• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Careful now.

tumblr_ljq77svYwA1qavmeoo1_500.gif

TCRS

Banned
Didn't mean it that way haha. Was a bit surprised that's all.

I bought another bottle of Fentimans Curiosity Cola today. Wanted to try that Rose flavour but Curiosity Cola tastes so good. Couldn't resist.

edit: Fruit Pastilles.

Clegg

Didn't mean it that way haha. Was a bit surprised that's all.

I bought another bottle of Fentimans Curiosity Cola today. Wanted to try that Rose flavour but Curiosity Cola tastes so good. Couldn't resist.

edit: Fruit Pastilles.

I was actually just looking for an excuse to quote Father Ted.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Mars.

I only eat the little snickers when they're in a tin of Celebrations

I love sucking they little snickers down to the nuts :)

also sucking on chocolate is another debate all together.. some people are horrified by the idea.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
From what i've seen on the gaming side, seems like a lot of UK-gaf are SEGA fans, or atleast prefer them over Nintendo.

I remember reading the megadrive did better here so it makes sense.
I was going to get a MegaDrive as a kid (watched loads of Sonic cartoons and even got books), but then I played Super Mario World at a friends and decided that an SNES was what I wanted. Been a Nintendo fan since (never had an N64 mind). First system however was an Atari 520st.

Tumblr gifs suck

Is Tumblr gif code for gifs that don't loop well/images unnecessarily turned into animated gifs?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Wine Gums or Fruit Pastilles?

Fruit Pastilles for me, like Wine Gums but Pastilles alll the way.
Also, Refreshers >>>> Everything, and I meen the roll of sweets not the bars.

Finally hitting up Newcastle tonight seeing as I didn't bother at the weekend.
Cheers, GAF!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The Wii was an amazing seller.

Still doesn't mean it was cool though.

Sega Megadrive was the shit.

I do agree that the Megadrive was the shit. Loved it.

But the Wii has a different sort of cool (and just to pre-empt whatever follows up, yes I do only have a wii as a console, no I don't have a HDTV, yes I have seen X360 and PS3 games being played, yes I have seen them being played on HDTVs, yes I have tried Kinect (ha!)).

But get this. When my prospective son-in-law needed to sell a console to buy an engagement ring, he sold the X360 - not the Wii.

And that's not about the resale price either, they were about even at the time. And to be sure it was a heck of a sacrifice for him. But a helluva good one given what he got for it. I'm proud of the lad for making the right choice. Local co-op rules!

Like I said, it's a different kind of cool.

Yen

We call em Chelsea tractors. It's mainly suburban mums and middle easterners.
Ridiculous. I was in a traffic jam in Belfast* and there were 4 or 5 4x4s around me with not an ounce of mud on them.

* 1&1/2 hour drive to Belfast for doctors appointment, doctor sees me for 30 seconds.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But the Wii has a different sort of cool (and just to pre-empt whatever follows up, yes I do only have a wii as a console, no I don't have a HDTV, yes I have seen X360 and PS3 games being played, yes I have seen them being played on HDTVs, yes I have tried Kinect (ha!)).

I thought I was the only one.

If you live up by the church does that mean you drink in the Garden Gate? That's my 'local' (it used to be more local but now it's a drunken stagger home down St George's Road) too, the retro games fest last week was pretty damn sweet.

Nah, The Wheatsheaf was my local before it shut down. I just go to any old pub these days. Haven't really settled on a specific one since.

Sorry for the massively late reply. Real Life intervening and all that jazz.

I do agree that the Megadrive was the shit. Loved it.

But get this. When my prospective son-in-law needed to sell a console to buy an engagement ring, he sold the X360 - not the Wii.

And that's not about the resale price either, they were about even at the time. And to be sure it was a heck of a sacrifice for him. But a helluva good one given what he got for it. I'm proud of the lad for making the right choice. Local co-op rules!

Like I said, it's a different kind of cool.

I have them all and barely play any of them. I still mourn the passing of the Megadrive/Snes years.

Off topic: It's not often that I laugh out loud but this totally unprovoked attack has had me chuckling for the past few minutes, seemed to come out of nowhere. Obviously a ban was the result.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Green blood in Mortal Kombat on the SNES made Ninty not cool for years UNTIL Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube.
I have to stress, I had a Super Famicom, GC and Wii and loved them, I'm just on about the 90's.
Oh the GameCube, I loved it, and it had some corking games. When you meet another GC owner you feel like you're in a special club.

Clegg

I have them all and barely play any of them. I still mourn the passing of the Megadrive/Snes years.

Off topic: It's not often that I laugh out loud but this totally unprovoked attack has had me chuckling for the past few minutes, seemed to come out of nowhere. Obviously a ban was the result.

The Baroness changed the picture. The original was a bit more revealing.

She didn't deserve the abuse she received though. Just trying to put it into context.

Suairyu

Banned
You didn't see the original picture of herself she had up then?

His language was definitely out of line; the sentiment behind the words was not.

http://youtu.be/-Zz3K7Pt0rE

video of a dog playing the piano and singing.

silly dog you're not a human
... it has begun. Best be off to Tescos to buy bottled water, medical supplies and powertools.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Green blood in Mortal Kombat on the SNES made Ninty not cool for years UNTIL Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube.
I have to stress, I had a Super Famicom, GC and Wii and loved them, I'm just on about the 90's.
Oh the GameCube, I loved it, and it had some corking games. When you meet another GC owner you feel like you're in a special club.

Was Mortal Kombat really a big deal in the UK? Hardly met anyone offline who mentions it. I will agree that Nintendo wasn't a strong name, especially during the PS2 era.

Suairyu

Banned
Was Mortal Kombat really a big deal in the UK? Hardly met anyone offline who mentions it. I will agree that Nintendo wasn't a strong name, especially during the PS2 era.
I think the Mortal Kombat movie was a bigger deal round my parts than the game. If you did have the game, it was either on Mega Drive or on the trilogy game on Playstation.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Where do you live: Co Clare in Ireland.
Where are you from: Co Clare
University: Columbia University (NYC)
Sports team of choice: American Football - the packers, Soccer - Aston Villa.
Current political party of choice: Don't have one, I live on the right but sleep on the left.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: o_O ?
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Q.I.
Oasis or Blur: both were shit, I preferred Suede or Manic Street Preachers.

SmokyDave

The Baroness changed the picture. The original was a bit more revealing.

She didn't deserve the abuse she received though. Just trying to put it into context.

It seemed pretty relevant to the post she was replying to. I sometimes forget we're on a gaming forum when I'm just chatting breeze with you lot, then a post like that reminds me. Bummer.

Clegg

It seemed pretty relevant to the post she was replying to. I sometimes forget we're on a gaming forum when I'm just chatting breeze with you lot, then a post like that reminds me. Bummer.

I've given up on the gaming side now. I'm tired of the console wars and the fanboyism. I still play games but I've no real desire to post on the gaming side anymore.

OT is much better. There is the odd stupid poster here and there but discussion is usually decent and chill. Theres also the occasional hilarious thread.

Chinner

Banned
forums can get p messy with sexism and stuff. not much you can do but accept that there alot of entitled manchildren on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom