's Creed: Recollection, to be honest. Everything else is secondary. I'm sure there'll be some gen2s going cheap when the 4 pre-orders go up.

I swap you mine for a laptop :p

Is Recollection the card game? tbh I don't even know if it's any good, it's not one that folks talk about that much.

Mikeside

I swap you mine for a laptop :p

Is Recollection the card game? tbh I don't even know if it's any good, it's not one that folks talk about that much.

Depends what sort of spec you'd want, but that's entirely possible, actually!

I played AC:R on my iPod and it's really enjoyable, but hugely suffers from the small screen.
If they'd just take the stick out of their butt and release it on Android, I'd be a happy man.

Catching up with friends you haven't spoke to in a while is always fun.

"Hey, how you doing? It's been a while, how's uni?"
"Yeah it's great! I got spiked, ended up unconscious in hospital"

...wat

Seanbob11

lmao.

I realise many many people do this but, how can it one of your priorities when we have no clue what it will be like. :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I realise many many people do this but, how can it one of your priorities when we have no clue what it will be like. :p

Well, I want the retina screen and the spec bump since I know it'll have that at least. The iPad 3 wasn't beefy enough to warrant an upgrade but I'm betting the 4 will be.

Spookie

Guys my job is mind numbingly shit and I've spent the last month reading books to pass the time.

EGADS. I ran out of books after reading all of Charlie Brookers stuff. I need some recommendations so I don't bash out my brains with a monitor tomorrow.

Lirlond

Guys my job is mind numbingly shit and I've spent the last month reading books to pass the time.

EGADS. I ran out of books after reading all of Charlie Brookers stuff. I need some recommendations so I don't bash out my brains with a monitor tomorrow.

A song of Ice and Fire, Farseer Trilogy, Perdido Street Station, First Law Trilogy, Discworld series, Liveship trilogy.

Scuderia

eBGDAE?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
CHEEZMO™;43060900 said:
Reminds me, I finished High Castle. Was rad.

Rockin. That stabbing scene is one of my favourites. So disorienting and vicious.

How did you feel about the I Ching stuff in there? It was the first time I had come across the idea and I found it fascinating. Did you know that Dick wrote the whole book by I Ching? Every time he came to a decision point he would ask it and then write based on its guidance which is an amazing idea for plotting a novel IMO.

Read more PKD! I think the next book I read by him was Valis - it might actually blow your mind open.

SKINNER!

Banned
Well, that first date went very well I think. Nerves were calm throughout, no awkward silences/pauses, restaurant sucked but it didn't seem to spoil the evening and we planned when we'll have the second date before the first one even ended :)

inb4thisisnotthedatingagethread

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, that first date went very well I think. Nerves were calm throughout, no awkward silences/pauses, restaurant sucked but it didn't seem to spoil the evening and we planned when we'll have the second date before the first one even ended :)

Wooo! Tell us when you get your dick wet :p

EDIT: fuck me I have no class hahaha

Nice one dude!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I had no idea what the fuck was going on in the hotel scene. Did he write that shit on Salvia or something? I was also a little confused as to what was happening when Tagomi was studying the jewellery but that (and the ending which also confused me - I read the last two pages like 3 times and still didn't get what was supposed to be happening) all made sense once I read on the Internet what was going on.

Also, I had trouble picturing what was physically happening when they did the I Ching shit (bits of wood? coins? wut), but I knew what it was for so that wasn't really important.

Good stuff. You'll be pissing off the duck with all your girlfriend talk before you know it!

Chinner

Banned

tell her you know me. i'm an internet celebrity so no doubt she'll be impressed.

you're welcome.

Seanbob11

Seeing as you seem to be me only a few years ahead, I approve of this. Congrats man :)

SKINNER!

Banned
Thanks for the support guys/gal :) Chinner, you're more than welcome to join us but I'll have to check if she's into ducks first.

lmao Jedeye, that cracked me up. UKGAF...classy!? Last time I checked, one is suppose to politely (and to some extent eloquently) tap on the shoulder of a person at a urinal before throwing a punch. :p

Mikeside

Thanks for the support guys/gal :) Chinner, you're more than welcome to join us but I'll have to check if she's into ducks first.

lmao Jedeye, that cracked me up. UKGAF...classy!? Last time I checked, one is suppose to politely (and to some extent eloquently) tap on the shoulder of a person at a urinal before throwing a punch. :p

Much better to talk about your date here. That way you don't have to start a girl-age thread and become one of THEM.

Soooooo, what's she like?

You guys, I have 5 days off starting on Friday. I'm so very excited :)

Yen

Mark Kermode's books are good.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm off to Grand Designs Live at the Birmingham Omega Supreme on Friday to headbutt Kevin McCloud and go oooh at fancy taps and garden pod-offices and things only Sara Beeney could afford. I expect the word 'bespoke' to make an appearance more than once. I'm fed up of renting and need to start thinking about buying my own nest to do as I please to. Luckily I'm in Hull so I only need to save up 2k for a 4-bedder. I'll knock all the upstairs walls through and have a minimalist bathroom like those fucking 'young professionals' do.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I'm off to Grand Designs Live at the Birmingham Omega Supreme on Friday to headbutt Kevin McCloud and go oooh at fancy taps and garden pod-offices and things only Sara Beeney could afford. I expect the word 'bespoke' to make an appearance more than once. I'm fed up of renting and need to start thinking about buying my own nest to do as I please to. Luckily I'm in Hull so I only need to save up 2k for a 4-bedder. I'll knock all the upstairs walls through and have a minimalist bathroom like those fucking 'young professionals' do.

I will not have a bad word said against Grand Designs.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Oh I love it too, it just irks me when it mostly features people half my age owning multi million pound properties and 'only' having a £600,000 budget for their plans. I went wrong somewhere.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I love it too, it just irks me when it mostly features people half my age owning multi million pound properties and 'only' having a £600,000 budget for their plans. I went wrong somewhere.

This annoys me too. Still, it's better than people building a multi million pound house with a £250k and then saying 'well, we will just have to see what happens when the money runs out'. Dumbasses.

Sometimes I wish he would just call them out on their bullshit and say 'that's just fucking stupid. You people are retarded'.

SteveWD40

Unless your 80 they are rarely half your age, the ones that are younger are usually born into it (you can tell). Then there are the ones who bought in London pre 2003 and made £500k on their pokey shithole.

As for their budgets, that's all debt, they go balls deep with the bank and won't own their flat pack house ever, their kids will be lucky to see it without a mortgage / loan before they die...

Bleepey

Quick question UK GAF, which is the best university in research and academics in the STEM fields ?

That's a bit broad but Oxbridge most likely followed by Imperial and UCL. Imperial ONLY do science and business they don't offer any humanities to my knowledge.

SKINNER!

Banned
Much better to talk about your date here. That way you don't have to start a girl-age thread and become one of THEM.

Soooooo, what's she like?

You guys, I have 5 days off starting on Friday. I'm so very excited :)

Incredibly pretty, her parents frequently worked abroad and she didn't move back to the UK until the end of high school so we kinda related on that factor, more into sports than music but she did play the flute, loves to travel, coming close to the end of her undergrad course in psychology, started taking judo classes, only watches 90210...yeaaah, that won't do..Gonna give her a list of recommended tv shows the next time I see her. But yeah, she was interesting so we'll see how it goes.

Got anything special planned during your 5 days off?

Was at a 90s hip hop night tonight. Right good.

And that's my cool story!

:O nice!! song list...now! that's awesome, I'd love to head to a 90s hiphop night but I can never find one around here.

EDIT: New Django Unchained trailer!!! Anyone looking forward to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztD3mRMdqSw&feature=youtu.be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom